Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter We need more buttons

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Have you tried turning it off and on again? Though seriously it looks like the rating script is not working in your browser, so the link defaults back to that brofist rating page. Try in a different browser maybe or clear your cache. Something like uBlock is the main suspect though.

Tarkleigh

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Everytime I read the "Entertainment is Dead" thread, I wish for a "Cunt" button. While "Begone Thot" is a decent substitute, not all cunts are hoes which limits the application of it. And I think it would also be useful for the forum as a whole e.g. to inform other users that they currently engage in cunty behaviour.

I have four ideas for the look:
  1. A portrait of German philosopher Immanuel Kant (because his name pronounced in German sounds the same as the English word "cunt")
  2. A stylised form of the letter "C"
  3. A taco as its shape is generally considered to be similar to that of a vagina / cunt
  4. A portrait of a person generally accepted to be a cunt
I personally prefer option one but all would be acceptable. Oracscube thoughts?

Last edited:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Everytime I read the "Entertainment is Dead" thread, I wish for a "Cunt" button. While "Begone Thot" is a decent substitute, not all cunts are hoes which limits the application of it. And I think it would also be useful for the forum as a whole e.g. to inform other users that they currently engage in cunty behaviour.

1. A portrait of German philosopher Immanuel Kant (because his name pronounced in German sounds the same as the English word "cunt")
  3. A taco as its shape is generally considered to be similar to that of a vagina / cunt
Roast beef

Oracscube

Formerly known as Oracsbox
Patron

I must admit Tarkleigh brah I have been thinking the same thing, although I only occasionally use the word myself.

My thoughts on the suggestions..

1. Seeing lots of little Immanuel Kants everywhere would certainly send a powerful message the Codex was a deeply philosophical and cultured platform.
2. Not sure a C is cunty enough
3. I believe this could be seen as racist and I wouldn't want to be associated with that.

4. Until just recently I would have said Pete Hines, but with his recent demise he will soon be forgotten.

Now our supreme overlords DarkUnderlord suggestion of roast beef or beef curtains has considerable merit.

For those unaware
Beef curtains is vulgar slang for the vulva.
It’s typically used for vaginal lips that are … particularly pronounced.

For instance the writer, Lottie Lomas (whoever she is), humorously described her post-childbirth vagina as beef curtains

“My labia or ‘beef curtains’ (as one boyfriend fondly called them..how many boyfriends have you had you slut?) drooped so far between my legs that they could have really done with their own bra to hold them in.”
ezgif-4-5108bff736.gif

However the button design (if it was implemented) would be horrific..unless of course someone could do an artistic, lovable interpretation.

Semiurge

Cipher

vag.png
1x Cunt

No need to thank me.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

I must admit Tarkleigh brah I have been thinking the same thing, although I only occasionally use the word myself.

My thoughts on the suggestions..

1. Seeing lots of little Immanuel Kants everywhere would certainly send a powerful message the Codex was a deeply philosophical and cultured platform.
2. Not sure a C is cunty enough
3. I believe this could be seen as racist and I wouldn't want to be associated with that.

4. Until just recently I would have said Pete Hines, but with his recent demise he will soon be forgotten.

Now our supreme overlords DarkUnderlord suggestion of roast beef or beef curtains has considerable merit.

For those unaware
Beef curtains is vulgar slang for the vulva.
It’s typically used for vaginal lips that are … particularly pronounced.

For instance the writer, Lottie Lomas (whoever she is), humorously described her post-childbirth vagina as beef curtains

“My labia or ‘beef curtains’ (as one boyfriend fondly called them..how many boyfriends have you had you slut?) drooped so far between my legs that they could have really done with their own bra to hold them in.”
View attachment 42489

However the button design (if it was implemented) would be horrific..unless of course someone could do an artistic, lovable interpretation.

I'm rather partial to some tiny variation of this picture with the description of "CUNT!":

22937620-cartoon-fish-taco.jpg

Tarkleigh

Learned
Patron
(...)
A portrait of German philosopher Immanuel Kant (because his name pronounced in German sounds the same as the English word "cunt")
(...)
How big should a button be? I resized this portrait and converted it to png: View attachment 42505
Looks quite classy, but I'm sure someone with actual graphic design skills can do a better job.
I quite like this idea. I was originally thinking of this portrait but this one looks very classy, indeed. It might need some minor changes so the face looks clearer but I am hoping one of the other members can help with this. And it would definitely help to have clear specifications for the button (size, format etc.), maybe one of the admis could provide these.

Also, thanks to the others for their ideas. I think options 1 and 3 are the most promising right now. While I like the roast beef idea, I agree with Oracscube that the visual design of such a button would be horrifying. The fish taco from mediocrepoet is also good, even though it does not really look like a vagina. I tried to find some comic tacos that are correctly positioned to look suggestive but that turns out harder than I thought. Seems like most people avoid that for some reason :-D

What do you guys think about the button text? Obviously, the simplest solution would be "Cunt" or "Cunt!" but if we go with the philosopher I could also imagine using "Kant" instead for some extra sophistication.

Oracscube

Patron
(...)
A portrait of German philosopher Immanuel Kant (because his name pronounced in German sounds the same as the English word "cunt")
(...)
How big should a button be? I resized this portrait and converted it to png: View attachment 42505
Looks quite classy, but I'm sure someone with actual graphic design skills can do a better job.

I used ai art to generate a simplified image of Kant

23172623z4IJGv5S.png

22x22 background removed

23172252FBW1mQ2.png

...and then I thought of this this cunt

4KxBVXMhn3do.png

23174114l6VX9ZI7.png

love_kindlephoto-4432865.png

2317512259Yv6ck8 (1).png

2317512259Yv6ck8.png

Tarkleigh

Learned
Patron
(...)
(...)

I used ai art to generate a simplified image of Kant

View attachment 42515

22x22 background removed

View attachment 42514

...and then I thought of this this cunt

View attachment 42518

View attachment 42516
(...)

Thanks, looks great. And Clinton is a great option for a person generally considered a cunt. I would prefer Kant but we can keep her as a fall-back.

As you probably will be rated quite often with this button, what is your opinion on the text? Kant! if we go with the philosopher or is this too confusing? With or without exclamation point?

Oracscube

Patron

Thanks, looks great. And Clinton is a great option for a person generally considered a cunt. I would prefer Kant but we can keep her as a fall-back.

As you probably will be rated quite often with this button, what is your opinion on the text? Kant! if we go with the philosopher or is this too confusing? With or without exclamation point?

If (and it's probably a big IF) the button was instituted I prefer the little philosopher Kant
The text one was just a concept, it needs experimentation with different fonts and backgrounds.

Tarkleigh

Learned
Patron
Inspired by Oracscube I made two more iterations of the Kant button:
View attachment 42563 no background, 22x22
View attachment 42564 original design but with back ground removed
23172252fbw1mq2-png.42514
simplified version by Oracscube added for comparison.
I think the first version is best. What do you guys think? Caption should be "Kant!".
Great work, thanks. I like both your new iteration and the one from Oracscube. Both would be fine as an option. With this work done, I think all that is left is formally requesting the button.

DarkUnderlord I beseech you, please take either
kantbutton-22x22-png.42563
or
and bless us with a Kant! button

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Inspired by Oracscube I made two more iterations of the Kant button:
View attachment 42563 no background, 22x22
View attachment 42564 original design but with back ground removed
simplified version by Oracscube added for comparison.
I think the first version is best. What do you guys think? Caption should be "Kant!".
Great work, thanks. I like both your new iteration and the one from Oracscube. Both would be fine as an option. With this work done, I think all that is left is formally requesting the button.

DarkUnderlord I beseech you, please take either
kantbutton-22x22-png.42563
or
and bless us with a Kant! button
This is German humor

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom