Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline What mods do you recommend that are better than the core game?

Inconceivable

Learned
"Long War" mod for XCOM
Give Long War Rebalance a try.

No kidding, Jesus fuck. I've started playing Long War and I've had to modify INI files to make it somewhat playable. I like all the new features, but the mod is brutal beyond reason. Even on normal difficulty and save scumming every single turn, completing some of the missions is practically impossible with default settings. Also the long repair times of interceptors are totally unreasonable. I decided to tone some select areas down myself and got it into a state were it's still hard, but not insanely, frustratingly, I'm-wasting-my-life kind of hard.

Blutwurstritter

Learned
Thief 3 Gold is a must have mod. It removes many of the loading screens and merges maps that were separated in the original by ugly blue fog transitions. The convenience package is the "Sneaky Upgrade" that comes with Thief Gold, the Minimalist project, Texture packs and a configuration tool. All in all a massive improvement of the original release and brings it much closer to the brilliant predecessors.

Yaksha

Novice
A human bean 1 and 2.
It's a mod inspired by the movie drive for hotline Miami 2. What Starts as a humorous parody about a worker at a bean company, later evolves into a serious story which was better than the second game.
Some of the maps are sadistic though.

Bastard of kosigan , a dance with the rogues for nwn are pretty good as well.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Caveman 2 Cosmos for Civ4.

I can't play vanilla anymore, it's way too simple and the ages progress too quickly.

In C2C it takes 20 hours to reach the industrial age.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom