Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Valkyria Chronicles 2 is a good tactical game

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Actually only two of those tanks show up, and neither of them are beaten by just shooting at them (they're more like puzzle map, the second one even closer to being a puzzle map since the tank doesn't move and takes up most of the map). The closest thing to a giant tank besides those two is the armored train that's another bossfight.

EDIT: The second one is actually split into two chapters, the first one being a map where you need to run away before the giant fucking tank runs you over (you can find things to buy time on the way) while you lead it to a trap (the tank itself cannot be harmed because it's a giant fucking tank), the second one has you disable it for good (and it's here that it's closer to a level, the tank itself takes part in the fight only through its destructible turrets).

deuxhero

Arcane
Giant tanks that can heal themselves is surely a sign of an AI at its finest.

And certificates = grindfest. (EDIT : re-reading my previous post, I think I should have been more specific, sorry about that).

If you don't grind for certificates, you can kiss your S or A level missions good bye, which means you can't upgrade your troops, which basically means you can stop playing.

The tank doesn't heal itself, it retreats to an enemy base camp for repairs (you can do the same with your tanks), that you have to capture before it can reach. Only VC2 has those stupid certificate things

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
EDIT: The second one is actually split into two chapters, the first one being a map where you need to run away before the giant fucking tank runs you over (you can find things to buy time on the way)
Strangely enough, if you want a high rating slowing it down is the last thing you want to do.

Karmapowered

Augur
@deuxhero

I keep my scorn exclusively for VC2.

I haven't played VC1, and intend to play VC3 (since I hear it has mostly rollbacked to the original design of the series).

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The tank doesn't heal itself, it retreats to an enemy base camp for repairs (you can do the same with your tanks), that you have to capture before it can reach. Only VC2 has those stupid certificate things
Also if we're talking about the fight with the tank that's just an advanced regular tank like what Welkin has, the second fight against that guy is actually a really good one. Though once you get everything just right, you can win that fight in a single round of coordinated attacks.

EDIT: The second one is actually split into two chapters, the first one being a map where you need to run away before the giant fucking tank runs you over (you can find things to buy time on the way)
Strangely enough, if you want a high rating slowing it down is the last thing you want to do.
Well, I don't remember if the stage cleared when you reached the finish line, or the tank.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Well, I don't remember if the stage cleared when you reached the finish line, or the tank.
I pretty sure it had to be the tank-battlewagon as you were leading it into a trap.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom