Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Will you buy StarCraft 2 ?

Will you?

• Yes, standart edition

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, collector's edition

• No, I am moron

• Total voters

mondblut

Arcane
RTSes are for untermenschen.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah, after finishing the campaign I can say that the story feels so similar to WC3 that I half expect Blizzard to announce Galaxy of Starcraft in a year or so and the last two campaigns will focus on the zerg fucking everything up and summoning the xel'naga leader and then the terrans, protoss, and a faction of good zerg will unite to face the xel'naga. They'll probably win using some ancient weapon that'll explode and kill the xel'naga...but there are more out there! We're not safe yet. Buy the MMO and kill one in a raid.

How disappointing. The two settings used to be completely different. If they use this same story for Diablo 3 I'm going to rage so hard.

Nah.

It'll be evil Terrans (The Dominion / UED), evil Protoss (Taldarem) and evil Zerg (Xel'Naga slaves) against good Terrans (Raynor's Douchebags), good Protoss (Null-tool and that fucker Artanis) and good Zerg (Probably controlled by Kerrigan despite her no longer being infected).

KalosKagathos

Learned
Stereotypical Villain said:
(Probably controlled by Kerrigan despite her no longer being infected)
:what:
Did Blizzard really go there (still haven't played because I can't get any crack to work and am not going to buy the demo they are selling in the CIS)?

They probably will... I'm willing to bet that they let her keep those "god-like powers" despite her no longer being infected, and that'll allow her to control a brood of Zerg or something.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah she still had that tentacle hair after being cured so she probably still has some link to the zerg. She'll probably be the main character of the zerg expansion.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Yeah the 2nd part of the full game will most likely contain Kerrigan uniting the zerg because the terrible darkness is coming, zerg are good guys brainwashed by the ancient evil and the galaxy must be saved.

hanssolo

Educated
Xor said:
How disappointing. The two settings used to be completely different. If they use this same story for Diablo 3 I'm going to rage so hard.
DIABLO IS JUST MISUNDERSTOOD! DECKARD CAIN IS DERR MASTERMIND!!

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Xor said:
Yeah, after finishing the campaign I can say that the story feels so similar to WC3 that I half expect Blizzard to announce Galaxy of Starcraft in a year or so and the last two campaigns will focus on the zerg fucking everything up and summoning the xel'naga leader and then the terrans, protoss, and a faction of good zerg will unite to face the xel'naga. They'll probably win using some ancient weapon that'll explode and kill the xel'naga...but there are more out there! We're not safe yet. Buy the MMO and kill one in a raid.

Kill the xelnaga with a halo ring.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
Xor said:
Yeah she still had that tentacle hair after being cured so she probably still has some link to the zerg. She'll probably be the main character of the zerg expansion.

Yeah, that's already confirmed. Apparently it's going to be more RPG-like, designed around increasing Kerrigan's powers, which in turn shapes what kind of army she can command. The Protoss campaign will be focused on diplomacy and alliances, trying to unite as much of the remaining Protoss tribes as possible.

Boring.

Banal.

Shit.

How much do I need for fork out for a campaign where the UED and Dominion team up to purge the galaxy of the xeno and mutant?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Stereotypical Villain said:
Boring.

Banal.

Shit.

How much do I need for fork out for a campaign where the UED and Dominion team up to purge the galaxy of the xeno and mutant?
Well, it was just a part of the Dominion. It's not like the weeabo-general asked his father for permission and the whole Dominion chipped in.

Xor

Arcane
Yeah, he was easily my least favorite character of the entire game.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Ffff i suck at rts, i got stuck in one of the SC1 terran missions. Not going to say which because I don't want any tips, gonna try again later.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
Mangoose said:
Ffff i suck at rts, i got stuck in one of the SC1 terran missions. Not going to say which because I don't want any tips, gonna try again later.

Will you tell us which one if we promise not to give tips?

made

Arcane
So I finished the campaign. Some fun and intense missions in there, notably the last one. Liked the non-linear approach and C&Clol, could have done more with it though. Overall too many gimmick missions with the same premise: "here's a new unit, this unit wins the map, learn how to use it and build nothing else" got tiresome after a while. Story and characters very bland and boring. Firefly did the whole Spacecowboy thing much better, and SC marines have nothing on DoW marines.

Final score: :M:M:M:M:M:M:M /10

Xor

Arcane
Once I got battlecruisers I tried to win every mission with those.

jazzotron

Liturgist
I missed modern RTS features such as:

* path finding
* formations

Amazing the number of times Medics would wander onto the frontlines only to have themselves torn apart.

Otherwise, an entertaining game.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
ScottishMartialArts said:
Mangoose said:

It was Norad II, I just kept on sending Raynor to death lol. Also I couldn't figure out how to get through the spore colony wall until now.

Xor

Arcane
I think I beat that one with 12 dropships on a suicide mission.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
Mangoose said:
ScottishMartialArts said:
Mangoose said:

It was Norad II, I just kept on sending Raynor to death lol. Also I couldn't figure out how to get through the spore colony wall until now.

Yeah, I think the first time I played that mission I loaded Raynor up into a dropship and right clicked on the Norad II, thinking I had the mission won. 10 seconds later approximately 10,000 spore colonies fired on the dropship, taking it down and ending the mission.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
jazzotron said:
I missed modern RTS features such as:

* path finding
* formations

Amazing the number of times Medics would wander onto the frontlines only to have themselves torn apart.

Otherwise, an entertaining game.
Micro wouldn't be viable if this existed in the game. It's what separates the pros from the newbs.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Well I decided to take the long way and just fight to the same level where the spore colonies were.

I actually also didn't realize the mission would end right after reaching the beacon. So I actually was very close to winning on my first try because I had a screen of Wraiths, though Raynor got shot down right at the end.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom