Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Wow, something good for a change! Witcher Interview

dagorkan

Arbiter
CDProjekt Witcher PR guy: we're making a Classic RPG (TM)
Jinxed: Wow! Something good for a change!

Me: look at their websites & vids. It looks like an Action-RPG to me.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
dagorkan said:

Claw wonders why sheek is talking about himself in the third person.

Claw also wonder if it's possible that not everyone at the Codex has already watched all videos about the Witcher when they were freshly released and has seen the subtle differences between this Action-RPG and the Diablo variant. Claw decides that while The Witcher is clearly an Action-RPG, he still hold the hope that it'll be less shallow and action-centric than its brethren.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Claw said:
Claw decides that while The Witcher is clearly an Action-RPG, he still hold the hope that it'll be less shallow and action-centric than its brethren.
Hamster wants to remind everybody that Gothic 2 was action RPG too but it is repected by many people on Codex.

Texas Red

Whiner
TalesfromtheCrypt said:
Hamster said:
TalesfromtheCrypt said:
I didn\t connect his nationality to IT piracy.
Why do you lie?(c)

Stop the bullshit, start the truth.

He started to bitch about how democracy is so evil and there is no real freedom, and no law forbids to "lie" to the public, yet he doesnt seem to have a problem with theft.

I was just asking him why he doesnt go back to russia if democracy is so terrible after all. Nothing else. Dont take the asian comment to seriously, I was a little angry.

You dont even know what my version of what freedom is. And Russia shares the same political system as the rest of the West, genius. It isnt my idea of what the goverment and the laws should be about.

And no, I cant go to Russia. I dont have a citisenship and neither have I finished school.

Are all Poles or whatever you call yourself so bitter because they were gangraped by several countries while helplessly asking for help from others or just some?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Claw said:
dagorkan said:

Claw wonders why sheek is talking about himself in the third person.

Claw also wonder if it's possible that not everyone at the Codex has already watched all videos about the Witcher when they were freshly released and has seen the subtle differences between this Action-RPG and the Diablo variant. Claw decides that while The Witcher is clearly an Action-RPG, he still hold the hope that it'll be less shallow and action-centric than its brethren.

It's got choice and consequence, and we've seen that in a video already, yep.
That's why I'm quite optimistic about the game.

elander_

Arbiter
Jinxed said:
“The Witcher” is a classic RPG – more analogous with titles like “Baldur’s Gate,” “Knights of the Old Republic,” and even “Fallout” – though presented in a completely new, modern and fresh form.

Some bold claims, but i think Gameshark is right in predicting that this game will be a story driven rpg with action combat. Just a better story than other games.

Volourn said:
TOEE's combat was very static. It never changed.

You mean you were always taking a huge beating.

meeneque

Liturgist
Codex 2013 Wasteland 2
The Walkin' Dude said:
Are all Poles or whatever you call yourself so bitter because they were gangraped by several countries while helplessly asking for help from others or just some?

Why do you lie?

@OP I believe the CDP guys are just learning how to hype from the bestest of the bethsest. And it makes me sad, but I realize they are just trying to send their product.

Something tells me it will pull a Gothic 3. Tons of potential, massive failure. That, or there is jack shit in terms of RPG-ness so they can market to the twitch-kiddies. Or possibly its actually pretty good.....but real time with pause, so it is basically an affront to everything and it must die.

No matter what, it will most likely end up sucking. This isn't Disneyland, shit happens.

Fez

Erudite
He is indeed a double dumbfuck now. It's not your browser going wrong.

aboyd

Liturgist
The Walkin' Dude said:
This game looks exactly like NWN 2 :?.
It's based off the NWN 1 engine, with their own custom improvements, so you might expect to see similarities.

aboyd

Liturgist
Edward_R_Murrow said:
Or possibly its actually pretty good.....but real time with pause, so it is basically an affront to everything and it must die.
It's based off the NWN 1 engine, so it's RTwP built-in. I guess they could change that, but I've not seen any indication that they will. Seems like this isn't a title for you.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Actually, from what i know, Witcher is fully real time, without giving orders on pause. Just like Gothic.

Kraszu

Prophet
Thewitcher have diferent combat mechanics since you have to click/attack in right time so pause is only useful for combos (as you make combos by selecting diferent attack types in order).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom