Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

We update you. Is nice!

Jora

Arcane
Getting to the press blurbs requires much scrolling. On the other hand I like the layout of the new screens. :?

Monolith

Prophet
Well done. Now just fire off a "press release" to Gamebanshee. There are at least 19 people interested in it.

Pegultagol

Erudite
Are the reviews laid out in chronological order in that the most recently updated preview or article is at the top?

Anyway, it is nice, I am looking forward to the game even more. It is a good idea to organize the news items in one place as well as links to Jedi Learner's excellent FAQ.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Pegultagol said:
Are the reviews laid out in chronological order in that the most recently updated preview or article is at the top?
I think so, but I'm too lazy to double-check.

pkt-zer0

Scholar
Jora said:
Getting to the press blurbs requires much scrolling. On the other hand I like the layout of the new screens. :?
How about having two columns of images and putting the text below them, something like this? In some cases it looks less than excellent, unfortunately.

MetalCraze

Arcane
PC Gamer UK said:
Fortunately for anyone who's determined that RPGs must not progress into first-person 3D, there are still games like Age of Decadence

this is the lamest thing from PC Gamer in all the recent time (isn't it their article about Fallout 3/Bioshock or something?). Sounded more like: "Look at those guys. They are living in the stone age and declining progress".

obediah

Erudite
skyway said:
PC Gamer UK said:
Fortunately for anyone who's determined that RPGs must not progress into first-person 3D, there are still games like Age of Decadence

this is the lamest thing from PC Gamer in all the recent time (isn't it their article about Fallout 3/Bioshock or something?). Sounded more like: "Look at those guys. They are living in the stone age and declining progress".

Now if only someone would cater to us visionary gamers that sick of waiting for the far superior 9th person 5D.

For single-character games, I think I do prefer first-person 3D for the additional immersion, as the tactical benefits of the isometric view are mostly squandered in a single character game. I don't want to discourage anyone from making an isometric game because the variety is nice.

Blue

Novice
It would be nice to see the map that you posted there. I looked through the map thread that it links to and I can't see that map anywhere. I know it went through some updates, but don't tease us with a thumb, at least let us see the full thing.

cardtrick

Arbiter
I like the idea, and I like the layout. The captions are great. I think this is an excellent idea.

I have one issue: I think that for the screenshots, you should link directly to the post that includes that shot, rather than to the thread as a whole. It's a little disconcerting to click a thumbnail and then be at the beginning of a several page long thread, not knowing where in that thread you might find the full image.

So the link for the castle screenshot, for example, should be http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=20226#410766 rather than http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=20226.

If they like the OMG PICTURE! then they can always scroll up to the beginning of the thread if they want to read the whole thing.

bluecuracao

Novice
well, it was about time to update that damn site. one suggestion though: rename "Update" into "Updates" or even better "News" and post something there at least once every month. With a nice little date in front of the news item. Constant progress and all this shit. Will make people want to bookmark the site, because something is actually happening there and it's no longer "read the whole thing once and forget about it, you've seen all there is...".

cardtrick

Arbiter
bluecuracao said:
well, it was about time to update that damn site. one suggestion though: rename "Update" into "Updates" or even better "News" and post something there at least once every month. With a nice little date in front of the news item. Constant progress and all this shit. Will make people want to bookmark the site, because something is actually happening there and it's no longer "read the whole thing once and forget about it, you've seen all there is..."

I agree completely. Especially about including a date next to each item, and about renaming to "News" . . .

almondblight

Arcane
Yeah, maybe stop with the Fallout 3 updates on the codex and update your site in a similar manner. Honestly, more people here will enjoy the AoD updates (copy and paste them to the Codex...OMG CONFLICT OF INTERAST!).

Morbus

Scholar
Jedi_Learner said:
No link to the unofficial FAQ that I spent many lonely nights on? Bastard. :cry:
...that is turning out to be more complicated to reformulate than I thought *gasp* Seriously Jedi_Learner, you have some hell of a work in there...

Mech

Cipher
I wish this god damn game would come out already.

EDIT: Just watched the combat video... some of the combat needs a speed boost IMO.

For instance the one guy with the dagger in the green reminds me of some fat man trying to reach the remote with a long stick and poking at it.

He just moves SO SLOW for someone stabbing someone with a dagger, looks silly really.

Special_Can

Scholar
Mech said:

EDIT: Just watched the combat video... some of the combat needs a speed boost IMO.

For instance the one guy with the dagger in the green reminds me of some fat man trying to reach the remote with a long stick and poking at it.

He just moves SO SLOW for someone stabbing someone with a dagger, looks silly really.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=19698

Mech

Cipher
Special_Can said:
Mech said:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=19698

Why thank you good sir.

Sarvis

Erudite
Iron Tower Studios said:
While some elitists may pretend that RPGs are about adjusting your stats, we at Iron Tower know better. RPGs are all about loot management. You collect loot, unload it in some store, and buy more loot. Simple as that and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Jed will be thrilled! Finally a chance to roleplay!

/duck

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom