Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Worms Reloaded - Yay or nay?

• Thread starter Deleted member 11480
  • Start date

So?

• It has improved over the predecessors, therefore YES, buy it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not an improvement, but it's damn well worth the acquisition

• Stick with WA

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Didn't liked it, avoid like the plague / Go play a better multiplayer artillery game [post about it]

• I don't know shit about Worms. I also like cocks and Interior design

• Total voters

Deleted member 11480

I miss some good old Worms multiplayer mayhem, so I was thinking about getting Armageddon to play on worms.net. Thing is, now I remember there's a new one, the so called reloaded. I've never considered 3D Worms as actual instalments, so it looks like this is the first real successor to World Party.

What does the hivemind has to say about this one? Should I buy it instead of going back to WA?

Multi-headed Cow

If you're fine with WA, it's better. New one is a bit popamole. Ninja rope no longer lets you do completely retarded shit, fewer weapons, some animations and sounds are mysteriously worse (No pumping the shotgun!?). It's certainly playable though.

Dire Roach

Prophet
Reloaded seems nice until you start to notice how so many features that added strategy to the old games were not included in this one. Try the demo, witness the decline, then go back to WA.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I already have it and it's nice to play it a bit. I've never got original WA or WWP and all the stuff found on the tubes seems to hate 64bit systems. So being able to play worms without any hassle is a big plus for me.

On the other hand, this game has stupid fucking hats. Projectiles just pass through even the largest hats - fucking confusing. So if you ever want to play (and I'm open for a quick match or two almost any evening) your worms will have to be plain old wormy.

Fucking hats :decline:

Johannes

Arcane
Dire Roach said:
Reloaded seems nice until you start to notice how so many features that added strategy to the old games were not included in this one. Try the demo, witness the decline, then go back to WA.
Elaborate.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
It's not a bad game on its own, but it is a cut-down version of Armageddon/WP. Fewer worms and weapons are the worst offenders IMO. If you can't get WA/WWP to run at all this would do, otherwise just stick to the older & better.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Worms World Party and Armageddon were the best in the series.

Although I did have some fun with 3D.

Dire Roach

Prophet
Johannes said:
Dire Roach said:
Elaborate.

Reloaded is a port of XBLA's Worms 2: Armageddon. The list on the right of this image shows which Armageddon weapons were not included in Reloaded.
WormsWeaponsClear4.PNG

That's 31 weapons/utilities that were not included (invisibility is in, though). Reloaded includes 14 new weapons/utilities, some which are meant to replace old weapons like the moles with bunker busters and termites, but it doesn't make up for some really important ones like worm select and low gravity. Girder angle can be adjusted in Reloaded just like in WA, but not length.

The new, nerfed rope physics in Reloaded make it very difficult or impossible to pull off maneuvers that gave an important advantage to skilled players in the past and made some crazy rope-based custom games possible. No more rope knocking or flying across the terrain at insane speeds.

Three jumping maneuvers have been removed: the straight-up jump, the short backwards jump, and the mini backflip. Although seemingly unimportant, these jumps were often necessary to move out of difficult terrain without having to waste a ninja rope or wasting a turn digging your way out.

Then there's all the game customization options that were dumbed down or taken out entirely. Maximum of four worms per team instead of eight. Maximum of four teams per match instead of six. No manual worm placement modes. No terrain friction adjustment. No weapon power adjustment. No crate appearance frequency adjustment. And so on.

That's pretty much all I can remember for now.

User was nabbed fit

It's dumbed down but it's also worth it if you've got the cash, just to play around with some of the new stuff/features

Dire Roach

Prophet
No, the one in the middle is the XBLA remake of Worms 1. I don't think the donkey was in the original game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom