Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial Where is gaming's Brokeback Mountain?

User was nabbed fit

Jasede said:
Halo and Gears of War are pretty damn full of gayness.

But the characters aren't gay... openly. What we need are huge flaming homosexuals as main characters. When we hear "I'll fuck you till you love me", we've got to BELIEVE in it. Immersion.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
I could see "I'll fuck you till you love me" appearing as a romance dialogue option in ME2.

I actually thought the way in which it was done in Jade Empire was pretty good. By being subtle it managed to combine realism with not offending the kiddies+parents who wouldn't realise the option was there. An openly 'out' character in that setting would be out of place. Ordinarily I'm not one for pandering to homophobes' sensibilities, but there would be something wierd about an rpg setting where the characters were just out with it - unless the characters themselves were off a kind that clearly wouldn't give a shit about what others thought, or if the world was characterised in a way such that the society in question was post-sexual-hangups (e.g. Brave New World, where sex is viewed as a harmless and innocent hobby - can be presented both positively and negatively).

In pseudo-medieval worlds, and worlds that match society's other divisions (poverty vs ambition, racism etc), perfect social equality of sexual orientation would be jarring.

I actually thought the way in which it was done in Jade Empire was pretty good. By being subtle it managed to combine realism with not offending the kiddies+parents who wouldn't realise the option was there. An openly 'out' character in that setting would be out of place. Ordinarily I'm not one for pandering to homophobes' sensibilities, but there would be something wierd about an rpg setting where the characters were just out with it - unless the characters themselves were off a kind that clearly wouldn't give a shit about what others thought, or if the world was characterised in a way such that the society in question was post-sexual-hangups (e.g. Brave New World, where sex is viewed as a harmless and innocent hobby - can be presented both positively and negatively).

In pseudo-medieval worlds, and worlds that match society's other divisions (poverty vs ambition, racism etc), perfect social equality of sexual orientation would be jarring.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
1603pt033b502.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom