Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A bit of incline, Donkey Kong Country Returns

LazyD

Liturgist
Felix said:
LazyD said:
hay guys Nintendo is recycling an IP they've already recycled about 5 times

SURPRISE!!

:retarded: :M

:retarded:

One more ignorant fucker tried too hard, it's been like more than 10 years and 18 years in SMB case.

Hope they will revive old school Zelda next

There too deep in the popamole to bring back 'old school zelda' whatever that is.

As for it being 10 years since the last DK.. Who the fuck cares they came out with liek 5 DK's. Do something new. Oh wait its nintendo.. The company that made leik 10 fucking mario parties. 5 of which were for the N64 or some shit.

Get this dumbed down nintendo shit off the 'Dex n do everyone a favor :smug:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Dude, nintendo's probably released more games by themselves than everyone in north america combined. I think they're entitled to rehash an IP for the fifth time as their 1000th game.

Felix

Arcane
LazyD said:
Felix said:
LazyD said:

SURPRISE!!

:retarded: :M

:retarded:

One more ignorant fucker tried too hard, it's been like more than 10 years and 18 years in SMB case.

There too deep in the popamole to bring back 'old school zelda' whatever that is.

As for it being 10 years since the last DK.. Who the fuck cares they came out with liek 5 DK's. Do something new. Oh wait its nintendo.. The company that made leik 10 fucking mario parties. 5 of which were for the N64 or some shit.

Get this dumbed down nintendo shit off the 'Dex n do everyone a favor :smug:

Never , sorry :smug: and I meant 2d sidescrolling game and I love them not other spin off shit, SMB gone back, and the 'other' gamers got back into the game and it broke all sales records. :love:

entertainer

Arbiter
You have no new messages

Check-out Codex Merchandise - Buy stuff from Amazon - Link Converter
T-Shirt Hell | Amazon.com | Amazon.ca | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Fishpond.co.nz
(buying stuff via the above links helps us pay the hosting bills)

Donate and get rid
of these pesky ads!

Codex T-Shirts RPG Codex :: Latest News
Legerdemain & other assorted Roguelike Updates
DeathSpank finally coming to PC
On Game Design and Deus Ex: Human Revolution Tacticular Cancer :: Latest News
Shogun 2: Morder Dem
Squad Battles: Red Victory at Armchair General
AGEOD on Pride of Nations
Codex Mugs

A bit of incline, Donkey Kong Country Returns
Goto page 1, 2 Next

The Codex Forums -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic
Felix

Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 08:32:03 Post subject: A bit of incline, Donkey Kong Country Returns

Still wait for Nintendo fall conference to see if there is any new info

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVq7XNV7K0w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKuWfiD6nwo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LhIBif4QkU

Being made by an American studio checked

Locate in Texas checked

Name Retro Studio checked

Metroid Prime goodness checked (save for Corruption because of that douchbag Sakamoto)

Donkey Kong Country checked

You can't complain about wapanese now

Last edited by Felix on Sun Sep 19, 2010 16:38:56; edited 1 time in total

ScottishMartialArts
Tranny Whore

Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 08:55:39 Post subject:

Looks exactly like DKC...

Felix

Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 16:38:38 Post subject:

Fuck this popamole codex.

Lightknight

Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 16:43:37 Post subject:

Eh, its just another Wii-exclusive or some such shit. I'll never see it.

Anyway, something feels really off. Jumping on enemies is somehow not as satisfying to see, and Donkey Kong doesnt even do a gorilla running animation, instead he kinda hops a bit sideways...wtf ?

Felix

Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 16:47:40 Post subject:

At least it's not popamole.

Elzair
-

Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 17:51:18 Post subject:

Who cares? Wake me when they make another REAL SMB.
Let's Review Dragon Age: Origins (Revised version)
Let's Play Ultima: From Akalabeth to Ascension (currently on the Black Gate)

POOPOO MCBUMFACE

Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 17:54:21 Post subject:

I didn't like DKC. 2 wasn't bad, but the gameplay of the series just wasn't great, seems its wow factor was mostly in the pretty graphics than anything else.
Quote:
Who cares? Wake me when they make another REAL SMB.

NSMB/NSMB:Wii don't do it for you?
_________________BLOBERT wrote:
BROS FACE IT YOU FAGS ARE MOSTLY NEW SHIT COCKSLAVES

A DECENT INDIE GAMES COMES OUT AND NO ONE GI ES A SHIT OR LOTS OF OLD CLASSICS ARE AROUND THAT NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT PLAYING BROS

Melcar

Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 18:48:31 Post subject:

Looks... alright. As long as it's more DKC1 and less DKC3 (and none of the horrible DKC 64), then it's all good.
And yeah, the only good SMB was the first one. Latter revisions started to get to serious business.

Pablosdog

Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 19:36:48 Post subject:

I assume you guys mean super mario bros and not super monkey ball right? If so, Mario 3 and World were much much superior than the first one, and have yet to have been topped.

LazyD

Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 20:30:50 Post subject:

SURPRISE!!

Melcar

Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 20:39:56 Post subject:

Nintendo, Nintendo never changes.

Klaz

Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 23:20:27 Post subject:

They should make an actual Wario Land game, like the ones for the Game Boy. Now those were damned fun games.

Lavoisier

Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 00:37:17 Post subject:

I want a new mario party game like the ones on N64
_________________AndhairaX wrote:
You are easily amused Marcelo. I personally prefer my comedy to be of a more cereberal nature.

chicago_bankroll wrote:
Live every day like it's your last, because someday it will be. Dream. Discover. Explore. Go down the path less traveled. Take only photographs, leave only footprints. Don't be so damn selfish all the time. Call your mother. Smoke some pot, everything will be okay.

Clockwork Knight

Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 00:50:01 Post subject:

^The Mario Party games fucked my controllers. To this day, the analog sticks look like limp dicks.

I remember borrowing DKC1 rom a friend. I forgot to give it back to him and spent a portion of the summer trying to beat it.
_________________nomask7 wrote:
If you've ever worked in a kindergarten, you've probably noticed how one child sometimes begins to chant something, such as "all bears are toys, all bears are toys", then other children will join in with him, so that after a while every child in the room is chanting, "all bears are toys, all bears are toys." You might put in, "No they are not. That one in the picture, for example." They would continue, "all bears are toys, all bears are toys."

That really happens, and quite often too. It's also exactly how adults in academia think and behave most of the time.

Lavoisier

Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 01:00:22 Post subject:

Clockwork Knight wrote:
^The Mario Party games fucked my controllers. To this day, the analog sticks look like limp dicks.

Yeah, but those games, super smash bros and goldeneye were all great fun with 3 friends, good memories. By the way, there's a way to fix those analog sticks, I just don't remember how. Google it if you want.
_________________AndhairaX wrote:
You are easily amused Marcelo. I personally prefer my comedy to be of a more cereberal nature.

chicago_bankroll wrote:
Live every day like it's your last, because someday it will be. Dream. Discover. Explore. Go down the path less traveled. Take only photographs, leave only footprints. Don't be so damn selfish all the time. Call your mother. Smoke some pot, everything will be okay.

Melcar

Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 01:41:21 Post subject:

Yeah, the first Mario Party game was awesome.

Felix

Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 03:07:11 Post subject:

LazyD wrote:

SURPRISE!!

juggernaut

Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 03:51:48 Post subject:

good to see they kept the music oldschool as well
ScottishMartialArts wrote:
Looks exactly like DKC...

Pablosdog wrote:
Mario 3 and World were much much superior than the first one, and have yet to have been topped.

Felix wrote:

Topher

Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 04:33:27 Post subject:

Felix wrote:
LazyD wrote:

SURPRISE!!

How has it been more 18 years for SMB?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Super_Mario_Bros.

I think it's even getting a sequel.

Felix

Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 04:40:26 Post subject:

The time between Super Mario World (4) and New Super Mario Bros Wii (5).

Dicksmoker
3 balls, 2 dick

Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 05:16:31 Post subject:

Meh. I'm not all that excited about this. I'd been hoping for a new DK for a long time (I loved the originals on the SNES) but I was hoping for some sort of evolution, not just a rehash. There's this attitude that sidescrolling is inherently better than 3D as far as platforming is concerned, but I don't buy it. Sure, I suppose there haven't been as many great platformers in 3D as there have been sidescrollers, but look at the focus of 3D platformers. Most of them downgrade the platforming elements and make them adventure games as well. I suppose the premise was that if it's going to be in 3D, it needs to be free-roaming. While it certainly opens up that possibility, it doesn't necessarily have to be that way. You can still get the linear fast paced experience of a 2D platformer in 3D. Look at the Crash Bandicoot games. They did exactly that, gave linear levels in 3D, and they were pretty fun too. You may also argue that since something is in 3D it can't be as fast paced as a sidescroller, but I disagree there too. Just because it hasn't been done yet doesn't mean it can't, and I'm pretty sure gamers can take it.

But I definitely see this sort of resignation with Nintendo regarding classic franchises. Okay, so people didn't like DK 64 as much as the originals, but that's because it WASN'T THAT GOOD AS A PLATFORMER. And rather than learn from their mistake and try to figure out how to do it right in 3D, they seem to have given up (Super Mario Galaxy notwithstanding). You see it in a lot of their games. Super Paper Mario. Kirby's Epic Yarn. Metroid: Other M. Super Mario Bros Wii. And now the new DK. I'm not saying these all won't be fun games, but it's nothing special either. In addition it looks like the new DK is being based largely off the first game, which is imo the weakest of the series. Anyway, I'll be playing the game, and like I said earlier, it will probably be fun, but it definitely isn't what I've been waiting all these years for.

Dicksmoker
3 balls, 2 dick

Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 01:26:45 Post subject:

I demand a response to my previous post.

Clockwork Knight

Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 01:41:48 Post subject:

Uh, alright.
Quote:
so people didn't like DK 64 as much as the originals, but that's because it WASN'T THAT GOOD AS A PLATFORMER

Bullshit.
_________________nomask7 wrote:
If you've ever worked in a kindergarten, you've probably noticed how one child sometimes begins to chant something, such as "all bears are toys, all bears are toys", then other children will join in with him, so that after a while every child in the room is chanting, "all bears are toys, all bears are toys." You might put in, "No they are not. That one in the picture, for example." They would continue, "all bears are toys, all bears are toys."

That really happens, and quite often too. It's also exactly how adults in academia think and behave most of the time.

Melcar

Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 02:04:24 Post subject:

Bullshit.

Dicksmoker
3 balls, 2 dick

Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 02:06:13 Post subject:

Keep it up guys.

The Codex Forums -> General Gaming All times are GMT + 3 Hours
Goto page 1, 2 Next
Page 1 of 2
Watch this topic for replies Jump to:

Quick Reply:

Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

The Codex expects that every man shall do his patriotic duty and give internets.