Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #22: The Update Before The Update

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: InXile Entertainment; Wasteland 2

The Wasteland 2 team has sent out an update, informing us that there's going to be an awesome update...in a month. The description is rather mouthwatering, though. I'll just post the entire thing:

The team at inXile is filled with nervous energy to show off what we've been working on. As we're now in full production, we've been making some great strides with the game’s systems. There is still quite a ways to go, but we're near the point where we can show you all a bit of what you pledged to make a reality.​

Within a month, you can expect a new update which will show a few minutes of actual gameplay. The video will follow a slice of the Agricultural Center, which was designed by Mr. Chris Avellone. You'll see a team of four Rangers running around in the world, some early working HUD elements, a few combat encounters, a taste of dialog, and the ranger team using some of their skills. We’ve been working on each of these systems separately and this is the first time we've put them all together to get a small sample of the gameplay experience. It's beginning to look like a real game!​

Keep in mind that this is an early build and is intended as a progress report, not as a demonstration of final gameplay. As always, we want to hear your feedback! It has been a cornerstone of our development up to this point and we beg that you keep it coming as it will only result in a better game for everyone. We follow all channels available to us so let us know with a comment below or on Facebook, Twitter, our blog, forums, or by simply shouting very loudly.​

We hope you'll see the potential.​

If you'd like to get periodic details of the development process, you can also follow me on Twitter @RangerKeenan. Thanks and we look forward to hearing your responses!​

Chris Keenan - Producer​

I guess this Facebook post should give us a hint at what we can expect in the Agricultural Center. What horticultural horrors do you have in store for us, MCA?

Marsal

Arcane
my_body_is_ready.png

Repressed Homosexual
At this point it's looking more and more likely that Infinitron is a spambot programmed by DarkUnderlord which he sometimes aids when the script comes up with unintelligible replies, constantly tweaking it. Think of it, he just posts and posts and posts tons of different threads with all the same kind of headline and quote formats, and his replies are always very sparse with just an emoticon, displaying the most generic and limited type of personality possible.

At some point Brian Fargo will post an update about how great the new coffee machine in the office is and "Infinitron" will post it as if it was breaking news.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
At this point it's looking more and more likely that Infinitron is a spambot programmed by DarkUnderlord which he sometimes aids when the script comes up with unintelligible replies, constantly tweaking it. Think of it, he just posts and posts and posts tons of different threads with all the same kind of headline and quote formats, and his replies are always very sparse with just an emoticon, displaying the most generic and limited type of personality possible.

At some point Brian Fargo will post an update about how great the new coffee machine in the office is and "Infinitron" will post it as if it was breaking news.

I must admit that I had similar thoughts about VentilatorOfDoom when I was new on the Codex. :P

Alex_Steel

Arcane
Patron
Do you really have to post every PE or W2 update no matter how mundane?
:hmmm:

Funny that this is coming from you. It's a matter of perspective really. For example, you don't seem to be annoyed by the fact some of you WCDS guys do the exact same thing in GD. Thread after thread with "important updates" about the horrors of our civilization (aka immigrants, gays, atheists, liberals, satan, gays, wheat, jews, blacks, drugs, gays, etc).

For the time being, taste your own medicine and if you have any complains, refer to this song.

scrambles

Educated
Unrelated, but has it been confirmed that you will be able to split your party up in WL2, send two rangers to one town and the other 2 to another?

Do you really have to post every PE or W2 update no matter how mundane?
:hmmm:

Funny that this is coming from you. It's a matter of perspective really. For example, you don't seem to be annoyed by the fact some of you WCDS guys do the exact same thing in GD. Thread after thread with "important updates" about the horrors of our civilization (aka immigrants, gays, atheists, liberals, satan, gays, wheat, jews, blacks, drugs, gays, etc).

For the time being, taste your own medicine and if you have any complains, refer to this song.

:bro:

Infinitron, just keep on posting, I use Codex for all my gaming news, so I'm always glad to be informed easily in one place, even for small stuff! Thank you, and all the Codex staff.

And HHR if you and WCDS can spam dozens of threads with your shit like Alex said, it's only fair we can get something on this crpg forum that pertains to crpgs, that actually interests most of the people here.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz

:bro:

I don't remember VentilatorOfDoom posting about all such small mundane stuff.

Harold

Arcane
Agricultural center will be MCA recycling unused ideas from the cut Environmental Protection Agency in Fallout 2. Mark my words.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
While I agree that some of these updates are less than thrilling, they are all gluten-free, so I don't see any harm in them either.

Saduj

Arcane
I enjoy the inane updates. The OCD-ness of them assures me that ANY updates on games I'm interested in will be posted here. Keep up the good work. :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom