Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Codex FOnline thread

Redeye

Arcane
gaurKI8.png

They are not our friends! They are our foes!

Last edited:

Eyeball

Arcane
The problem with the daily quests is that they're not sharable, meaning you gotta run them several times for every man in your group to earn the rewards. Caravans do on the other hand give XP and cash rewards to every man involved in them.

Caravans from Hub to VC in a group seem to me to be the best source of income straight income, as well as yielding a bunch of guns from random encounters. 3000 XP and 2000 caps per person really adds up with a larger group and most of the hard Rogue and Khan encounters between Shady Sands and Vault City are managable with tommygun or M60 bursts at bunched raiders.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
No worries brothers, we are steadily rising in power and as far as I can see, in players too!

Im level 22, and there are brothers at level 26 and around so there certainly is no mine shaft level gap!

But better weapons would be usefull, yes.

Edit:
New items unlocked for everybody:
Metal Armor
14mm Pistol
Plasma Pistol ext cap

Good good!

Last edited:

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Good quests to do with a crew:
- I Smell a Rat (Junktown) - I know, rats, but me and CJP had problems due to the ammount of Mutated Mole Rats that swarm. Best done by at least two people.
- Pestis' quest, A Potential Threat (Boneyard) - fighting lots of Small Deathclaws, kinda like training for the Warehouse.
- Strong Arm of the Law (Hub) - fighting raiders with good weapons, even assault rifles. Seems like the kind of thing to bring a crew to.
These are all repeatable, btw.

There's also I Won't Give you Squat, which can be completed with violence, but you get -300 karma for terminating the drifters but it seems you get a lot more loot. Might be better done alone, idk.

Those are all easily soloable in TB after around lvl 20 or so, depending on your build. TB really does make a huge difference with NPCs, in RT it's far too easy to get swarmed when you're alone against multiple opponents.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Is it still ridicolously easy to grind up on molerats? Used to be the shit back in the day, punching molerats in the eyes for 300xp a pop and they have a special crit modifier that makes them instadie upon eyeshot :P

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Yeah well, this is more in the interests of helping newbies level up. I got Chinese Jetpilot from level 3 to 9, and some nice gear and cash too, so he can fend for himself now.

Yeah I meant that a single character is enough to help the lowbies as long as they stay out of harm's way, that way the kill xp is only divided into two and leveling will be even quicker.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Good quests to do with a crew:
- I Smell a Rat (Junktown) - I know, rats, but me and CJP had problems due to the ammount of Mutated Mole Rats that swarm. Best done by at least two people.
- Pestis' quest, A Potential Threat (Boneyard) - fighting lots of Small Deathclaws, kinda like training for the Warehouse.
- Strong Arm of the Law (Hub) - fighting raiders with good weapons, even assault rifles. Seems like the kind of thing to bring a crew to.
These are all repeatable, btw.

There's also I Won't Give you Squat, which can be completed with violence, but you get -300 karma for terminating the drifters but it seems you get a lot more loot. Might be better done alone, idk.

Those are all easily soloable in TB after around lvl 20 or so, depending on your build. TB really does make a huge difference with NPCs, in RT it's far too easy to get swarmed when you're alone against multiple opponents.

Yeah well, this is more in the interests of helping newbies level up. I got Chinese Jetpilot from level 3 to 9, and some nice gear and cash too, so he can fend for himself now.

No worries brothers, we are steadily rising in power and as far as I can see, in players too!

Im level 22, and there are brothers at level 26 and around so there certainly is no mine shaft level gap!

But better weapons would be usefull, yes.

Edit:
New items unlocked for everybody:
Metal Armor
14mm Pistol
Plasma Pistol ext cap

Good good!

Niiice, we gotta stock up on blueprints and monopolize them as much as possible in order to delay widespread adoption, concentrate them in our few crafters.
Might want to be more careful with 14mm Pistol and Plasma Pistol ext cap around, that shit fucks up your armor, bad.

We gotta get a crew with a lockpicker and traper and go raid Sierra Caves, you can fight TB there, our perfect element.
I have the lockpick needed. So we can group and do that shit.

Redeye

Arcane
I'm maxing almost all my skils. BTW, is there any reason to go to 200% or beyond with a weapon skill? I got 179% Small Guns, 119% FA, 100% Close Combat and 100% Outdoorsman. Thinking about investing in Lockpick after I finish FA.

100-200% Close Combat gives you the extra speed, nothing more beyond 200%.
95 Outdoorsman is max usable, unless they have changed it again.

St. Toxic

Arcane
My chars have some crafting profs. Lvl2Guns/Armor on St. Toxic, while Ragnar Clint is a lvl 1 scientist. I could max out his craftskills at any time though.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Panssarikauhu has Lvl 1 chemist / Lvl 1 armorsmith / Lvl 2 gunsmith - should make the trip to bump those first two into lvl 2, actually. Oh and Deagle exp. mag. and Scoped Hunting Rifle (thanks to Zdzisiu!) are the BP's I currently have.

Last edited:

St. Toxic

Arcane
Armorsmith lvl 2 is completely pointless at this point in time. I also have BP for all the tier 1 armors except Metal Armor.

kryminator

Augur
Smoky Joe has scientist lvl 3. Unfortunately I just noticed that there is some game tech progress system, so the third level is useless for now. He has also level 1 armorer.

Norfleet

Then we make our faction and go to war.

We got the Furherbunker, we got enough gear to equip a small army, we will get our vehicles and then we will unleash hell upon our foes!
How does this work? What does this cost? How many boxen should I commit to this? What particular esoteric roles need a pylon built to cover? It doesn't look as if this game is particularly demanding on system specs, which is encouraging since I can employ greater virtualization that way.
desiretoknowmore.jpg

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
War at this stage would be ridiculously premature. Some random PK is all good and fun, but it is not like some lowbie rush would help us win against established clans full of veteran players. Those nigs have been PKing through all of last session and know the game like Melcar knows every street hooker. Picking fights with them would just deplete what little resources we have and make us a target. Also, there would be no point to tangle in town control unless we actually had faction status to reap the rewards, so getting our official Machete Rape Squad faction should be the first major expenditure following the bunker.

As for vehicles, they can be good to move a group somewhere quickly, but really, a 1 charisma dude who does Crispy's quest in Junktown and eats some mentats can lead 6 nigguhs. Put on a Mad Max jacket and you can lead 7. Should be enough for most everything we do. Greasy truck is good for hauling loot back to base, but for rapid deployment vehicles (which should be left in safe locations near whatever place we drop in on) we should get some fast cars. Still, faction status first in my opinion.

So yeah, priority now is to level up good characters (no point in wasting time on gimp builds) and to harvest more resources. We need good equipment, blueprints for our crafters, AP-reduced weapons, +1 AP armour and big yehzah to get faction status. In short: We need more pylons!

Redeye

Arcane
How much does faction status cost?

Also, what kind of base to put near each location/spawn point?

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Faction status costs 500k yehudimzahav! The bunker cost 200k and the cheapest bases come at 30k I think, but tents are a good and inexpensive solution if you don't need a permanent base of operations.

Tents can also be shared with other people as long as they are present when you set them up.

Norfleet

How does one get this game, and how demanding in terms of scheduling is keeping up? How much work is needed to maintain one character? Wife is not back yet, so if we are to attack, I am going to have to work double-shift. Not to mention level of demand affects number of troops I can effectively field. Use of turn-based would probably make controlling an entire party solo a lot easier, and low system reqs make it feasible to field more multiboxes since I can multiclient or use VMs instead of full boxen. How politically stable is this game environment, dev-wise? Is this game likely to collapse or erupt into some kind of insane witch hunt? How large is this game? I like that this seems to be a relatively insular game with a limited playerbase, as trying to wage war alone against a massive MMO is impractical, but it has its own downsides if the devs are hostile. Are there any issues I should be aware of?
desiretoknowmore.jpg

Norfleet

Hmm, interesting. So I can maintain an army of mules and crafters if I just camp out in the base with them, and if they all travel unarmed, I can move them about as a "taxi" in an "open encounter". What does these things mean? Is this helpful in any way?

Do we have enough manpower, or is this a largely futile effort to get involved with?

And out of curiosity, who runs this and how are they not being sued?

Redeye

Arcane
Multiboxin' be against the rules: http://forum.fonline2.com/index.php?topic=3725.0

Whether they actually do IP checks (tbh I kinda doubt it) or just go by reports of people who see obviously named groups like Multi1, Multi2 and their pal Multi3 is anyone's guess.

They have a special monitor screen. Character name is shown next to IP.
Being caught depends on if anyone is looking at the monitor.

Redeye

Arcane
Hmm, interesting. So I can maintain an army of mules and crafters if I just camp out in the base with them, and if they all travel unarmed, I can move them about as a "taxi" in an "open encounter". What does these things mean? Is this helpful in any way?

Do we have enough manpower, or is this a largely futile effort to get involved with?

And out of curiosity, who runs this and how are they not being sued?

They are not charging money, so it is ok to do this, legally.

As for manpower, we have enough for a gang, just need to synchronize times for major operations.
The rest of the time we operate as solos, making use of the communal resource network, or as small teams of PK/quest runners.

I'm saving up for vehicles and a base network to cover all spawn points and locations.

Norfleet

They have a special monitor screen. Character name is shown next to IP.
Being caught depends on if anyone is looking at the monitor.
Hmm, so I should avoid doing things that would draw attention, even if technically legal by RAW, by not using the same IP. Devs are not really known for their respect for even their own rules, I find.

Redeye

Arcane
Hmm, so I should avoid doing things that would draw attention, even if technically legal by RAW, by not using the same IP. Devs are not really known for their respect for even their own rules, I find.

If you are just swapping inventories among characters, they don't seem to care at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom