Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming Fall 2024

Larianshill

Arbiter
You forgot Cities Skylines, which is unbelievably scandalous.

Learned
I haven't canceled my Blood Moon preorder due to morbid curiosity and admittedly, because it was practically free when local pricing policy was in effect. Blood Moon is supposed to be the highest tier but it's so typical of Paradox to introduce an even higher tier version near the release.

Semiurge

Cipher
Yeah when you think about it...Does Paradox publish/produce anything that is complete at launch? Also they develop Stellaris/etc right? What else is solely in their production sector?

If a finished game is a hamburger, then Paradox's releases are the sesame seeds that go on the buns. The rest you need to purchase separately.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Couple of new (ultimately positive) glassdoor reviews that suggest things aren't going all that smoothly (I am Jack's Complete Lack of Surprise)

Mar 28, 2024

Great place to grow but is having trouble taking in more famous titles

Programmer
Former Employee, more than 3 years

Pros

Great job security, great projects.

Cons

Production is disorganized in planning the work so often stuff gets squished last minute before feature delivery.

Apr 13, 2024

Brilliant company, good people, interesting projects.

Pros

Space to learn and grow as a developer. Good salary. Flexible work hours. People focused.

Cons

Might expect more of an individual dev than other bigger companies.

Herumor

Scholar
Couple of new (ultimately positive) glassdoor reviews that suggest things aren't going all that smoothly (I am Jack's Complete Lack of Surprise)

Mar 28, 2024

Great place to grow but is having trouble taking in more famous titles

Programmer
Former Employee, more than 3 years

Pros

Great job security, great projects.

Cons

Production is disorganized in planning the work so often stuff gets squished last minute before feature delivery.

Apr 13, 2024

Brilliant company, good people, interesting projects.

Pros

Space to learn and grow as a developer. Good salary. Flexible work hours. People focused.

Cons

Might expect more of an individual dev than other bigger companies.
This is for Chinese Room?

Mauman

Learned
Mods will fix it.
Mods are like spices. They either enhance the taste of something good, or they attempt to hide the taste of something bad.

You can attempt to spice rotting meat all you want, but even if you manage to hide the bulk of the bad taste, at the end of the day you're still eating rotting meat.

Vulpes

Scholar
Daily wish that this shit gets canned and never released.

Why? It being a shitshow will be more entertaining that any game released this year. This is class A entertainment. I can't wait.
Because I love the original and hate seeing its name attached to this abortion.
Imagine actually caring about the name. Arkane's Prey might not have anything to do with the original, but it's still a great spiritual successor to System Shock. Far better than Jew Levine's Bioshock and that tranny-coded roguelite he's currently working on. That said, I'm not trying to imply that Bloodlines 2 will be good. I think the most we can expect from it is a mediocre copy of Dishonored 1 and that's the type of game we should be comparing it to.

Mods will fix it.

Mods never fixed bad game. Never.
They fixed Morrowind and made it into a game that can be enjoyed without abusing bugs and glitches.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Imagine actually caring about the name.
Imagine actually not caring about the name.

I find it extremely satisfying that "Project Snowblind" was never released under the name of Deus Ex 3, like it was originally going to. Made people forget its horrid existence much faster. Otherwise, every time you'd think about the original Deus Ex, or even its Dance Dance Revolution prequel, you'd have not only Invisible Whore, but also Project Snowbling as a mental hanger-on.

What's in a name? A lot.

Vulpes

Scholar
Imagine actually not caring about the name.

I find it extremely satisfying that "Project Snowblind" was never released under the name of Deus Ex 3, like it was originally going to. Made people forget its horrid existence much faster. Otherwise, every time you'd think about the original Deus Ex, or even its Dance Dance Revolution prequel, you'd have not only Invisible Whore, but also Project Snowbling as a mental hanger-on.

What's in a name? A lot.
Names are mainly there for marketing purposes. Everyone that's not an autistic imbecile knows that Arkane's Prey is not connected to Human Head Studios' Prey. The problem with Invisible War is that it was a direct continuation of Deus Ex 1, which Bloodlines 2 isn't. The sole narrative element that's shared between the two games is the WoD setting. None of the characters, locations and plot points from the original are returning, so they're not gonna be retroactively effected by something that's a "sequel" in name only.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
The problem with Invisible War is that it was a direct continuation of Deus Ex 1, which Bloodlines 2 isn't. The sole narrative element that's shared between the two games is the WoD setting. None of the characters, locations and plot points from the original are returning, so they're not gonna be retroactively effected by something that's a "sequel" in name only.
Sounds like a solid reason to not call it Bloodlines 2, thanks for making my case.

Harthwain

Magister
They fixed Morrowind and made it into a game that can be enjoyed without abusing bugs and glitches.
Never used mods for Morrowind and I was fine.

Names are mainly there for marketing purposes. Everyone that's not an autistic imbecile knows that Arkane's Prey is not connected to Human Head Studios' Prey. The problem with Invisible War is that it was a direct continuation of Deus Ex 1, which Bloodlines 2 isn't. The sole narrative element that's shared between the two games is the WoD setting. None of the characters, locations and plot points from the original are returning, so they're not gonna be retroactively effected by something that's a "sequel" in name only.
That's not true. "Bloodlines 2" implies connection to another "Bloodlines" title (the one without a number in its title). WoD setting can be connected by "Vampire: The Masquerade" part. Just look at Redemption, which was before Bloodlines; same setting, different stories. So using "Bloodlines" without any real connections between the two is simply false marketing strategy.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
That's not true. "Bloodlines 2" implies connection to another "Bloodlines" title (the one without a number in its title). WoD setting can be connected by "Vampire: The Masquerade" part. Just look at Redemption, which was before Bloodlines; same setting, different stories. So using "Bloodlines" without any real connections between the two is simply false marketing strategy.
It's also worth pointing out that there are a ton of Vampire games around now that aren't Bloodlines. I realize a lot of them have flown under the radar, but they're still there. That said, in theory this has some of the same characters and ideas that the original had, but as with every other sequel that's made by a basically completely unrelated team, that connection is going to be tenuous.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom