Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Merc (the game)

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
That's because I'm a fag, Roqua.
I'll pay for dinner though.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Of course he is, almost everyone is. Being a big homo is no excuse for being poor at insulting. And how could anyone that looks at another man's hairy, disgusting ass and want to hump it not be able to get past poor graphics? It just doesn't click. The worst graphics are better than man-ass.

RGE

Liturgist
I'll stick to "the more you show, the better it has to look" opinion. If the manly musclemen of the apocalypse are going to look like that, you might as well zoom out to make the battlefield larger. Like Wasteland. Or Civlization.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Roqua said:
Of course he is, almost everyone is. Being a big homo is no excuse for being poor at insulting. And how could anyone that looks at another man's hairy, disgusting ass and want to hump it not be able to get past poor graphics? It just doesn't click. The worst graphics are better than man-ass.

Tell that to the men in prison.

dagorkan

Arbiter
Could you please stop spamming for one day (or confine it to GD)? You're really pissing me off.

Haris

Novice
dagorkan said:
Is the Wasteland Merc mod for Fallout 2 any good?

http://wastelandmerc.8.forumer.com/view ... 70f719860e

Well, if you are in to mmorpgs than you might love it. If you are bitter fallout fanboy that hated everything after fallout 1 than you will hate wasteland merc 2 mod. Its not fallout. Its mmorpg simulation.

Recently some fanmade patches where made for it. wich improved gameplay by far. So as long as you are not expecting fallout sequal out of it, its worth a try.

Surgey

Scholar
Roqua said:

Man, what?

Haris

Novice
Screenshots update.
screenshot1kd7.png

screenshot3aa3.png

screenshot5ek1.png

screenshot6fy0.png

screenshot4zm2.png

Fez

Erudite
Haris, never let anyone convince you that you have any ability in PR or advertising.

John Yossarian

Magister
Is fighting all you're gonna be able to do? I see there's also mining,medicine and crafting skills, but these are all combat related.
I really wish someone came up with some mod for some RPG (even if you have to use a different engine) where there was no combat at all, just to see if better ideas come up in other areas. Then put in combat as an afterthought instead of the other way around.

Haris

Novice
John Yossarian said:
Is fighting all you're gonna be able to do? I see there's also mining,medicine and crafting skills, but these are all combat related.
I really wish someone came up with some mod for some RPG (even if you have to use a different engine) where there was no combat at all, just to see if better ideas come up in other areas. Then put in combat as an afterthought instead of the other way around.

No fighting is not all your going to do. There is plenty of quests that will raward you with improvments for your crafting abilities.

Like you for example npcs ask you if you can drive to his house and dissarm all traps that someone left in there and as reward he will give you a map to mines (this enables you to drive to mines). Once you get there and dissarm first trap another npc start walking towards you and asks you what you are doing, and explains that he is the one that planted the traps cause jackass living in there have been handing out maps to his personal private mines.

Yea basicly stuff like that i wont go in to every detail about quests.

Forgot this screen.
charet1.png

Haris

Novice
Kingston said:
Shouldn't this be in mmorpg discussion? Fits in there better.

Btw, I do like the simple design of the interface.

Its not mmorpg.

Haris

Novice
Kingston said:
I know. But it does play like one?

Wasteland merc 2 fallout 2 mod played like mmorpg sumulation thing. Even thoe the game has mmorpg typical features you will be able to ignore them and still beat the game. And mining/cooking and stuff like that will be automated to prevent tedious grind situations.

You will even be able to play the game with absolutly no leveling involved at all. If you dont pick any skill from start you get basic skill values in them and you cant raise them. You char has high stats than but no raisable skills. For example if you dont pick crafting from start than your char is only able to repair items. If you pick it to be Novice you lose one statpoint and you can level that skill in to an expert skill wich enables you to craft items.

Same with firearms skill. Basic skill gives you 50% chance to hit and allows you to use smaller weapons like guns.

RGE

Liturgist
Ve haff supar sledge? For what it's worth I think these images make the characters look like soulless husks. And the wasteland looks too virtual. I'd rather just run around in Fallout 2 and fight random encounters, despite the unbalanced riches that such behaviour yields. Or because of it? Hmmm.

I never tried the Wasteland Merc FO2 mod, but I guess that it may have actually been balanced for playing the random encounters? :?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom