Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vote for AoD!

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I've been notified that CRPG.ru has some kinda voting thingy (ever since Stalin died, them Russians took a liking to voting for stuff), and AoD is on the list. They listed 56 upcoming RPGs and AoD is #14 currently, stuck between Dragon Age and Battle Lord (both are worthy companions, btw)

Anyway, I have no idea what being ranked as the 14th most anticipated RPG in the entire Russia means for AoD and the future of mankind, but I reckon it's not a bad thing. So, if you can throw some votes my way, that would be appreciated.

http://rating.crpg.ru/bestgame.php?type=expectgame

Lumpy

Arcane
Admiral jimbob said:
I can't read communistese, so I just voted for AoD five times. Hm.
EDIT: #13 now.

Select 5 games. By one game it is possible to select several times, in this case by it it will be given is so many vocal, how often you it will select. It is not compulsory to use all 5 versions of selection.
To vote in each of the nominations is possible one time per month.

Cycloptis

Scholar
It's a good thing you pointed me to that site, since I've discovered a few new RPGs among the fray.

For that, I award you two votes for AoD.

Vault Dweller

Developer
@ Decado:

Maybe. Two Russian publishers approached me (one even offered an upfront payment), willing to sign a contract right away. Overall, I've received 11 different offers, the last one after the GameBanshee interview.

@ Cycloptis:
:salute:

In unrelated news, AoD is #7 now.

Twinfalls

Erudite
#6 now.

Sadly, Fallout 3 is way up in second place, but I guess 'anticipated' can mean 'anticipated for how angry it will make RPG players'.

Lumpy

Arcane
And check out the "Most disappointing RPGs" list. Oblivion is #2 and Morrowind #3.

John Yossarian

Magister
Is there any way you could ask for a link to your site? I cant read Russian but it seems there is no easy way for people to get more info about AoD right from the rank page (3 of the higher ranked games have a link to a summary page where it also has the official website).
Btw, i did a search in that site and came across this screen
that i hadn't seen before. Is that really from the game? It just looks too good to me.

Vault Dweller

Developer
John Yossarian said:
Is there any way you could ask for a link to your site? I cant read Russian but it seems there is no easy way for people to get more info about AoD right from the rank page (3 of the higher ranked games have a link to a summary page where it also has the official website).
Btw, i did a search in that site and came across this screen
that i hadn't seen before. Is that really from the game? It just looks too good to me.
Yes, it's from the game.

http://www.rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=10604

I'll talk to the CRPG.ru guy (he's registered at the Codex) and ask for some links or more info.

Monolith

Prophet
You just got 5 votes. Heck, I'm not even bullshitting them - AoD actually is the most anticipated game for me and almost the only one I'm looking forward to. Except Gothic 3 perhaps but they have enough votes already...and yeah, Ashes...but I missed that one.

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
Holy crap, you're beating out Bioshock... In fact I am not sure why Bioshock isn't at least in the top 10. Maybe Russians are not fans of the System Shock games? I guess Shodan reminds them too much of all the dictators who ruled over there. ;)

Shagnak

Shagadelic
baby arm said:
Voted for AoD, Bioshock, & Disciples 3. AoD is #6 now.

And JA3D is #9. Haven't they heard?
Metallix tells me that the russkies have been eternally optimistic about the game. Don't ask me why.

Edit:
I shared my votes amongst AoD, Ashes, and Eschalon.
I felt like giving the indies a hand job.

(Pity Ashes and Escalon aren't higher. Oh well)

Slylandro

Scholar
Also voted for AoD. I couldn't bring myself to vote for Eschalon though because the developer just hasn't given up enough information about it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom