Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Your recommended CRPGs from the last decade?

Drowed

Arcane
Underrail is 90% a great game and 10% Deep Caverns. It is curious, it seems that there is a universal constant, a cosmic law that forces (almost) all great games to have a beginning and an extremely satisfactory evolution to have an irritating or anticlimatic ending maps.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Underrail is 90% a great game and 10% Deep Caverns. It is curious, it seems that there is a universal constant, a cosmic law that forces (almost) all great games [...]

If Underrail, which came out in 2015, is "a great game", then Fallout and Jagged Alliance 2 are god-tier, the works of gods themselves.

Underrail came out 18 years after Fallout and 16 years after Jagged Alliance 2.

And yet, if anyone stood them side by side on stage, Underrail would be laughed, booed and egged off immediately!

Insert literally any current gen RPG you'd like to in substitution of Underrail.

Fallout and Jagged Alliance 2 are the unreachable apex.

barghwata

Savant
Underrail is 90% a great game and 10% Deep Caverns. It is curious, it seems that there is a universal constant, a cosmic law that forces (almost) all great games to have a beginning and an extremely satisfactory evolution to have an irritating or anticlimatic ending maps.

Agreed, the deep caverns were extremely disappointing even though i was already expecting a drop in quality by the end, if not for it Underrail would probably be in my top 5 easily, but it's such a blast before getting to that point that you can't help but love it.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
If Underrail, which came out in 2015, is "a great game", then Fallout and Jagged Alliance 2 are god-tier, the works of gods themselves.

Underrail came out 18 years after Fallout and 16 years after Jagged Alliance 2.

And yet, if anyone stood them side by side on stage, Underrail would be laughed, booed and egged off immediately!
So what, Underrail is just too hard for you? That's OK: Reddit has a plenty of people who found Underrail to be too hard and didn't like it.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
if not for it Underrail would probably be in my top 5 easily

But you've only RECENTLY played a few of the greatest RPGs of all-time. Newfag top 5's are utterly irrelevant. :smug:

Indeed, I'd go so far as to say that 90% of your posts are based on startling ignorance, and that you should stop posting.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
lilura has autism, please be kind and understanding

I don't spend months on end shilling for BG3 and BG:EEs. You even said that Charisma impacts party-size limit in Fallout. When corrected, you didn't acknowledge your error. Indeed, you continued to shitpost.

I didn't think it was possible for your posting aptitude to decline, but it has. Please, lift your game.

Codex Year of the Donut
lilura has autism, please be kind and understanding

I don't spend months on end shilling for BG3 and BG:EEs. You even said that Charisma impacts party-size limit in Fallout. When corrected, you didn't acknowledge your error. Indeed, you continued to shitpost.

I didn't think it was possible for your posting aptitude to decline, but it has. Please, lift your game.
Admitting you're wrong is a sign of weakness.

barghwata

Savant
But you've only RECENTLY played a few of the greatest RPGs of all-time. Newfag top 5's are utterly irrelevant. :smug:

Indeed, I'd go so far as to say that 90% of your posts are based on startling ignorance, and that you should stop posting.

Listen if my posts are that triggering to you, you can always ignore me i don't mind, as for Underrail i agree with you that Fallout shits on it completely but i find it very odd that YOU of all people would say that, considering the fact that Underrail shits on Fallout in terms of combat mechanics, character progression, encounter design, itemisation etc....... if you were half the combatfag or so called "combat connoisseur" you claim to be you would be signing the praises of underrail not Fallout.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Listen if my posts are that triggering to you, you can always ignore me i don't mind, as for Underrail i agree with you that Fallout shits on it completely but i find it very odd that YOU of all people would say that, considering the fact that Underrail shits on Fallout in terms of combat mechanics, character progression, encounter design, itemisation etc....... if you were half the combatfag or so called "combat connoisseur" you claim to be you would be signing the praises of underrail not Fallout.

No, I wouldn't. Fallout and Fallout 2 combat system, char-building, encounter design and itemization is MUCH more interesting than Underrail.

bozar24.jpg

And the funny thing is, they're not even the best in respect to combat. I did mention Jagged Alliance 2 as well, which you haven't even played. :smug:

barghwata

Savant
No, I wouldn't. Fallout and Fallout 2 combat system, char-building, encounter design and itemization is MUCH more interesting than Underrail.
My friend, you are the epitome of a "closet storyfag", imagine calling yourself a combat fag and putting FO1 and 2 and fucking ARCANUM in your top 10 rpgs of all time list Lmao, in fact i am sure you even stated once that Planescape Torment is in your top 15, just come out of the closet already Lilura, there are so many storyfags in the dex who will welcome you with open arms.

And the funny thing is, they're not even the best in respect to combat. I did mention Jagged Alliance 2 as well, which you haven't even played. :smug:

I have played it (though admittedly i never got around to finishing it) and i am not sure why you even brought it up, literally no one on the dex (no one in their right mind at least) contests the fact that JA2 has better combat then Underrail or any other rpg for that matter, you're just trying to change the topic at this point.......

Goldschmidt

Learned
Path Of Exile's complexity beats Underrail by miles imao. Very advanced character development system in combination with an advanced item system and currency system. The very core of a rpg. The character builds are endless. Also real time combat over slow pace tb. But yeah for the codex hivemind, anything that is tb is a godsend lol.

Path of Exile is without a doubt the best RPG this decade. Not underrail, not kingmaker, not DOS 1 + 2, not Witcher 3, not Shadowrun but Path of Exile reigns supreme.

I wouldn't jump on the train now but wait for Path of Exile 2.

1) Path of Exile
2) Legend of Grimrock
3) Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Path Of Exile's complexity beats Underrail by miles imao. Very advanced character development system in combination with an advanced item system and currency system. The very core of a rpg. The character builds are endless. Also real time combat over slow pace tb. But yeah for the codex hivemind, anything that is tb is a godsend lol.

Path of Exile is without a doubt the best RPG this decade. Not underrail, not kingmaker, not DOS 1 + 2, not Witcher 3, not Shadowrun but Path of Exile reigns supreme.

I wouldn't jump on the train now but wait for Path of Exile 2.

1) Path of Exile
2) Legend of Grimrock
3) Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

rofl

what ever happened to subtle trolls

Goldschmidt

Learned
rofl

what ever happened to subtle trolls

Everyone that doesn't masturbate to Fallout or Underrail, is put on the stake by the autistic codex hivemind. The codex cannot take criticism and they resort to calling people heretics or trolls. Nothing may come between them and their autistic games. Underrail just breathes autism and no that doesn't mean it is very complex.

prengle

Savant
  • undertale (RPG of the Decade™)
  • the deltarune demo
  • experimental rpg maker games (space funeral, lisa, hylics, oneshot, middens, etc.)
  • and of course... grimoire. not quite my cup of tea, but id be even more ashamed of myself by i didnt at least mention it
aaaaand that's it! by and large, mankind almost collectively forgot how to make compelling videogames as dubya's second term crept along, and the medium will probably never fully recover. suffer. :obviously:

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
How to Lose all Credibility in a Single Statement -- fantadomat, 2020.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I've played Underrail. I reviewed it. Didn't say it was shit. Liked it at first. But no.

Just another cheap imitation. Now I don't review current gen games.

Except maybe Realms Beyond.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I've played Underrail. I reviewed it. Didn't say it was shit. Liked it at first. But no.

Just another cheap imitation. Now I don't review current gen games.

Except maybe Realms Beyond.
Ahh it most likely it is a personal/cultural thing,both of those games are made by fellow slavs,thu it is more closer to my interests and views. For me fallout always felt like a joke or comics,it did lacked seriousness and grit. Also combat in fallout games is terrible,easily the worst part of the games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom