Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry 6--When to change classes?

biffthestiff

Educated
There is a Run command?
:negative:

Guys is there a way to scale up the automapper window? It's so tiny on my 4k screen I can't see my markers properly. I'm not talking about the game window here, game scales just fine. It's just the automapper.
I tried the 3rd party tool Scaler by BrianTools, didn't work.
The IntegerScaler tool works but it makes the map window borderless fullscreen which is undesirable. I just want to keep the automap window the same size, but make everything inside it 2x/3x bigger.

biffthestiff

Educated
Q1. What determines how much MP you have in a realm (eg Fire)? I thought learning a new spell increased your MP in that realm, but I just learned Detect Secrets from a book I bought from the guy in B1F, it was my first Mental spell, but my Mental MP is still 0 so I can't cast it.

Q2. Is there a faster way to test the many keys I have on a locked door than clicking 10 times through menus for each key? Like some mod that automatically opens the door if I have the right key? It's all so tiresome.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Learning a spell from a tome doesn't raise your spell points. On level up, you get spell points in realms that you have spells in (and the more spells in that realm, the more points you get). If you learn a spell, you get bonus points in its realm based on its cost. You apparently also get spell points based on your Piety. It's a mechanical black box, and I haven't tested this extensively.

I'm not aware of any faster way to deal with keys and doors.

biffthestiff

Educated
On level up, you get spell points in realms that you have spells in (and the more spells in that realm, the more points you get). If you learn a spell, you get bonus points in its realm based on its cost.

Let's say I learned Nuclear Blast (most expensive Mage spell) at level 10 and I have 80 Fire MP now. But I didn't have it for most of the game. I then immediately switch to L1 Priest then right back to L1 Mage, and go through 9 more Mage levels, so I'm back on L10 again.

Will I end up with more Fire MP since I had a higher average spell cost at level-ups? (having had Nuclear Blast since level 1 this time)

(FYI I'm gonna contribute a lot of this knowledge back to GameFAQs, I've learned a lot of not obvious things. Unless you suggest a better location? I don't want to host my own website, just contribute quickly to something that already exists)

grimer

Learned
Will I end up with more Fire MP since I had a higher average spell cost at level-ups? (having had Nuclear Blast since level 1 this time)
yes. for example, i saw a playthrough on youtube of wizardry 6 on expert difficulty with a fully powergamed party where each character knows every single spell from all 4 spellbooks (as well as kirijutsu, ninjutsu and even music) and by the end of the game i saw that his valkyrie had like 300-400 sp in all magic realms.

i would advise against excessive class changing especially for your first playthrough. wizardry 6 is quite linear and has a steady progression of difficulty that you will trivialize by doing so. for example, learning the fire shield spell is a milestone for a normal playthrough but not when you already have nuclear blast after leaving the castle. wizardry 6 is a short game anyways at around 15-20 hours (if you know how to solve the puzzles and aren't drawing your own maps) and a typical party will finish the game at level 14-16 or so.

FYI I'm gonna contribute a lot of this knowledge back to GameFAQs, I've learned a lot of not obvious things. Unless you suggest a better location?
are you planning on writing an faq or just a general thread? theres already a pretty good faq there by ssjlee and some useful info in the main wizardry thread here (e.g. kmonster posted a nice overview of how attributes work in 6 and 7). probably just post your observations in the main thread here so its all in one location that newfriends can search through.

RoksCQ

Novice
Is the Run command just for trolling the player?
I used run constantly at level 1 while building up some ninjutsu, bard singing skills, raising oratory casting bitch buffs, stupid shit. You'd have to be a maniac but you could raise some skills through use and retreat, in case the game allocates skill points to those skills based on your class or whatever you can save skill points for your class casting skills, kirijitsu, yadda yadda.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom