Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Virgin rips off IWD2 buyers.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Icewind Dale 2

As if it didn't take <a href="Http://icewind2.blackisle.com">IWD2</a> long enough to get to Europe, <A href="http://www.rpgdot.com">RPGDot</a> is <a href="http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php#12881">reporting</a> that German buyers are feeling the burn of getting less than what they were promised in terms of additional content. Apparently the cloth map was replaced with a paper one, and the dice are missing, but they got an additional CD that has a whopping five MP3s on it.
<br>
<br>
Whoooooooo!

Rosh

Erudite
Hey, they can't be called Virgin anymore since they love to dick over their customers!

/me listens for rim shot.

Mistress

Liturgist
Saint_Proverbius said:
..... and the dice are missing...

Well, it was only one step between having the amazingly teeny dice and not bothering anyway.

Rosh

Erudite
Saint_Proverbius said:
I've heard some people talking about how small the dice were in the CE. Exactly how tiny were they?

It's not like "nickel dice" (about the size of a nickel) are that expensive, either. If you really want a custom set cast (color, not shape, and with custom print), often is under 50c each or less if you designed them yourself.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I don't think anyone cares too much about the dice, but it really sucks about the whole cloth map and audio cd business, though. I mean, gosh, cloth maps rule and the real audio cd has a whole bunch of tracks from IWD1 and HOW.

Rosh

Erudite
Well, audio can be ripped to listen, so it's no big deal. But cloth maps and other real goodies are the best. Good, well-crafted dice are nice to have.

But they ditched the cloth map in lieu of a 5-track CD with what is likely just some of the background music. Not good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom