Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Update on AoD on RPGDot

Whipporowill

Erudite
It should be interesting to see if there's any change to how AoD is recieved with the RPGDot crowd with the swith to 3d. Any chance of seeing that Praetorian without the fireman's helmet anytime soonish b t w? :D

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Well, even 0 replies would be a huge improvement over the last "OMG! It came from teh Codex!" time. The fireman and most other models have been reworked/tweaked, we'll post more stuff shortly.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
When will you post ALL of the character player character models, and not just the four we've seen. Cause I think you've said 8 total somewhere.

Rulion

Liturgist
What are the eight "classes"? I know you said they're not classes in the strict sense, but you know what I mean.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Not 8, but 6. Assassin, mercenary, knight (praetorian), loremaster, thief, con artist. As you said, they are not classes, so there are no specific models for them.

The characters that we posted are basically armor/clothing style - distinctive models, just like in Fallout there were a leather jacket model, leather armor model, crude metal armor model, etc. Your knight could wear light armor, or heavy armor, or plain toga, etc.

Overall, we have 17 different models at this point, not counting differently colored armors (broze, iron, steel, etc) and male/female. Some I like, some will be scrapped, most likely.

Vault Dweller

Developer
We have a curved saber (a "long sword" equivalent), and that's about it. I have never seen a picture of Damascus armor, post if you got any. Keep in mind that we are looking at items from around 1AD, so no 15th century stuff please.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Whipporowill said:
It should be interesting to see if there's any change to how AoD is recieved with the RPGDot crowd with the swith to 3d.
No changes so far. Here is the first post: "Man, is this thing going to suck".
Sounds very promising.

Avé

Liturgist
Vault Dweller said:
We have a curved saber (a "long sword" equivalent), and that's about it. I have never seen a picture of Damascus armor, post if you got any. Keep in mind that we are looking at items from around 1AD, so no 15th century stuff please.
Ah, that's nasty :(

Pretty much the only easily findable armour from back then is Roman, and maybe some celtic/egyptian pieces if youre lucky.

Middle ages is better documented with more pieces found in digs etc :/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom