Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wesp's patch 7.7 beta is out.

sah

Liturgist
I understand Wesp. Usually after I have invested a substantial amountt of time into something, I spend even more time perfecting and polishing what I already have. It's like a relationship really.

I.C. Wiener

Educated
Though I do appreciate the patch/mod, I am perturbed by Wesp's determination to reimplement every piece of unused content even if it's unfinished or completely worthless. The stupid looking guard at Empire Arms, the rookie cop with some hideous neck segmentation on the Elizabeth Dane, the shitty new piece of music at Santa Monica's beach etc. No matter how ill-fitting he'll find some way to cram it into the game.

Overall the content restoration (and to a lesser extent, balance changes) in the plus patch improve the game, but I do think he's wasting his time with high-level bugfixes when what the game really needs is to be ported to a more recent version of the source engine.

sah said:
I understand Wesp. Usually after I have invested a substantial amountt of time into something, I spend even more time perfecting and polishing what I already have. It's like a relationship really.

Yes, but eventualy your neverending caresses end up hurting your wife because you already polished the skin off her. She's still an enjoyable company, even though she'll having an emotional breakdown from the stress. The only reason your friends don't comment on her exposed muscle when they come to visit is because they're afraid you'll take her away.

But anyway SCO,any idea of what he's planning for 80.0 8.0? I'm not anxiously waiting for it since I know any big changes at this point will be followed by a thousand little fixes, but I'm curious.

Phelot

Arcane
Do these patches contain everything or do I need to install them in increments?

I can't even recall which one I have.

Tolknaz

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Among the creepy VTMB modders Wesp actually seems one of the least batshit insane guys. At least he doesn't seem to have these kind of delusions of grandeur (Taken from the introduction to The Final Nights, a mod for Bloodlines):

One of the first things you may notice in the title is that the "B" is missing from VTMB, this is not an accident. The Final Nights is an expansion to an otherwise flawless video game built upon the success of the Camarilla Edition series of mods. The "B" has been removed because this expansion can no longer bare the name Bloodlines as it is so far removed from the original game as to warrant the name change. The idea behind this expansion is, and always will be the notion of a completely new experience unlike we've seen so far. With 7 completely brand new clans, 5 new disciplines, extra quests, new NPCs, new game mechanics and new music, the features seem endless. All of this is being built upon the Camarilla Edition series incorporating such things as the blood timer system, pedestrian blood dolls, and the new combat system. Combined we feel the name Bloodlines must be removed from this game, and thus we now simply have "The Final Nights".

Marvelous, isn't it?

The rivalry between the nosferatu and the toreador are in part because of this. The nos sparkle continuously, the toreador don’t do at night, but sparkle the most, but only at sunlight. The Toreador are disgusted by the fact that the nosferatu hideousness ruins the sparkles and worst of all, the sparkles are ruined 24/7, and some of the nosferatu would like to sparkle as strongly as the tories do.

Rosa will give you helpful advice on how to get the game since it is not sold anymore.

Knox is very knowledgeable about the vampirism lore and to reflect this, the vampire drawing he has on his jacket now has sparkles around it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

In an alternate universe, most modders are like this, and there are one or two prima donnas that everybody hates. Our universe sucks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom