Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Video-creation problems.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Ho ho ho, Codexia.

Problem: DosBox successfully records avi-file of my adventures in retro gaming. I can view the clip in MediaPlayerClassic, VLC player or even Windows Media Player with zero problems. But when I import the clip into either Windows Movie Maker or Windows Live Movie Maker (WTF MS anyway?!), they both think it's an audio file.

I tried 2 shareware video editors, first one crashed when it tried to import the clip, second one gave an general "codec not found"-error and crashed. Awesome stuff.

So I googled up and found "Windows Essential Codec Pack" which people were raving at Microsoft Answers, how it solved their problems. Didn't solve mine.

Now, I'm pretty sure someone at Codex has made videos from DosBox and might have solved this problem. PLZ HALP!

LazyD

Liturgist
Does this mean someone from the codex is actually doing a LP thats not all boring text?

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Fuck you Sony for requiring me to register a TRIAL-version of your shitty software before trying it out. And it didn't work either -> .avi is still recognized as audio only. AND the fuckers had no uninstaller-shortcut, thanks a lot for forcing me to go to Control Panel. Oh well, uninstalled a lot of other shit while I was there so I guess it was a good thing in the end. Probably installed a rootkit or something on my HD while it was there.

Avidemux is much smaller and simpler, too bad it has the problem.

I'm thinking it's not a problem with the programs but rather with the video codecs, though I cannot understand how players can show the clips just fine but editors only recognize the audio.

So what was the problem then? And you know, I kind of expected you to pirate SVP and not go straight for the trial version.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom