Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Yпадок 21, Возвращение

Grif

Learned
I'm guessing I'm dead.

Sincere apologies for the anti-climatic chainstalling, I had wanted Dayy to switch my mail to Bing/Hotmail in preparation for my Chinese trip, and that didn't happen.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
This turn marked the greatest battle Man had in this game so far, and the greatest one I had in a long while. It's ironic that my opponent actually staled. But from the looks of things, Gath's army was well-scripted and well-prepared, including equip, gems and whatnot.

The battle happened in Gath's fortress Lorborough, between Man's main army and what I suppose is Gath's main army.

JOr5qnJ.jpg

z5SYb2L.jpg

For whatever reason I expected to see a lot of blood magic on Gath's part. My idea was this guy:

yHoTuOE.jpg

Scripted to cast Time Stop, followed by 2 Earthquakes. My 2 Kings of Elemental Earth were scripted to cast Earthquakes on turn 1 as follow up. So that's 4 EQ's in total, which should have taken care of all blood slaves on the battlefield. Man's own forces were protected by Mass Flight, naturally.

As you see on screenshots above, Gath didn't have all that many blood slaves, so I wasted a ton of E gems and mage turns for nothing. The battle was long and gruelsome.

iNVzLil.jpg

DGyXZMS.jpg

STpNVqq.jpg

iAVkHQt.jpg

EYUnRB6.jpg

yBwrlg8.jpg

gvNudyB.jpg

Gath made a single mistake which costed him the entire army - Rigor Mortis.

It may seem like a good idea at first, but we were fighting for Gath's fort, meaning Gath has nowhere to escape. I'm sure Gath knew perfectly well that Man always casts Mists of Deception and Howl - you can see on screenshots above that Gath's forces didn't manage to make a breakthrough outside the walls, towards' Man's mages. Just too much stuff blocking the way.

yBwrlg8.jpg

By casting Rigor Mortis Gath condemned the battle to end by time limit, where both sides retreat.

dzbWGf8.jpg

Man didn't lose much during that retreat.

Gath... wasn't so lucky.

0sSFzy0.jpg

However, this battle costed life for Wolfgang Von Cross, the beloved prophet of Kromus, nicknamed "Vulcan Cannon of Man"

HU0EKZa.jpg

May he rest in peace. :salute:

sqeecoo

Arcane
Hey, come on!!! I stalled, that was not the plan at all! The army was scripted against TC, no proper preparation was done :negative:

The vamps didn't have D gems for shadow blast, the little guys were planned to cast like 25 magic duels :(

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
My EQ's interrupted quite a few Gath's spellcastings, I suppose Darkness was among them. Because there was no reason not to cast it, literally.

shadow blast

Doubtful. Antimagic was up from turn 1, and Tower Guards were formed into lines.

magic duels

Against what, S3 Shadow Seers? Yeah, no.

If there was a thing that could save you, it's Blood Rain + Wailing Winds, hoping for early rout. Without Rigor Mortis, of course.

Dat wolf, tho

zYF0PXS.jpg

Must be Grandson of Fenrer, I swear

VIDEO PLIZ

Too much of a chore. Check your email for the turn.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Against your 20 or so magisters? And yeah, blood magic + darkness, my own time stop, will of the fates, army of rats, all kinds of plans were left totally unscripted :( Fuck me. I mean, I don't think I would have won but who knows, and if this was a good battle for you, that one would have been even better. Anticlimactic, I am disappoint.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Against your 20 or so magisters?

IIRC, when you cast Magic Duel, the best of opponet's S mages intercepts and tries to beat the caster in magic duel. So as long as my Shadow Seers are alive, your Magic Duels wouldn't hit my Magisters.

At least, that's how it worked in Dominions 4.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Oh, really? Didn't know that. Would have lost a lot of duels then :) Still, those little guy are super cheap. And I mean I never even got off antimagic, army of gold, firestorm, nothing :((((((((

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Oh God, just noticed I staled last turn. Fuck. I uploaded the attachment and forgot to send the mail itself. Sorry guys, staling at this point is so stupid :(

sqeecoo

Arcane
Today's the football match,
and I am already a drunken wretch.
I ain't got time to burn,
Today's alchohol's turn.
So if you would condescend,
I bid you, please: extend!

Last edited:

sqeecoo

Arcane
Meh I'm not typical croatian either I couldn't care less about football
(but that still means I care a little)

but when the national team plays it's a good opportunity to hang out :)

sqeecoo

Arcane
Can we get like 12-16 h on this one so I don't have to do scripting a laptop tinier than my dick? Thanks!

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Postoned hosting 'coz I submitted my turn thrice but llama just doesn't give a shit. Hoping it's just an hiccup on their part, I will look into this tomorrow.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Wtf happened? Looks like Matalarata and I got a stale turn for no reason? The next turn went through immediately somehow. FFS.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
According to game page, both Gath and C'tis submitted their turns, and Man was the last to submit. I did my turn and sent it over. Llama hosted and now it looks like both of you staled somehow.

What now? Rolling back or moving on?

sqeecoo

Arcane
I'm ok with moving on, at least my main army didn't fight a huge battle unscripted this time :D

Dunno what happened, maybe cause Matalarata and I submitted our turns 543953 times last night and then one 2h file mysteriously went through as the right one for the next turn?

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Yep, llama had a brainfart of sort. First, I tried sending my turn thrice over the span of about one hour with no effect as such, I postponed. Today I woke up with 40+ new messages, some about submitting my turn, some about revising my turn and some about submitting the wrong turn.

...let's just roll on.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom