Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ad Banners - About & Problem Reports

Cadmus

Arcane
Thanks for the help, asshole

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Guise ffs fuk i dont know how to report whichever ad is it but something keeps crashing my browser on ipad, both chrome and safari. I dont know what it is cuz as soon as i scroll the window down and the ad is there it crashes the browser immediately. What cen i do?

If you can't verify that it's the exact same ad that this happens with on all the browsers, then it's unlikely that it's due to an ad but more likely due to something on your system. Does iPad even support Flash?

Cadmus

Arcane
I guess not but for embeded videos it shows a 'cant use flash' or smth, picture. So i dont understand why a flash ad should crash it instead showing some error. The ipad isnt mine but i use it a lot, almost exclusively to browse rpgcodex when iam at my gf's so it pisses me off when i gave about a 30% chance a new page will cause a crash. Any ideas what could i do to get around this? Are there any browsers that allow you to disable flash related stuff or smth? I know nothing about ipads but this basnt happened on any other site as far as inremember

SoupNazi

I guess not but for embeded videos it shows a 'cant use flash' or smth, picture. So i dont understand why a flash ad should crash it instead showing some error. The ipad isnt mine but i use it a lot, almost exclusively to browse rpgcodex when iam at my gf's so it pisses me off when i gave about a 30% chance a new page will cause a crash. Any ideas what could i do to get around this? Are there any browsers that allow you to disable flash related stuff or smth? I know nothing about ipads but this basnt happened on any other site as far as inremember

Right. Get rid of the girlfriend using Apple products, then.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member

There's some bit of Arabic text or something that crashes various Apple devices that a bunch of people here were very happy to post in the past and some even have it in their signatures. Check the threads that crash your iPad on the PC and see if anyone posted that text in them or has it in their sig.

But if it actually is something ad-related then the easiest thing to do would be to donate a few bucks and get yourself an ad-free Codex experience and support the site in the process. Win-win.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
While SoupNazi may be an asshole, he's entirely correct that the only solution to your problem is to rid yourself of Apple products. Apple products are inferior and unable to handle basic text. In fact, according to recent reports, they can't even handle encryption properly, meaning your system is horribly insecure and could easily be hijacked.

Cadmus

Arcane
Well for example now bottom of 16. Page in the last of us thread crashed it but i cant check it for the sig

Jesus guys i get it, i fucking loathe apple, too. Iam asking for a solution that doesnt involve me buying a new laptop just to browse one forum

zwanzig_zwoelf

adsucks.jpg

Makes me wonder how much monies they poured into Codex.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
A tragic reminder that you could actually be supporting the Codex by letting the ads load but choose not to. Why is that? Why are you not helping, Excidium?

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Wait, you're paid for LOADING ads, not clicking them?

Some ads do pay per impression, yes, so just letting them load in peace is already contributing even if you don't click them. How our advertising works is explained in the first post in this thread, actually.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
At least my avatar isn't trying to steal anyone's megahurtz, nor does it shit on the page layout

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom