Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #56: The Apocalypse is Now - Wasteland 2 Released!

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
sea Brother None Any news on the physical items (Doomsday Survival Edition)...? Anything...? I thought the whole idea of going with Deep Silver was to help avoid the physical distribution problems (delays) of other Kickstarters, yet it seems those of us who put in substantial dollars will still be waiting months after release... :negative:

I so wanted to open my boxed edition and have the manual and map sitting on my desk while I was playing... you know, like in the old days... that nostalgia thing that drives more money towards Kickstarters....

:(

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It's pretty fucking shitty what they're doing -- while you could've ordered a copy a week prior to release in potato and get it right on time.

mindx2

Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Next update... and I'm NOT happy: :x
Update #57

Oct 1 2014

Deep Breath…OK, Now Work Continues On

2 likes
Hello Rangers!

Wow! We've been extremely humbled and electrified at the feedback coming in during Wasteland 2's first week as an officially released game! We love seeing you discover all the little touches and intricacies of the game. We have been very happy to see people engrossed by the game we made with your help, and the high praise directed at it! So, mission accomplished, time to wrap this baby up!

I kid..I kid. We started working on our first patch even before the game was out, and released it last Friday. You can find the 9 pages of patch notes over on our tumblr.

Many fixes were to issues we were aware of but we've also been keeping an eye on your feedback, and tweaking the game experience based on the masses of information flowing across the various discussion boards on the web. One example of this was reducing the jam rates for guns that most frequently caused problems. Our design team is busy cleaning up issues in the various levels and will continue to do so. We are also hard at work fixing memory-related issues to reduce crashes on 32-bit machines.

The game launched with some problems in localizations causing keywords to be entirely missing which could lock you into dialogs. With the latest patch these bugs should be resolved, we will continue to catch any straggling bugs and to polish, edit and improve the localized versions in the future. We fully intend to continue supporting and updating this game, while we are also starting on the development of our modding tools.

Reviews
Part of the fun and horror of releasing a game is watching reviews stream in, both from users and press. Thankfully it was more fun than horror as Wasteland 2 currently stands at 88% recommended on Steam, with a lot of great reads in the top helpful reviews.

Press reviews have been great as well, such as these from Game Informer (8.75), Gizorama (4.5/5), and GamesBeat (94). We're rounding up all reviews on our tumblr (116 and counting).

Physical Goods Shipping
While everyone can and hopefully is playing Wasteland 2 now with their Steam or GOG keys from the Ranger Center, we've been awaiting timelines from Deep Silver on physical shipping. Because they assembled different elements from different locations in the world and generally used slower shipping, the timeline of physical goods was much longer than we anticipated. As it is looking now, our timeline will be:
- The first batch of physical goods will be standard boxes only, shipped on the 3rd week of this month. These will go out to backers receiving only the standard box.
- Batches of physical goods including the metal Collector's Edition box will ship next and we'll announce a more precise time as soon as we have it.

Deep Silver will ship them with general post shipping (without tracking). We will keep you informed as we get more info on the specific batches shipping out.

We apologize this process took longer than we'd planned or hoped for at the outset. Unfortunately, things outside of our control made it take longer than anticipated. We will do our utmost to ensure you get your physical goods as soon as is possible and in good order.

mindx2

Patron
Sorry man. Neither are we.

Whatever deal you made with Deep Silver... well, you paid them too much! I hope you are reconsidering using them for T:ToN. I mean really, what happened that this became such a fiasco? The whole idea of going with them was to avoid this kind of screw-up...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Actually, they didn't pay them. That's kind of the point, I suspect. ;)

mindx2

Patron
Actually, they didn't pay them. That's kind of the point, I suspect. ;)
But they are getting a percentage so... yeah, they did "pay them" in a manner of speaking.

3 WEEKS
just for the regular edition to go out which is probably nothing more than a DVD case and disk, then a "we'll announce a more precise time as soon as we have it" for your backers that paid a lot of money for that good ol' nastalgia... really?!! Someone really dropped the ball on this one big time. It's all just very frustrating as I really wanted to enjoy the game with those physical items for the "complete effect." Almost every KS has really done a terrible job on this aspect of their campaigns and it will have an impact on future pledges.

Yes, I'm VERY :butthurt:

Cazzeris

I'd be much less butthurt if they at least showed some pics.

Still not convinced with that metal thing, I need to see it as soon as possible.

mindx2

Patron
I'd be much less butthurt if they at least showed some pics.

Still not convinced with that metal thing, I need to see it as soon as possible.

It sounds like they don't even have them produced yet and are still into the initial production. If that's the case then we'll be waiting quite awhile.

I know I'm being a
grouch.jpg
here but this really puts a damper on my enthusiasm for KS projects (especially with InXile) in the future. Did no one at InXile keep tabs on Deep Silver just to check in once in awhile to make sure things were on track? Very poor form if they just signed over the distribution and went, "Man, glad we don't have to deal with that anymore." It's like they just walked away from their own customers and said "Well, it's not our problem anymore" even though we're still your customers... not Deep Silver's!

mindx2

Patron
Sorry man. Neither are we.
I almost forgot but Deep Silver is NOT going to have tracking? They're going to cheap-out on a few more cents and my $500 package won't have ANY tracking?!! Does that not worry you, or InXile, at all Brother None? This is really starting to feel/look bad. I just knew Deep Silver would try to cut as many corners as possible which makes me even more skeptical as the "quality" of the final product.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom