Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What character you make when you replay RPGs?

What character you make when you replay RPGs?

• Total voters

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Depends on the game, but generally I tend to try the opposite build to what I first tried.

If I make a straight male knight who goes around shagging all the bitches, then next playthrough I'll make a gay female sorceress who goes around letting the bitches do her.
:lol:
What games are you playing? Still to see a lesbian bitch getting some pussy in CRPGs.

You should try A Dance with Rogues and Gladiatrix mods for Neverwinter Nights, then. They allow you to swim in a sea of pussies (or dicks, if such is your preference), while roleplaying a gal. Plus, they're fun campaigns in their own right. Surely better than most of the shit that comes out today.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I try to play a different character, but often parts of my real life personalities always seep in into the characters I made even if I tried to do something different. Example, I just can't bring myself to kill the NSF goons in Deus Ex, although how I treat the actual bad guys will be different, depending on my playthrough.

PorkBarrellGuy

I try to play a different character, but often parts of my real life personalities always seep in into the characters I made even if I tried to do something different. Example, I just can't bring myself to kill the NSF goons in Deus Ex, although how I treat the actual bad guys will be different, depending on my playthrough.

On my VERY first run I was killing NSF left and right. I stopped on every subsequent run.

I don't think I've ever NOT killed Majestic-12 or Triads or whatever (Triads are fucking scum anyway). The thing that changed my playstyle in Deus Ex the most was discovering that Low-Tech was stupidly good.

Jacob

Patron

On my VERY first run I was killing NSF left and right. I stopped on every subsequent run.

I don't think I've ever NOT killed Majestic-12 or Triads or whatever (Triads are fucking scum anyway). The thing that changed my playstyle in Deus Ex the most was discovering that Low-Tech was stupidly good.
First time I played Deus Ex the "pacifist run" thing had become something people associate with DX so I went with it and try to avoid killing anyone until I break at around the submarine level.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

First time I played Deus Ex the "pacifist run" thing had become something people associate with DX so I went with it and try to avoid killing anyone until I break at around the submarine level.
I kill most people in Deus Ex. Except cyborgs,if you knock them out they don't blow up.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Recently i read something about Arcanum and make think about it. I found it interesting that i never even used a single spell in that game or played a retarded 6 int,and that i always ended up with the same character in all my playtroughs. I do enjoy roleplaying the same character in all games and never try to play something like wizard or warrior in CRPGs. It got me curious about how other codexers are doing it. So here it is,lets discuss what characters you build on replay and why.
Arcanum players seemed to be especially autistic I only use harm in real time types. Barely anyone seems to stray from Magic, melee, and firearms; Drog is the only one I talked to who tried out backstabbing and throwing. Archery was every bit as overpowered especially when you threw in the masteries.
I go for melee with support skills like persuasion and thieving.

Jacob

Patron

I kill most people in Deus Ex. Except cyborgs,if you knock them out they don't blow up.
Once you know that cyborgs blow up if you kill them, it's easier to take care of them. SUPER AWESOME LASER SWORD to the qipao thot and she's a goner.

Big Wrangle

Most of the time I just try to make a character that's the complete opposite of the previous one.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Once you know that cyborgs blow up if you kill them, it's easier to take care of them. SUPER AWESOME LASER SWORD to the qipao thot and she's a goner.
Pistol with max upgrades is golden :).

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I usually try whatever new things a game throws at me, as long as it's at least balanced.

Just started Dark Sun Shattered Lands
Tri-Kreen Warrior/Druid + Half Giant gladiator +Elf (or half-elf) Psionicist + Human mage/thief
I rarely (almost never, really) multiclass so everything is new for me here although tri-kreen are a "faction" in KotC.

In some games, i almost always play the same thing, because it's too good/fun like in Fallout, crit based sharp shooter, what else ? (with energy weapons too for the mid to end game)
Of course, i tried a CC character back in the days but it's not very good until you hit high level perks.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
In party based games I always try to have all races and classes included, and make the most efficient team with those restrictions. Things like having a party of four sorcerors in MM6 because they are most powerful does really not appeal to me (a solo run would be more interesting).
Exceptions are some of the Gold Box games because of the level caps on demi-humans.

Black Angel

Arcane
Arcanum players seemed to be especially autistic I only use harm in real time types. Barely anyone seems to stray from Magic, melee, and firearms; Drog is the only one I talked to who tried out backstabbing and throwing. Archery was every bit as overpowered especially when you threw in the masteries.
My very first playthrough, I played a character who specialized in prowling and backstabbing. Very lucky choice in my part, because thanks to that, I didn't frustrate myself as much when facing those fucking golems, which is what I'm troubled with in current playthrough right now :argh:

Incendax

Augur
Usually some kind of benevolent Paladin on my first playthrough.
I don't have the heart to be an evil bastard the first time around.
The second time? As absolutely evil as I can be.

Lurker47

Savant
First character I make is usually a well-rounded light "gun" (or whatever the equivalent is) and the second is usually a barbarian retard.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Depends on the game really. Most of the time i love trying new character builds. But this only in games that makes sense.

For example i have made at least 200 characters in Skyrim. I only completed the game once in my life. I enjoy just making new archetypes, even bizzaro builds, getting them around lvl 25-30 which is fast to do in Skyrim if you know the ropes (especially pickpocket+trainers), then beginning a new character archetype. Then after getting 100 chars in Vanilla, installing Ordinator and doing it again...

I could do this for decades. Skyrim is a masterpiece.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom