Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What are the KKKodex picks for 2011?

Project: Eternity
Mass Effect 3 is a given since I've been playing the hell out of ME2 and just want some closure on the story no matter how retarded (and there's no retarded like Bioware-retarded :D ).

Also looking forward to Deus Ex: Piss-stained Revolution.

I'm a bit wary of Dragon Age 2: Shepard goes Medieval since what I've seen so far looks pretty terrible, but then I tend to enjoy Bioware games despite everything so I won't claim I won't buy it already.

KalosKagathos

Learned
Catherine
KoF XIII
MvC 3
Disgaea 4
Mass Effect 3
Deus Ex 3

I will be following Dungeon Siege 3, but I'm still unsure if the game will be good, bad or mediocre. Will probably grab the inevitable New Vegas GotY edition, but only if I see it for cheap.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Catherine demo should be coming out within a month or two. Not too excited after I saw the shitty gameplay video, but at least there will be a demo to try out.

Phelot

Arcane
If Crusader Kings 2 is coming out then that.

Dungeon Siege 3... I guess. I've heard some interesting things about open world and such.

My God... I guess that's it.

Heresiarch

Prophet
Twitcher 2. The 1st one was the only one "new" RPG I managed to like and finished (even twice) in the recent years.
Dead Space 2. Really liked the first one, so yeah.
Batman: Arkham City. Really liked the first one, so yeah.
Bulletstorm. It's made by People Can Fly. Probably one of the first "proper" FPS in a long while.
Tactics Ogre US/EU version for PSP. I've NEVER seriously played it before because I could never get a "best" emulation. This time I won't miss it.
Skyrim? Probably. I loved Daggerfall, liked Morrwind, and *gasp* used to be addicted to Oblivion. Even finished it! Maybe Skyrim will bring back the Morrowind feeling? Maybe even Daggerfall gaming experience? Maybe?

====

DA2? Nah. I dropped the first one just before going down the dwarven tunnels.
ME3? Nah. Dropped ME2 during I forgot where.
D3us 3x? Dunno. Loved 1. Bah'd 2.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Darth Roxor said:

HOLY SHIT, you're alive!
Yeah, just when I said how sad I was he was gone because I was going to try another ironman of IWD2. And then just 2 minutes after I FAILED it :x

JrK

Prophet
Looking forward to:
Diablo3
Age of Decadence

Might be interesting:
Grim Dawn
Bulletstorm
Crysis2
Rage
DragonAge2
Duke Nukem Forever
Brink
DESU ex: HR
Portal2
Dungeon Siege 3

So many of these are console ports. Meh. I bet only 1-2 of these will be good.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
genuinely interested:

Desu Ex: H R
E.Y.E.
Bitcher 2
King Arthur 2 (need to play first part first)
Stasis
Ass Effect 3
Grim Dawn

might give it a try:

DA 2, TES 5, Rage, Dungeon Siege 3

other games I am looking forward to which will not make it to 2011:

Age of Decadence, Dead State, Thiaf 4 (if Desu Ex is good enough)

I would love to try L.A. Noire, but only if somebody present me PS3 for free.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Trash said:
With 2010 already a fading memory we can look forward to the fruits of 2011. What games are on the wanted list of the KKKodex? What are you suger addled ADD basement dwellers eagerly waiting for to break the monotomy of your sad decrepit lives? Discuss!

Planetside Next is sheduled for a March/April release. Then there's the Witcher II. Everything else I'm interested in hasn't been given a tangible release date yet, so might very well hit 2012 or even '13.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom