Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

eklektyk

Erudite
except corpus ones when it decides to spawn 6 isolator bursas and fuck shit up :) i avoid them like a plague...

Gerrard

Arcane
Or you can just sit there and let some tryhard with a Tonkor or Ash kill everything for you.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Tonkor actually gets shit done? I haven't built one yet.

Anyway, if we're ever supposed to organize more farming and shit among Codexers (though I have run more 4-man runs on average than ever before now that Blib and Wild Slop joined the Clan I'm part of) we should share the Steam and game handles so we can toss the invites around and see whenever anyone's playing. And so Codexers who need a Clan to access ClanTech vendors can join AlexofSpades' Clan.

tonkor, potato + at least 2 formas. crit build goes past 100% chance. it's a hell to aim, especially if you use "heavy caliber", but it kills throngs of enemies every time a grenade connects once you put "vital sense" and "hammer shot" on it.

MadMaxHellfire, both as steam handle and as warframe nick.
warn me here who you are, i seldom accept blind invites and let them rot where they are.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, mine are hardly blind since my Steam handle is just vaarna_aarne and my Warframe handle is vaarnaaarne. But yea, I don't accept random seemingly unknown invites either.

Vaarna_Aarne

Ah so that's the gist of it, it's a crit weapon with AoE. Personally I'm not much of a fan of grenade launchers, so I'll pass.

eklektyk

Erudite
ign: eklek
and im in a clan that has all weapons unlocked and only colors for dojo to go :)
feel free to hit me up if codex squad needs 4th or smth

as for tonkor i lack proper mods to go above 86 crit or so and aoe is a beast ...just nullifiers require to carry good secondary or meele from time to time

i use "critical delay" to reach 104%, but i hardly see the point. a 4% over 100 is not going to bring any usable double crits, while the slower fire rate forces to make each and every round count, which is harder if you're using "heavy caliber" which scatters your grenades everywhere. 86% is pretty near 100%, and a double tap lets clean the ground while you reload. you don't want anything alive while you take that loooong pause to reload the tonkor.
i'm nearing the completion of the third forma'ing of the tonkor, i was planning to experiment with "wildfire" and another mod which would have brought the magazine from 2 to the amazing 3.
it'll probably have any use only in defense and interception vs infested, and i doubt it, but hey, science is fun when it makes you blow up stuff.

Gerrard

Arcane
IGN: Very_Melon

I have a ghost clan with 6 spots if anyone needs anything (everything researched). Also feel free to invite me to T3 survival because I used up all of my keys (or T4 because soloing T4 is a pain sometimes).

Also, I'm aligned with the left syndicates + Red Veil so if you're on the right and want some weapons/mods let me know, I want some of their exclusives too (mostly Shield Transference).

eklektyk

Erudite
now i decidet to farm mirage but it apears to be kinda hard ...need dedicated group going multiple times ..so far no luck :)

nyx prime is cooking and i got like 4 frames to lvlup so i got plenty to do

Vaarna_Aarne

Baro is back, and carries the same inventory as last weekend.

So anyone who doesn't yet have the mummyframe quest and wants one can pick it up, and anyone who doesn't have the Slash mod set should get any he thinks they need (read: at least melee).

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
So, what's the actual plat value of Buzz Kill? warframe.market has offers for <100 but maybe it's worth even less now.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well it usually climbs back to 500 after Baro takes off. Before Baro started offering the 120% mods they were all over 1000 plat if an event wasn't recent.

Gerrard

Arcane
The 120% mods are bad because they only increase one physical type where a 90% elemental takes its damage from the total base damage. So you need that one physical type to be at least 75% of the total damage for the 120% mod to even match the damage bonus of a 90% elemental one.
Then there is the fact that physical damage types are worse than elemental types because of damage bonuses. So even if you get the same amount of bonus damage from it on paper it will in most cases still result in less effective damage.

The only real use these mods have is sorties with "Enemy Elemental Enhancement".

eklektyk

Erudite
build soma prime - started using it - put potato on - liking it much more than normal soma
cant put my finger on why but it "feels" much more "meaty" or smth
curently im torn between using somas meatshreder with ignis "purge it with fire"
both are extremly fun to use plus ignis has some nice synergy with ember that i like runing with

Vaarna_Aarne

Why Soma Prime feels so much better than Soma: Well, obvious it has slightly higher base damage, which once Split Chamber, Point Strike and Vital Sense are in starts to count a lot, but much more important its spool-up time is notably shorter and its magazine is double in size so its much more responsive to handle.

i had my taste of the wukong and i didn't find it very fun. maybe it's a good tank but his ultimate forces him to melee. without mobility skills mobs are dead before i can reach them.
in a fre days i'm going to try the equinox finally, but this enthusiasm is due to me always mistaking his skills for mirage's.

Vaarna_Aarne

This year's anniversary weapon is Dex Sybaris. Not particularly to my taste that gun, but we'll see how the deluxe edition holds up.

Gerrard

Arcane
Not a fan of weapons you spend more time reloading than shooting and Sybaris is almost that.
But hey they gave out Furis and Dakra again as well so that's 2 free slots!

E: oh it appears they reduced the reload time and increased mag size so it might be fun to use.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom