Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

"XIII Century, Death of Glory" - better then RTW2?

Balor

Arcane
Creators claim to aim at much greater realism (both visual and technical) then RTW, also aim to improve role that landscape plays in the game, trenches, very complex siedges, dynamic weather effects, etc.
Also, they promise much greater modablity then in RTW.
The game is made in Russia and currently in the works.

http://www.dtf.ru/project/gallery.php?id=494
Btw, graphics on that page said to be outdated and will be better in final game.
More info will come later, when their official website will be opened

Levski 1912

Scholar
Those battles are looking smallish- 7 units of about ~50 men each. And yeah, some of the textures and models look odd.

Balor

Arcane
Well, one should not expect 100k troops on battlefield, it's 13th century, not modern China :).
However, it's just screens from an alpha - who knows what future holds for us.
Anyway, this game sure looks promising. It may not provide absolute realism, but at least accent on one would be good enough.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
If they can at least compete with RTW in the battles department, yet deliver a sim-management side that isn't as bullshit tedious as RTW's then I'll definitely get it.

Balor

Arcane
Well, you know, they even consider dismissing the 'sim' side altogether and making it more akin to Warhammer: Dark Omen. It's not fully desided, though.
Not that I would be happy about it, but if you ask...

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Balor said:
Well, you know, they even consider dismissing the 'sim' side altogether and making it more akin to Warhammer: Dark Omen. It's not fully desided, though.
Not that I would be happy about it, but if you ask...

I have no problems with sim-management, in fact I enjoy those types of games. However, RTW's sim-management side was utter, tedious bullshit that was basically there as filler for when you're not kicking ass.

Greatatlantic

Erudite
As far as I'm concerned, there is only one aspect of RTW that NEEDS to be improved upon, and that is sieges. The sieges in that game were such a tedius and cumbersome affair. It was painful to watch an army try to walk down a city street with all the limitations of clipping and what not.

Beyond that, I definitely would appreciate a greater degree of realism to the battles and make the non-battle part a little more fulfilling as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom