Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What the royal FUCK are they doing with Diablo III?

Castanova said:
The hell? The original is a generic woman with a black dress on. The concept art actually defines her as a character. Not sure what the problem is.
But she CHANGED her CLOTHES! How DARE she?! She has a FACE now!!! AND A STAFF!!!!!
BLIZZARD IS SOCIALIZING DIABLO! I WANT MY DIABLO BACK!
:decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline: :decline:

roll-a-die

Magister
My ubiquity translate gives me "You mean the Chinese fairy tale?" I'm thinking that's a machine error. Because I don't get it.

Also is that Polish? That's gotta be rough on the throat.

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
roll-a-die said:
Lee is a Chinese name, as is Jun. So its not Japanese nor is it animu. They were developing games before you were alive as well most likely. Remember the childhood arcade classics like donkey kong/mario, castlevania, ghosts and goblins, tekken, metroid, pac-man and space invaders.

Not only that, but Lee is also a white American name. You know, like Robert E. Lee? Or perhaps Richard Henry Lee?

Yeah drawing any conclusions from that name is an exercise in retardidity.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
If you think that piece of concept art is an improvement on Diablo 1, kill yourself. Immediately. What defined Adria as a character in the original game was her voice acting, and that sure didn't sound like some gypsy princess with her nipples showing through her shirt. More like a wizened old hag.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
roll-a-die said:
My ubiquity translate gives me "You mean the Chinese fairy tale?" I'm thinking that's a machine error. Because I don't get it.

Also is that Polish? That's gotta be rough on the throat.
Actually you and your machine aren't far off.

It's - "You mean those Chinese fairy tales?" and yes, it's Polish.

1eyedking

Erudite
Accepting blandness and gratuitous (bad) nipple exposure is the new cool.

I just realized the Codex is dead. Carry on playing Dragon Age, comrades.

hiver

She looks old and her sagging small teat only confirms that. She even looks sad a little, wearing clothes she maybe filled better in her youth.

Tails

Arbiter
1eyedking said:
Rather no one gives a fuck about this artwork.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
diablo_rogue.png

Silellak

Cipher
1eyedking said:

I just realized the Codex is dead. Carry on playing Dragon Age, comrades.
I agree, the first picture was pretty bland. I mean, black dress, pale skin? Yawn.

Pretty hilarious comparing a non-detailed sprite from a 13-year old game with the concept art for its sequel, then whining that the Codex is dead because people laugh at you for getting all Nerd Ragey about it.

Carry on making animated gifs to illustrate why you hate Dragon Age, comrade.

Zomg

Arbiter
They sure give the art guys a lot of latitude. If a designer put in a game mechanic that was as equivalently anti-pandering as the visual of a saggy-tit middle aged witch he'd be made to eat shit and beg.

hiver

1eyedking said:
hiver said:
She looks old and her sagging small teat only confirms that. She even looks sad a little, wearing clothes she maybe filled better in her youth.

Indeed.
I meant that as a compliment.

Turok

Erudite
1eyedking said:
Explain to me how Adria went from this...
Adria_the_Witch.jpg

...to this:
429px-Adria.jpg

What the royal, flying FUCK is Leonard Boyarsky doing with this game's art direction?

I like it, looks nice and cool.

Zyrxil

Scholar
This is the stupidest thread in the RPG section this month. You want to know how it happened? When you go from a sprite using 1000 pixels total to a full 3d model, you actually have to fill in details. And since the concept art doesn't look a bit like anime, and doesn't feature a bunch of tribal tattoos or big boobs in a tribal bikini, I think it's a reasonable interpretation.

1eyedking

Erudite
OK, fuck the whole Boyarsky deal, I really don't care: they're still FUBARing Diablo.

Time for the lesson, kids.

These here are colonial witches:
witchcraft.jpg

specter-of-salem-gretchen-adams.jpg

Notice the lack of colors other than black & white in their plain outfits.

Even though Adria is 4-pixels high™, you can tell designers made her a witch in the traditional protestant sense:

screen00.jpg

PROTIP: That white collar going down to her chest are not her breasts.

On the other hand...:

429px-Adria.jpg

Looks like a female mage that could just have come out of any other generic RPG out there.

ecliptic

Liturgist
*yawn*

This place is getting dull.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom