Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Where are those mods for Mount&Blade that...

racofer

Thread Incliner
Made it look like a glimpse of heavanz? You know, those photo realistic looks outdoors and stuff. Anybody got some links?

I think the same guy made some incredible looking houses/taverns.

When I say incredible, I mean it.

mountblade2010022102015hw6.jpg

mountblade2010041400072kk3.jpg

Phelot

Arcane
Holy fuck this guy needs to be hired by somebody so they can tell Speed Tree to go fuck off.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Wow.

I'm actually impressed with that. It takes obvious artistic talent and especially patience to do something like that (as well as the know-how of the programs necessary). And it is an impressive feat to get anything close to that good out there.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Looks amazing, but I wonder if it's as good in motion? Good landscapes should feel organic as you move through it, rather than make you feel like you're travelling through a static, albeit beautiful, panorama.

Saxon1974

Prophet
I heard that there is no collision so your troops will walk right through trees...but I have not installed Polished Landscapes because it adds snow in weird areas like Africa.

Also, lots of people having trouble installing Polished Buildings including me. I would love to play it but I install it and I get random items that dont get textures and no one seems to know how to fix it (And there are other people that get the same thing).

But yea they sure look great

Stabwound

Arcane
How is this guy not working for a professional game company? You could fool people into believing some of those landscape screenshots were real life photographs. This is seriously amazing.

Phelot

Arcane
Saxon1974 said:
I heard that there is no collision so your troops will walk right through trees...but I have not installed Polished Landscapes because it adds snow in weird areas like Africa.

Also, lots of people having trouble installing Polished Buildings including me. I would love to play it but I install it and I get random items that dont get textures and no one seems to know how to fix it (And there are other people that get the same thing).

But yea they sure look great

Yeah Polished Buildings seems to be missing some textures or something. Mostly the sheds and wooden additions that some buildings can get. It also only covers the city buildings and some castles. The author claimed that he got sick of doing it so I guess for now it's abandoned with no new updates.

The Landscapes is really impressive, but there is no collision for the trees as you mention. I suppose it's not too bad especially since trees are more tightly packed now so it would probably be more of a pain. I wonder, is there any other versions for it? I just have the beta but from what I can tell the author is busy or abandoned it?

Gotta mention: I wish developers would focus more on their textures and art. Not everything has to be ultra bright and green. Trees don't have to look like cartoons and their games don't have to tax the hell out of gamers computers to be considered "good looking" This is just a beta and yet it looks 100 times better then most newer games I've seen.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Why hasn't Taleworlds hired this guy yet? They could have Mount&Blade look better than 97% of the games on the market and make all the reviewer who criticized M&B for poor graphics shut up.

Phelot

Arcane
Spectacle said:
Why hasn't Taleworlds hired this guy yet? They could have Mount&Blade look better than 97% of the games on the market and make all the reviewer who criticized M&B for poor graphics shut up.

I'm sure they'd still mark it down. They said Risen didn't have good graphics despite it's bloom and nex gen graphics. Only hyped AAA get the coveted "good graphics" award. Besides, you can see these textures too well. You're not suppose to see the textures in newer games, just eXtreme brightness.

MisterStone

Arcane
Spectacle said:

I get the impression that the M&B devs are a bit... cheap. THey figured out what people enjoyed most out of the game (riding on a horse and whacking people) and polished that; the rest of the game is a bit lack luster. They are happy to let people mod out all of the shortcomings and mod in content that the game needs to be interested for more than a week or so.

Not that I blame them necessarily; it's a pretty small dev team as far as I can tell.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Originally it was only Armagan, then thanks to the early investors, it grew to 4 people. AFAIK, most of the development was done with that core group. After they got Paradox as publishers, they grew a bit but Taleworlds is still under 10 full-time people.

And they are improving graphics for Warband, so it's quite possible that the guy abandoned his mod because Armagan started paying him to work for the expansion. Who knows?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom