Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter We need more buttons

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Did I miss something about Chris Avellone, is he ridiculous beyond description like Sawyer is "balanced"?

It's just what I inferred from the quote and the context in which I've seen it used.
Interesting. So basically another "honk honk" button for different context

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Or I'm completely wrong.
Buttons are a form of expression, they can mean different things to different people

I like the
rating_agenda.png
acknowledge user's agenda button, it's so vague it's great. My favorite interpretation of it: "I hear what you're saying, but I don't agree". I sometimes use it that way, but most times I use it as a "yeah right, I don't believe you". I don't think there is one correct meaning tbh, but that's part of the fun

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
"acknowledge user's agenda button" - i give it to shills who want to insert themselves into a discussion presenting themselves as objective interlocutor.
It's like "Come on guys, you are ridiculous [Puts three pages why you should like what he wants you to like]"

Semiurge

Cipher
The okily dokily button is for humoring boomer posts. DU fucked up. It was supposed to be named Okily dokily, boomerino!
It's always interesting to hear how people interpret buttons

What does this button mean to you guys?
rating_mca.gif
called "when words are not enough".

It's for rating good music, or when someone posts particularly flowery (or blunt) prose.

Last edited:
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I just use the parrot for parrot posts and when I could go either way (better question is why do we only have two variations).

Yeah, indecisivness is p. decent interpretation of the parrot button, I also tend to see it as "I could go either way" type of thing. Some people seem to use it to indicate that a person is "parroting" some talking points though, so I guess it could also overlap with the NPC button depending on the context.

MerchantKing

Learned
I just use the parrot for parrot posts and when I could go either way (better question is why do we only have two variations).

Yeah, indecisivness is p. decent interpretation of the parrot button, I also tend to see it as "I could go either way" type of thing. Some people seem to use it to indicate that a person is "parroting" some talking points though, so I guess it could also overlap with the NPC button depending on the context.
Please do not teach your parrots to say antisemitic insults. That would be very bad.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
i still don't get this one :M and this +M ( also why do we have two variations of the parrot?)
Zed Duke of Banville
:M = emphasis, indeed, interesting, hmm..., worth considering, pirates, Norway, tongue-in-cheek, mischievous

9Vw0hwR.jpg

NG​
incline.png
LG
rating_prestigious.png
_________ :MCG​

LN
rating_prosper.png
_____
rating_brofist.png
______
cat.gif
CN
LE
rating_racist.png
________
rating_shittydog.gif
CE​
decline.png
NE​

The parrot is a creature both majestic and versatile.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
The okily dokily button is for humoring boomer posts. DU fucked up. It was supposed to be named Okily dokily, boomerino!
It's always interesting to hear how people interpret buttons

What does this button mean to you guys?
rating_mca.gif
called "when words are not enough".
rating_mca.gif
- so true, man, so true
rating_sawyer.gif
- nice one, man
math_count.png
- nailed it

I don't really care about their descriptions and go with facial expression

MerchantKing

Learned

Semiurge

Cipher
I'm using
rating_negativeman.png
to indicate that I dropped my glasses and that I'm searching for them, hence I couldn't read your post.
I'm using
cool_story_bro.png
as an indicator that I've got something in my left eye and I'm pointing to it and shouting for your help to splash some water in it. It hurts!

No it's for when you've plucked out your eye and you're about to eat it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom