Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wildstar - Next NCSoft MMORPG

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Yeah this game is ok. At least they're not merging servers.

notmergerserver.jpg

M-meg-merger-ser-
wearefine.jpg

No Steve, that's MEGAserver.
Stay wild, son.
Stay subbed.

RK47

Patron
wtf-star.png

PLESAE REMAIN SUBBED
I KNOW DUNGEON IS HARD
BUT WE WANT U TO SUCCEED
NERF RAID? NO WAI
TRAIN HARDER SCRUB

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Thank god and all that is holy we abandoned this ship after first month. I love this game just because it cured my girlfriend MMORPG addiction.
She now only play Sims all day, which seems to be cured soon thanks to EA and sims 4. Life is gud.

RK47

Patron
Thank god and all that is holy we abandoned this ship after first month. I love this game just because it cured my girlfriend MMORPG addiction.
She now only play Sims all day, which seems to be cured soon thanks to EA and sims 4. Life is gud.
Should hug her from behind every night when she plays the Sims. :3

Drakron

Arcane
PLESAE REMAIN SUBBED
I KNOW DUNGEON IS HARD
BUT WE WANT U TO SUCCEED
NERF RAID? NO WAI
TRAIN HARDER SCRUB

I am starting to wonder if its true WoW peaked back when Raiding was casual.

I think that its true as MMO demographics got older and people simply cannot spend a whole week preparing for a Raid, I also think this is something developers brought themselves by focusing so much on Raiding people stopped looking at it as a activity but as a objective, if a raid fail then it did but it simply became something that people had to spend so much time and effort they simplu cannot accept failure, the elitism behavior just got work and drove people off because Raiding was pain either way and in the end its simply all there is.

MapMan

Arcane
Can anyone quickly summarize what happened to this? I lost track somewhere before release. It looked cool on video. What has happened and why the outrage?

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Can anyone quickly summarize what happened to this? I lost track somewhere before release. It looked cool on video. What has happened and why the outrage?
This week's revelation that WildStar Design Producer Stephen Frost is quitting his role is not the first and likely won't be the last blow to the beleaguered game. Carbine lost several high-profile developers before and after launch, and with raiding guilds abandoning the title, server merges on the way, endgame grind being scaled back, updates being heavily delayed, and Christmas being canceled, even more players are losing faith in the title.

Quote from Massively article - looks like another mmo project that didn't get the expected amount of subscribers so they're slowing down the development/restructuring. I doubt that it's "dying" as in "servers shut down early 2015" but it's not a hit in the market.

Last edited:

MapMan

Arcane
Ok thanks. What about the dungeons/raids? Why are they problematic (is that the reason raiding guilds quit)? Are they too hard?

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
That wolfseyes person has a point tho - why are people cheering over a failing mmo, especially one that doesn't have a horrible mobile like p2w model or something?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
That wolfseyes person has a point tho - why are people cheering over a failing mmo, especially one that doesn't have a horrible mobile like p2w model or something?

TESO fans.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's the same reason Satan enjoys watching people go to Hell.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ok thanks. What about the dungeons/raids? Why are they problematic (is that the reason raiding guilds quit)? Are they too hard?

They require heavy coordination and team play, one tiny mistake lead to wipe and that lead to losing silver/gold medal for that dungeon (which was a part of attunement quest chaib to enter the raids)
Add bugs require you to reset dungeons and unsatisfying rewards onto this, most people get sick of the game even before entering raids.

Zeriel

Arcane

They require heavy coordination and team play, one tiny mistake lead to wipe and that lead to losing silver/gold medal for that dungeon (which was a part of attunement quest chaib to enter the raids)
Add bugs require you to reset dungeons and unsatisfying rewards onto this, most people get sick of the game even before entering raids.

Difficulty and teamwork? What an abomination! No wonder it failed horribly in the sea of casuals that is the western MMO market.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
You must've missed the Codex outrage at the devs refusing to lower raid difficulty, instead opting to make a "training" dungeon for people to learn the mechanics. It's a few pages back.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Because its a shit game. Carbine were promising the second cumming of mmos with this crap and instead they came out with the next run of the mill wow wannabe.

Cromwell

Arcane
Because its a shit game. Carbine were promising the second cumming of mmos with this crap and instead they came out with the next run of the mill wow wannabe.

The fuck? They said they wanted to make a game like classic wow only slightly better, and it is a good game. Dont cry because it is a mmo or because it is not sandboxy enough or whatever. What it wanted to do, provide a experience for people who liked vanilla wow, it did very well. I would Understand if one doesnt like MMOs in general or this Theme Park type in particular, but for a themepark mmo its a very good one, its far more entertaining then guild wars or rift and I think aside from maybe the "refindeness" for lack of a beter word, of wow its also a better game than wow, if you arent one of the crying "its far too hard" masses.

So why do you think its a shit game?

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
The fuck? They said they wanted to make a game like classic wow only slightly better, and it is a good game. Dont cry because it is a mmo or because it is not sandboxy enough or whatever. What it wanted to do, provide a experience for people who liked vanilla wow, it did very well. I would Understand if one doesnt like MMOs in general or this Theme Park type in particular, but for a themepark mmo its a very good one, its far more entertaining then guild wars or rift and I think aside from maybe the "refindeness" for lack of a beter word, of wow its also a better game than wow, if you arent one of the crying "its far too hard" masses.

So why do you think its a shit game?

I was left with a completely different impression from their marketing campaign before release, but that's not really the problem. The problem is that I found the setting, the quests and most of all the gameplay utterly generic and boring. To be honest I got more enjoyment out of swtor than this. I expected it to be something more like coh or at least to provide a pinch of creativty. Im not the biggest fan of theme park mmos, but I can certainly enjoy a good one for what it is and I found wildstar to be subpar at most.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom