Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter We need more buttons

Semiurge

Cipher
That's unfair since 'Artistic' was botched and became blurrier than it needed to be.
We're talking about the spirit of the button here, i.e. how it represents the meaning it's meant to convey, not its technical execution.

IMO the
artistic.png
button is leagues better than the brush, it suggests many more uses and has a really well realized smugstache attitude.

But yeah if a button's visuals can be improved why not, it only depends on the benevolence of our overlords.

Agreed, the artistic poof is better. It just needs to be re-implemented, the original is still in this thread, waiting.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
The file "doritos.png" is a WEBP file with incorrect extension.
Yeah it complained so I cheated and renamed it rather than open and re-save.

EDIT: And now for some fucking unexplainable reason, a 23 x 28 pixel image is deciding to display as a 29 x 35 pixel image.

This is not as big as it gets shown as.
doritos.png
It fucking says it's a 23 x 28 pixel image but it's not. WTF

I have never had a bug like this. This is fucking weirdness. I create an image, 23 wide by 28 pixels high. I save it. I open it. I screenshot it and measure the dimensions. The dimensions end up adding another 5 pixels wide and high on average. This happens in Paint Shop Pro. It happens in fucking MS Paint. What is going on.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane

EDIT: And now for some fucking unexplainable reason, a 23 x 28 pixel image is deciding to display as a 29 x 35 pixel image.

doritos.png

I have never had a bug like this. This is fucking weirdness. I create an image, 23 wide by 28 pixels high. I save it. I open it. I screenshot it and measure the dimensions. The dimensions end up adding another 5 pixels wide and high on average. This happens in Paint Shop Pro. It happens in fucking MS Paint. What is going on.
Are you using old Firefox or some fork of it? It does show up bigger in my usual browser than in Brave (other icons do not).

Semiurge

Cipher

doritos.png

Firefox says it's 19 x 22. I'm using 1440p without scaling.

"It's a Trap!" button for pointing out trannies (I don't have the skills to make a button out of Admiral Akbar):

itsatrap.jpg

Also, I already posted this shit a while ago, but again, *I* need a GAS! button, the "Nuke it from orbit" and "Grab the minigun, there are demons here to smite" aren't enough:

1qopyd.jpg

Last edited:

Semiurge

Cipher
"It's a Trap!" button for pointing out trannies (I don't have the skills to make a button out of Admiral Akbar):

itsatrap.jpg

Also, I already posted this shit a while ago, but again, *I* need a GAS! button, the "Nuke it from orbit" and "Grab the minigun, there are demons here to smite" aren't enough:

1qopyd.jpg

1H6RQQt.png
It's a trap! x 1

Last edited:
That's how button list will look like in a couple of years

businessman-reading-long-paper-list-picture-id1142613396

Hopefully... That's one of the main draws of this website.

We need to take a page from reality shows and have button elimination voting (using buttons of course)!

Two buttons enter, one button leaves.

I propose the first matchup: :creative: vs
artistic.png

No, no, fuck no... This site needs unlimited buttons... The dumber, the better.

itsatrap.jpg

1qopyd.jpg

1H6RQQt.png
It's a trap! x 1

Jason Liang

Where is the mod who will add this awesome new button?

EDIT: Also, Semiurge, what did you use to create this button?

A DIY tutorial on how to create buttons and who to contact to add them would be a great help if edited into the original post of this thread.

Last edited:

Semiurge

Cipher

I didn't, just googled it and resized it with imgur. I don't want to subscribe to Adobe and Gimp's shit.

I figured as much...

Doesn't seem that complicated.

I messed around with Gimp a long time ago.

Kinda confusing, lol.

The only reason the Gimp developers won't make it excactly like Photoshop is that they're afraid of the C&D shitstorm that would follow. As for whether there are alternative "PhotoStore" builds of it, I know not.

I didn't, just googled it and resized it with imgur. I don't want to subscribe to Adobe and Gimp's shit.

I figured as much...

Doesn't seem that complicated.

I messed around with Gimp a long time ago.

Kinda confusing, lol.

The only reason the Gimp developers won't make it excactly like Photoshop is that they're afraid of the C&D shitstorm that would follow. As for whether there are alternative "PhotoStore" builds of it, I know not.

Who is the mod who integrates buttons?

I need to tag their ass...

Gimp is bogus, I agree.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom