Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why doen't You Tube work on the Codex?

Andhaira

Arcane
I've tried imbedding you tube videos but it doesn't work; all I get is gibberish code in return. Why is this and how hard would it be to enable rpgcodex to have imbedded you tube vids?

Andhaira

Arcane
Tehn this tme let the proposition pass.

Lets name it Proposition X.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Embedding YouTube vids is a good idea, and would really be a better experience with respect to threads that involve linking to YouTube videos.

ARZ

Novice
No one bothers to do this in a thread that is composed mainly of Youtube links. Especially when no descriptions are left of the clip - as is the case in most situations where video links are being posted. I believe you even commented on this yourself "why do people make these threads that no one reads" or something to that effect.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
No one bothers to do this in a thread that is composed mainly of Youtube links.
I'm sure they were totally worth watching, then! Oh no, people aren't watching your Youtube video and you didn't tell then what it's about. What a shame. Better force it into everyone's face so we can get anime and emo industrial music videos that nobody misses.

Jason

chasing a bee
Maybe the problem here is people making threads composed mainly of Youtube links.

Also, Proposition X gives you AIDS.

ARZ

Novice
kingcomrade said:
I'm sure they were totally worth watching, then! Oh no, people aren't watching your Youtube video and you didn't tell then what it's about. What a shame. Better force it into everyone's face so we can get anime and emo industrial music videos that nobody misses.

I never participate in Youtube threads, and I don't click the links either. So just OK. The point is that other members do, and you guys should accommodate their needs.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
ARZ said:
No one bothers to do this in a thread that is composed mainly of Youtube links. Especially when no descriptions are left of the clip - as is the case in most situations where video links are being posted. I believe you even commented on this yourself "why do people make these threads that no one reads" or something to that effect.

This. Nobody is forcing you to enter the "youtube threads", nobody is forcing you to push the play button. We can already link to images I don't see what the difference would be as far as intrusiveness goes.

Kraszu

Prophet
ARZ said:
No one bothers to do this in a thread that is composed mainly of Youtube links..

Yes clicking on the link requires so much effort then clicking on the video. :roll:

It is so much convenient to have links you can close streaming of the specific video then without closing the threat or refreshing it.

ARZ

Novice
Marcelo21 said:
This. Nobody is forcing you to enter the "youtube threads", nobody is forcing you to push the play button. We can already link to images I don't see what the difference would be as far as intrusiveness goes.

There's no difference, it's all just some convoluted scheme to try and keep the Codex 'old school'. The actual result is that the forum looks simply 'old' and keeps new members from signing up.

Kraszu

Prophet
ARZ said:
Marcelo21 said:

There's no difference at all, it's just some convoluted scheme to try and keep the Codex 'old school'. The actual result is that the forum looks simply 'old' and keeps new members from signing up.

Images are static so it is more convenient to have them load on one page, with videos you watch one at the time anyway, also they require 1 click to play or one click to open a link to them, so what the big difference is?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom