Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Voor De Kroon: 13th century trimmed down Bannerlord (3rd Person brawler + Real Time Tactis + Sandbox management)

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I was doing some "R&D" and found this odd game, that seems to be a solo dev Mount and Blade wannabe, and I must say it works. I haven't play much (1h), but the game combines the battles of Mount and Blade with a simplified strategic layer that is a bit simpler than the one in Shogun Total War 1.

ss_3d3c453601615bc9f3e1cd504a9194792947fef9.600x338.jpg
ss_3c21197b0ace9f49f83fafc2106401798485961e.1920x1080.jpg

ss_4f498d1b89541efc7bb5e57b0979e782e85cb468.600x338.jpg
ss_839dbc3387feb97366382bf1d870a19303136433.600x338.jpg

You have 3 building slots and 3/4 troop slots per settlement. You can move troops between your settlements and attack a nearby enemy settlement afterwards, and that's about it.
It doesn't have the RPG aspects of MnB, but the combination of strategic layer and first person combat works pretty well, but I don't know how well it holds up late game (as there is much less variety in troops than in MnB, and no character skills to grind). A funny thing compared to MnB is that you don't have HuD icons to help you avoid trampling your own militia.

It is still in EA(since december 2022).

Anomander

Educated
I'm always amazed by some random developers creating games for like a 5 people. First person combat + strategic and tactical combat? I play both types of games, but not in one game. Who are they creating it for?
I saw some of weird combinations (RTS + FPS), and I am always thinking who would want to play that.

Modron

Arcane
I played the demo a few years ago, is the combat better these days?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
I'm always amazed by some random developers creating games for like a 5 people. First person combat + strategic and tactical combat? I play both types of games, but not in one game. Who are they creating it for?
I saw some of weird combinations (RTS + FPS), and I am always thinking who would want to play that.
Me, I like this kind of weird hybrid.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
I played the demo a few years ago, is the combat better these days?
Individual combat is much weaker than in Warbands/Bannerlord, as it feels more "floaty", and it is hard to feel when your parry/block will work, and whether you are within reach or not. However, formations make large scale combat much better to manage than in MnB, where you are forced to group all soldiers of a same type together..

Caim

Arcane
Didn't know that there was such a huge market for games as a vehicle for historical revisionism by Frisian ultra-nationalists.

puur prutswerk

Magister
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Didn't know that there was such a huge market for games as a vehicle for historical revisionism by Frisian ultra-nationalists.

I got this game without realizing that it was some kind of pro-Frysian thing. I really should watch game-trailers with sound on lol, not the first time I got burned this way by something overtly woke or otherwise not my cup of I hardly even drink tea ever. I am from a region and especially city that enjoys bashing Fryslan because they are right next to us and sometimes I like to participate for fun. To see these pole-dancing barbarians elevated to such chivalry in a videogame trailer almost churns my stomach lol.

The game seems nice though, I mostly fiddled around with the faction creation screen to make my own green-white faction that replaces Vrieslant.

My hometown is not on the map yet, but a developer on their Discord said they still have to add lots of towns in that region.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom