Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance coming March 27th

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tags: Eutechnyx; Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance

0037273.jpg

Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance, Eutechynx's "lane strategy" game, will be release for PC on March 27th.

It seems that "lane strategy" is a very literal term. You attack via lanes and claim lanes, playing either as Marines or Orks.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Well, at least they're kinda spraying and praying now. There's a bunch of things in the making, I think with luck one or two can be "fun" to a certain extent. Eternal Crusade looks like it will be fun if they stick with the Planetside 2 model and don't stray too far from the mechanics in Space Marine (which was fine for the most part). Then there's the Space Hulk FPS which I can't imagine going wrong, because it's such a simple concept. The Space Wolves may or may not be a fun card game. Fuck the panzer general-like being made, though.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Pssht, if they're gonna whore out the brand like this they may as well make an "indie" side-scrolling shooter. Even The Mutant Chronicles got one!

P6yRAfu.jpg

:yeah:

Hmm... a pretentious platformer starring a space marine who learns that war and violence are wrong. Also he is stalking his ex.

Best ending is achieved by killing no one.

oscar

Arcane
While this looks like garbage we've got the hex-based Armageddon coming out which lots a lot more promising.

Angthoron

Arcane
What the fuck, a Plants vs Zombies clone? Marines vs Orks?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
What the fuck, a Plants vs Zombies clone? Marines vs Orks?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

orks are plants - technically.
this game would fit in if they put in ork vs necrons.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
While this looks like garbage we've got the hex-based Armageddon coming out which lots a lot more promising.
It promises Rites of War II. Still decline.
Although they are the ones behind Panzer Corps, and the screenshots look like Panzer Corps 40k, they gave no detail about the gameplay, so we must keep faith in the Emperor.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Who owns rights fot Emperor of fading suns setting? Maybe it could be kickstarted; its as cool grim dark as WH40K without Mat Ward.
i don't think holistic want (or possibly can) to try their hand on another pc game after that space rpg game rights debacle. they'll prolly just keep milking pnp and the miniature wargame until they dry up.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's out on Steam as a paid beta. That's so exciting... The Steam reviews basically say that it's the same as expected, minus the challenge.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom