Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wormwood Studios Drama - Victor Pflug trying to get exclusive ownership of Primordia

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
Victor, focus your energy on Hibernaculum and leave the faggly boring drama. If for any reason the game doesn't perform well I suggest an alternative.

Guaranteed codex hit

VBplug.png

lightbane

Arcane
Soo, I guess that new adventure game with a weird WWI setting won't happen, right?
Even if Hibernaculum is successful, I don't see these guys joining to make something again anytime soon.

Also, is it okay to post your real names in the Codex of all places? Especially now?

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
problem is I've had a narcissist in my life for ten years plus
oh is that why you're acting like this

maybe stop smoking weed and deal with your mental issues before you burn all of your bridges

you can't turn back time and life is not a game where you can reset and try again, some fuckups are final

it seems to me like you are ruining your career right now to the point where nobody will ever want to work with you again...

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
"Primordia was a very stressful time"

I know you were stressed during Primordia's productions - @MarkY was worried you had "ditched" at one point (attached). I assured him you were fine but damn it's pretty nuts to see you still mention the stress of a game we made 13 years ago - maybe it's time to look within?

View attachment 51056
But if Primordia was so stressful for you Dualnames to still be mentioning (complaining about?) it a decade later - why make Strangeland with me?

Please don't lie about my absences though, James.

Show off the emails where you guys say "hey Victor, has been gone for months". You see everybody; these documents do not exist - except for in James own wild imagination. So I'll just let these speak for themselves (attached)

View attachment 51060View attachment 51059
View attachment 51061

I DID tell my publisher DaveGilbert that I had an unexpected PC meltdown one XMAS during Primordia production - I was absent for approx 3 weeks repairing my OS; then Dave busted my balls as if I'd never informed him of the meltdown telling me to warn him in advance of the unexpected - a pretty ridiculous exchange (from his end) now that's I've gone back over it in detail as well as everything else.

By the way, Dave Gilbert acting like an unprofessional jerk (I could use MUCH worse expletives here) during our games productions & his publishing efforts all thereafter, is something that could be it's own entire topic. A fully evidenced and threefold witnessed topic by us three (attached) I might add.

View attachment 51058

Also, which Nathan are referring to James? Because there were 2 at various times taking over the music from me at Dave's behest, which was just one of the many compromises I made to Dave during production that wasn't in my contract with him. However, I made concessions to keep production running smoothly, despite his increasingly unfair demands to change my original deal with him regarding his publishing my game (my publishing contract with Dave), during the course of production.

So to be clear; was it the the Nathan that was making unwanted personal advances toward one of Dave's female voice cast? Because I believe that's what I was told about him later by you guys. But the Nathan that DID complete his job on Primordia; I had no problem personally working with him - and I did just that - I worked really closely with Nathan 2 and in the end I was happy with what he came up with under my direction, and have said as much publicly.

I should mention at this juncture (of course James you wouldn't know this as you were not on board until well into production) but there were also two guys named Mark that I hired as well - Dave made me fire one Mark but let me keep the other.

With 2 Marks, 2 Nathans, and of course the dozen or so other people I hired personally to assist my developing Primordia... It actually gets complicated. But it's almost like you know very little about any of that James not being a party to the inner workings of early development - nor any of the really fundamental front end of Primordia's development, and you are essentially talking out of your arse here & making wild, untrue claims based on... What I guess someone else told you happened?

I have records of it all; because I hired and managed these people for my game, James, you absolute berk.

So keep posting my legal documents and conversations out of context - in fact keep posting them until you've posted ALL of them - then we'll be able to see the full story and not your cherry picked single note false narrative of what is very clearly a nuanced and complex situation that SHOULD have remained between US - the developers - and not aired as personal drama all over the internet.

I just wanted an audit from WEG and my dev tags.

I tried to talk to you privately about this a long time ago, and you dismissed my concerns - just as Mark dismissed my concerns about Wadjet Eye Games for many years (attached).

View attachment 51062View attachment 51063

I wonder how long it'll take to see those audit numbers I asked Dave Gilbert for? It was my very simple (& long overdue) request to Dave to just see the books which STARTED ALL THIS.

It has been over a year now, and I am still waiting.

I mean - to be fair - Mark himself told me very clearly he suspected (attached)

View attachment 51057

Dave was at least skimming, if not much worse.

I ask you - who in their right mind *wouldn't* ask for the audit they were guaranteed by contract to see after a revelation like that alone - let alone Dave's utter mishandling & mismanagement of the entire business side of things with Primordia from day one - and by the way I have those emails still, too.

So seeing as Dave has failed to show ANY numbers in any reasonable way or detail which would actually satisfy any financial record keeping requirements - as a result I have sought to terminate *my* contract with DaveGilbert

It wasn't ever about me not wanting to pay you James, or me not wanting to give you credit (where it was due, mind you) - nor me not continuing to distribute the correct figures with all info on the same day each month as *any* business would strive to - a challenge which Wadjet Eye has never been able to come close to achieving with me.

So James - why are you doing this?

If I'd taken back Primordia from Dave as my contract states I must do in the event he breaks the contract with me - which he demonstrably did - you would have gotten part of Dave's share - with me doing the work Dave usually does, for you.

My original contract states you get a 14% cut of the profits from Primordia. That percentage would have of course increased by splitting Dave's share when I take over Dave's duties and given you more money.

This is an ongoing legal situation between myself and my publisher Dave Gilbert. This has nothing to do with you James; it's between me (Developer) and Dave Gilbert (Publisher) - just as the Primordia Publishing Contract clearly states in black and white.

New York contract law does not make ANY concessions to changing the original spirit of a contract, ever. No movie deal cooked up by you guys changes that - not the movie deal Mark was pushing in 2013 - or this latest one which I clearly say NO; to any "option extension" to proceed any further, which you handily left out ANY mention of.

I was happy to let sleeping dogs lie - and just move on and make new games.

I will keep doing the latter part regardless. But I am also happy to tell every part of my own story, with the evidence, and people can make up their own minds. Except that I will not be cherry picking every single thing and taking it all out of context to serve my own narrative, as you have.

I will just allow the facts to speak for themselves.

Two Nathans?! Two Marks?!

I've read this from the beginning and can't honestly say at this point are you hallucinating or making adventure videogames in USA is actually that much fun.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
"Primordia was a very stressful time"

I know you were stressed during Primordia's productions - @MarkY was worried you had "ditched" at one point (attached). I assured him you were fine but damn it's pretty nuts to see you still mention the stress of a game we made 13 years ago - maybe it's time to look within?

View attachment 51056
But if Primordia was so stressful for you Dualnames to still be mentioning (complaining about?) it a decade later - why make Strangeland with me?

Please don't lie about my absences though, James.

Show off the emails where you guys say "hey Victor, has been gone for months". You see everybody; these documents do not exist - except for in James own wild imagination. So I'll just let these speak for themselves (attached)

View attachment 51060View attachment 51059
View attachment 51061

I DID tell my publisher DaveGilbert that I had an unexpected PC meltdown one XMAS during Primordia production - I was absent for approx 3 weeks repairing my OS; then Dave busted my balls as if I'd never informed him of the meltdown telling me to warn him in advance of the unexpected - a pretty ridiculous exchange (from his end) now that's I've gone back over it in detail as well as everything else.

By the way, Dave Gilbert acting like an unprofessional jerk (I could use MUCH worse expletives here) during our games productions & his publishing efforts all thereafter, is something that could be it's own entire topic. A fully evidenced and threefold witnessed topic by us three (attached) I might add.

View attachment 51058

Also, which Nathan are referring to James? Because there were 2 at various times taking over the music from me at Dave's behest, which was just one of the many compromises I made to Dave during production that wasn't in my contract with him. However, I made concessions to keep production running smoothly, despite his increasingly unfair demands to change my original deal with him regarding his publishing my game (my publishing contract with Dave), during the course of production.

So to be clear; was it the the Nathan that was making unwanted personal advances toward one of Dave's female voice cast? Because I believe that's what I was told about him later by you guys. But the Nathan that DID complete his job on Primordia; I had no problem personally working with him - and I did just that - I worked really closely with Nathan 2 and in the end I was happy with what he came up with under my direction, and have said as much publicly.

I should mention at this juncture (of course James you wouldn't know this as you were not on board until well into production) but there were also two guys named Mark that I hired as well - Dave made me fire one Mark but let me keep the other.

With 2 Marks, 2 Nathans, and of course the dozen or so other people I hired personally to assist my developing Primordia... It actually gets complicated. But it's almost like you know very little about any of that James not being a party to the inner workings of early development - nor any of the really fundamental front end of Primordia's development, and you are essentially talking out of your arse here & making wild, untrue claims based on... What I guess someone else told you happened?

I have records of it all; because I hired and managed these people for my game, James, you absolute berk.

So keep posting my legal documents and conversations out of context - in fact keep posting them until you've posted ALL of them - then we'll be able to see the full story and not your cherry picked single note false narrative of what is very clearly a nuanced and complex situation that SHOULD have remained between US - the developers - and not aired as personal drama all over the internet.

I just wanted an audit from WEG and my dev tags.

I tried to talk to you privately about this a long time ago, and you dismissed my concerns - just as Mark dismissed my concerns about Wadjet Eye Games for many years (attached).

View attachment 51062View attachment 51063

I wonder how long it'll take to see those audit numbers I asked Dave Gilbert for? It was my very simple (& long overdue) request to Dave to just see the books which STARTED ALL THIS.

It has been over a year now, and I am still waiting.

I mean - to be fair - Mark himself told me very clearly he suspected (attached)

View attachment 51057

Dave was at least skimming, if not much worse.

I ask you - who in their right mind *wouldn't* ask for the audit they were guaranteed by contract to see after a revelation like that alone - let alone Dave's utter mishandling & mismanagement of the entire business side of things with Primordia from day one - and by the way I have those emails still, too.

So seeing as Dave has failed to show ANY numbers in any reasonable way or detail which would actually satisfy any financial record keeping requirements - as a result I have sought to terminate *my* contract with DaveGilbert

It wasn't ever about me not wanting to pay you James, or me not wanting to give you credit (where it was due, mind you) - nor me not continuing to distribute the correct figures with all info on the same day each month as *any* business would strive to - a challenge which Wadjet Eye has never been able to come close to achieving with me.

So James - why are you doing this?

If I'd taken back Primordia from Dave as my contract states I must do in the event he breaks the contract with me - which he demonstrably did - you would have gotten part of Dave's share - with me doing the work Dave usually does, for you.

My original contract states you get a 14% cut of the profits from Primordia. That percentage would have of course increased by splitting Dave's share when I take over Dave's duties and given you more money.

This is an ongoing legal situation between myself and my publisher Dave Gilbert. This has nothing to do with you James; it's between me (Developer) and Dave Gilbert (Publisher) - just as the Primordia Publishing Contract clearly states in black and white.

New York contract law does not make ANY concessions to changing the original spirit of a contract, ever. No movie deal cooked up by you guys changes that - not the movie deal Mark was pushing in 2013 - or this latest one which I clearly say NO; to any "option extension" to proceed any further, which you handily left out ANY mention of.

I was happy to let sleeping dogs lie - and just move on and make new games.

I will keep doing the latter part regardless. But I am also happy to tell every part of my own story, with the evidence, and people can make up their own minds. Except that I will not be cherry picking every single thing and taking it all out of context to serve my own narrative, as you have.

I will just allow the facts to speak for themselves.

shieeeeeeet
man you sure it is a good idea to post the private e-mails with financial accusations of 3rd party like this?

especially when the other person whose answer you are posting IS A KNOWN LAWYER

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
I love that you guys felt the need to chop and change history by deleting the Primordia thread and merging threads... Making it look like... I don't know what this is lol

It just goes to show your character time and time again MRY - what are you so afraid of the truth?

I could have shown a LOT more of your pernicious character, and a lot worse.

https://www.thedartmouth.com/article/1999/11/false-racism-accusation-is-an-attempt-to-discredit

It is fucking 1999 article
are you even fucking serious?

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
This is precisely the same thing James did on the Wormwood Discord server; he made huge vitriolic rants that I then responded to - then *I* was banned for responding to drama that was initiated by James.

So you claim the Wormwood is and always was your studio, but you didn't even owned the Wormwood Discord server and was actually banned from it.

This is a very complicated story.

0wca

Learned
problem is I've had a narcissist in my life for ten years plus
oh is that why you're acting like this

maybe stop smoking weed and deal with your mental issues before you burn all of your bridges

you can't turn back time and life is not a game where you can reset and try again, some fuckups are final

it seems to me like you are ruining your career right now to the point where nobody will ever want to work with you again...
Dude you've been eating Todd Howard's asshole for 2 years now, and he's burnt his company to the ground.

Shut up.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
is this going to court? If this is I would shut the fuck up because anything you say here gives them just more ammunition against you

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom