Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

"Watched Topics" Feature?

MetalCraze

Arcane
When you have replied to like 10+ topics and want to keep the track of them - it will get messy. I think it will be good to have this feature (I didn't notice one here).
Like keeping the tracking list of the last 20 watched topics for example, sorted by date of the last reply in them.
This also will be useful if someone wasn't at forums for a week and he wants to look at the replies in the topic he took the part in. It can be that somebody replied after him and then due to a lack of replies the topic had disappeared from the frontpage top-list etc.
So when he will come back he just will open the list of watched topics and see what he wants there.
what do you think VD, is it possible?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
If you post a reply in the thread, using the "post reply" button to get the full reply view version box thing happening, you get "Notify me when a reply is posted" which you can tick and lo and behold, get spammed to buggery everytime someone replies.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Actually, you're notified when the first reply appears. You won't get new mail about the given thread until you visit it.

Still, there are exactly 15738 mails from Saint Proverbius on my Gmail account.

MetalCraze

Arcane
yes but I don't think that receiving a tons of spam can be called comfortable.

...anyway something like this

f499cda7219d.jpg

Chefe

Erudite
I usually just click my profile and "find all posts by this user"

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
skyway said:
yes but I don't think that receiving a tons of spam can be called comfortable.

...anyway something like this

http://i041.radikal.ru/0710/ee/f499cda7219d.jpg
Don't be silly. We're using phpBB and any feature you want has to be a mod. phpBB3 probably doesn't even have it. The advanced features you're after are really only found (by default and without a lot of pain installing mods) in every other forum software available. We use phpBB because we WANT you to beg for standard features. Only then do we get to deny you and laugh at your face and make you feel all sad and cry.

aboyd

Liturgist
But isn't this a feature of even the standard phpBB 2? Click the link, "The Codex Forums Forum Index" which appears near the upper left "Post Reply" button. OK? Now look on your right -- do you see the "View Your Posts" link? Click it. Anything listed that has an orange page icon by it has new posts. Click the orange page icon and you're taken to the first post you haven't seen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom