Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[WIP] Thirst, a Dragon Age mod focused on C&C

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Hey, sea, so I just got to the part where I
freed the two spirits in the crypt.
A cutscene follows in which they say "Now we will see to our final task". Then they move to the edge of the circle and just keep standing there - nothing happens and the door won't unlock. Is it a bug or am I missing something?
Try using this "unofficial" fix:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10680698/Thirst_ghostfix_experimental.7z

You need to put it here: Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\addins\Thirst\module\override\toolsetexport

It should make the doors open immediately after you speak to them , but you will need to reload a save from before you did.

Thanks, that helped, but now I'm having the same problem with Justine. When I persuade her to open the door to the Archives for me, she says "please follow me" and then just stays there in one place.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Thanks, that helped, but now I'm having the same problem with Justine. When I persuade her to open the door to the Archives for me, she says "please follow me" and then just stays there in one place.
Few questions:
  • Are you using the Thirst patch on the Nexus by any chance?
  • Are you using Dragon Age 1.05 + Awakening?
  • Did you update the game at all while playing Thirst (i.e. started at 1.03, patched to 1.05)?
  • Are you using any other mods (at all)?

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Few questions:
  • Are you using the Thirst patch on the Nexus by any chance?
  • Are you using Dragon Age 1.05 + Awakening?
  • Did you update the game at all while playing Thirst (i.e. started at 1.03, patched to 1.05)?
  • Are you using any other mods (at all)?

Yep
Yep
No
No

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Yep
Yep
No
No
Hmm, strange, let me look into it then. I think that is a known bug that was fixed at one point but maybe it was never actually deployed in a patch.

EDIT: Yep, all the way back in patch 4. It could be a lot of things in that case - save bugs, for instance, or just a scripting error or regression. Can you send me your save file from just before the Archives so I can test it out? Would also be good to know which specific option you are using to get Justine to open the door.

And thanks for pointing out the issues by the way. I was thinking of coming out with a final "pre patched" version of Thirst so if there are a few outstanding issues it's good I get them looked at anyway.

EDIT 2: I looked at the script and conversation, it seems fine so I'm not sure what's up. I re-exported the files to see if this fixes things, let me know (same location as the other fix): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10680698/Thirst_archives_fix_thingy.7z

Last edited:

Crooked Bee

Patron
Thanks - I'm already away from my desktop PC at the moment but I should be able to check if the fix works tomorrow or on Monday. If it doesn't, I'll upload my save game so you can see what's up. I could've just messed something up when installing the patch or the mod itself, I guess.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Worth pointing out: based on hiver's feedback I have further reworked the two quests in the Arceris Chantry. To resolve a logic oversight the Templars now only show up after you've completed Horrors Below (makes no sense for them to be standing there nearby and just not help out).

Once I figure out Crooked Bee's issue I'll package it all up as a final release version.

Crooked Bee

Patron
So, I've uninstalled and then re-installed Thirst and the patch, and now everything works fine. Looks like the problem was on my end after all.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Good to hear, I'll work on getting a pre-patched full installer figured out when I next have time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom