Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

X3: Terran Conflict Opinons on the game?

Seboss

Liturgist
Actually, I seem to remember the Universe trader software allows to set an acceptable danger level for establishing routes. Can't remember it that's true in the vanilla game, I use a shitload of mods.

Jack_Deth

Augur
Patron
Insert Title Here
I enjoyed X3:TC. Is it perfect? No it is not but it is the best in the series that I've played (I've played X2 and X3). It is way more approachable than the previous games. The UI is cleaner and the mouse controls work very well. I also really liked the new mission system where stations generate different types of missions from patrols, assasination to trade missions

Nedrah

Erudite
It's worth it if you like the kind of trade/explore/fight/build play style it offers, you also need to be willing to get comfortable with finding and installing mods that take care of most of the annoyances that indeed are present in the vanilla game.

DraQ

Arcane
racofer said:
Nexus is great.
This.

Too bad it was kinda short and had some serious game breaking bugs.
Too bad it had broken balance (anti-subsystem weapons sucked balls compared to anti-hull and anti-shield ones), crappy explosions (I'm referring to the sprites themselves here, not any form of next-gen eyecandy) and the devs apparently failed to notice how horribly they suck at creating aliens (there are retarded saurian aliens, honourable green humanoid orcish aliens, and actually alien looking, squeaky voiced cowardly aliens).

Stereotypical Villain said:
Call me shallow, but i want cockpits, damn it.
Cock-pits? Are you referring to the groin?

racofer

Thread Incliner
Stereotypical Villain said:
No, i just don't like that view... It looks like you're looking out the ship through a hull camera. :? Immershun!

Your prayers have been answered, SV:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=254635

x3screen00013.jpg

x3screen00014.jpg

x3screen00016z.jpg

x3screen00012l.jpg

x3screen00024o.jpg

x3screen00023.jpg

There's also this other cockpit mod:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=262446

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom