Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Your favorite grinding game?

Stefan Vujovic

Educated
This might sound dumb to someone who never played it but dear god had i grind in Disciples 2. Even the smallest maps could take you hours to finish.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
D2 ladder HC classic solo just doing everything yourself and missing 1.08 when things weren't shit.

i grew just too bored of diablo 2, i spent ages on it, i doubt i'll ever play it again.

You should try mods, especially Median XL - Ultimative. Although if you want to play on realm I'd wait for the incoming patch since it's pretty dead right before reset.

For grinding I think my all time favorite was Aion 1.5 where your brain transcended from pain to pleasure as you ran fire temple hundreds of times for the 0.0001 chance to get your extending pvp class weapon with other drops being garbage. I still miss that game.

i loathe median xl.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Gothic 2 NK new game start this way - hoard as many coins as possible, buy shapeshifting scrolls (the toughest beasts the better) then clear out the Khorinis from any hostile forces with exception of the toughest cookies and start the game with fistful of skillpoint.
Don't care about trophies because money is not a concern later.
That's why I can't play Gothic 1* or 3 again.

*there is a mod called Enhanced Edition that add free ice missile rune and amulet of mana regen at the beginning of guildless wandering and (getting) ass kicking.

And Path of Exile too with Atlas of Maps(c) that give you work for some time...

Other are Diablo 1 mod like The Hell (the only decent h'n's not spoiled by D2 retarded concept of save+quit and stuff).
Can't play D2 or D3, they bore me to tears these days...

Years ago I tested some consoles (later crisis came and it become "expensive toys" that I could not afford anymore) and one of them - Monster Hunter got that grind for monster parts to craft equipment. Still thinking about coming back but that shit was too time consuming...

RuySan

Augur
Any good time waster for android? Every single one I tried was terrible. Only fire emblem was tolerable but not a patch on the real fire emblem games

Citizen

I used dosbox and played World of Xeen on android tablet. Any blobber which can be played using only on-screen buttons should be fine.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Other are Diablo 1 mod like The Hell (the only decent h'n's not spoiled by D2 retarded concept of save+quit and stuff).
Does this Hell mod change the D1 save system or does it stay unchanged?

It's unchanged.
That's what I love it. Belzebub have many technical changes (resolution and flexibility) but fucking up by bringing D2 save system is just disgusting.
Fortunately the sequel - The Hell 2 - bring these technical improvements with no changes to save system.

Any good time waster for android? Every single one I tried was terrible. Only fire emblem was tolerable but not a patch on the real fire emblem games
Your best bet is to find emulators for Android (like PPSSPP) and then find games from the emulated platform (for PSP I remember Dungeon Siege - Throne of Agony which is the only decent Dung Siege game in the series).

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Have you tried Tales of Illyria?

RuySan

Augur
Have you tried Tales of Illyria?
I did, but it's a bit complicated to play while running to catch the bus.

And using emulators is out of the question. I tried the GBA one to play fire emblem and I hate virtual dpads.

I tried some of these f2p games and as expected almost every single one of them is terrible. But Dungeon Monsters seems a nice SMT like blobber although with F2p mechanics.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom