Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Witcher 2: one of the best storyfag RPGs ever made?

Erebus

Arcane
I gave The Witcher 2 a try a few years ago. The story seemed rather interesting, but the gameplay... Well, to quote myself from back then :

Interacting with the slightest thing is a pain in the ass, the controls can't be changed, the camera sucks and can't be changed, being unable to use potions outside of meditation is annoying, the many unopenable doors are ridiculous, the dialogue system is hardly better than Bioware's infamous wheel, and let's not even mention the fucking quick time events.

I've been meaning to give it another chance, but haven't yet found the motivation to actually do so.

Lambach

Arcane
Not even racist, per se, dude just said he'd never fuck an elf chick. Seeing as how the villain of that storyline kept an elven woman as a rape slave for god-knows-how-long, the "racist guy" is practically a saint in comparison. :M

KateMicucci

Arcane
Witcher 2 would be great if it weren't for that absurd "villain" that doesn't makes sense even when you know his reasons. The other side characters also feel unidimensional and cartoonish(except for Roche maybe) and the branching story achieves to make the player miss half the details of a great plot. I wouldn't mind to play twice the game but the shitty combat prevents me to do so.
What villian?

Curratum

How can you enjoy the story when the controls, combat, camera and gameplay are so terrible, though?

I endured it for about 3-4 hours and never touched it again.

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
Not even racist, per se, dude just said he'd never fuck an elf chick. Seeing as how the villain of that storyline kept an elven woman as a rape slave for god-knows-how-long, the "racist guy" is practically a saint in comparison. :M
i'm surprised you can remember that much. i forgot all the details of the entire story as i was playing it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom