Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wildstar - Next NCSoft MMORPG

hiver

looks good? hmm... :avatard:

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I wouldn't call it a WoW expansion, the gameplay looks a lot more fun than WoW's rotation-based tedium. I still can't bring myself to care about Wildstar though, the art style doesn't appeal to me at all. I don't think that every game needs to be gray and brown and super serious, but this is going too far in the opposite direction.

hiver

They could have chosen a character that doesnt look like a hentai cat girl, for this presentation, thats true.

I liked the diversity of environments and environmental art, that areas with trapped huge robot was pretty good, and i found intriguing that they want to avoid DPS mechanics so combat seems much more complex in a good way, necessitating collaboration and inventiveness - which ofcourse we couldnt see, since they are running around on god mode and one-shotting everything.

Good creature deisign. Liked the desert djin giant with twisters and reactive environment part too.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
too bad that are all the most boring parts of an MMO hiver because after 100 hours you don't care by what color of pixel the ginormeous health bar you have been whacking down for the past 30 minutes is represented by.

so far, wildstar is a 08/15 2 faction tab-targetting "M"MO with focus on PvE - i.e. WoW a wow expansion.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Perhaps. You're probably right.
Still, the game looks interesting to me.
Is it the MMOFAG rising to the surface, which I never knew I had?
Will there be a codex clan?

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I read on some stress test impressions that the combat is really floaty and unpolished. Kinda turned me off from the game

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Ok, this is interesting.
Anyone care to translate what this all means for me? I don't feel like reading all of that, but picked up about a subscription thing and purchasing.

Dr Tomo

Learned
:lol: This is hilarious. So is this a sandbox game? I can see this failing so hard and this might be the first game where we will see hyperinflation within 2 years at the latest and same with Tes.

Severian Silk

But Tim Cain is the greatest human being ever and could not possibly develop something bad... right?!?!?!
Since he got married nobody talks about him any more. Codex is jealous I guess. :smug:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I like the idea of the subscription model presented.
But it obviously depends on the cost of CREDD (buying from other players of course - not real cash), whether or not it will be good.

I will probably play Wildstar but I'd be surprised if I would extend it over the 30 initial days.

EDIT: What the fuck. There's this subscription model AND you have to pay 60 dollars for a box? LOL no. Too bad, this game had some promise.

Last edited:
So apparently you can earn in game currency to pay off your sub if you poopsock it a bit.

This is the one MMO out there aside from vapourware (I'm looking at you, WoD) that I still give a shit about, so let's hope the game is worth paying for.

ColCol

Arcane
Looks riveting:

WS_Chua_Mordesh03.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom