Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ad Banners - About & Problem Reports

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Look at this.. just look at it :(

Nxdiegz.jpg

I think it links from
Code:
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&key=d26aa463ebba8cc5ad2f5d735aae0dae&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rpgcodex.net%2Fforums%2Findex.php%3Fthreads%2Fwhat-can-change-the-nature-of-a-game-torment-tides-of-numenera-kickstarter-is-live.81077%2Fpage-6&v=1&libid=1362598593980&out=http%3A%2F%2Fa.tribalfusion.com%2Fj.u%3Frnd%3D369092655%26redirect%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.youronlinechoices.com%2Fnl%2F&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rpgcodex.net%2Fforums%2Findex.php%3Fthreads%2Fwhat-can-change-the-nature-of-a-game-torment-tides-of-numenera-kickstarter-is-live.81077%2Fpage-5&title=Game%20News%20-%20%22What%20can%20change%20the%20nature%20of%20a%20game%3F%22%20-%20Torment%3A%20Tides%20of%20Numenera%20Kickstarter%20is%20LIVE%20%7C%20Page%206%20%7C%20rpg%20codex%20%3E%20your%20daily%20antidote%20to%20thinking%20you%E2%80%99re%20getting%20anywhere%20in%20the%20world%20of%20CRPGs&txt=&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13625989193932

trying to get more info asap.

EDIT:

I think it's a bad ad, because it does not let me close it.

It just plays shitty videos forever. Yes, I'm logged in to my account. (which is waiting for patron status after the codex fundraisers)

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
VigLink is not related to this. What's the video about/for? Are you seeing this with only this one ad?

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It were different video's, just some never ending stream of inane vid's / ads. Never had it pop up on me before, and it's the only video ad I've noticed so far on the 'Dex (I think)

What's it about is really hard to say but I think it was using cookies to try and come up with content that might be interesting for me. Anyway, next time it shows up I'll try to get more info - kind of hard though , it was a flash video. Should have saved page source or something.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Looks to be a CSS issue with the ad itself and the ad box XF puts it in.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
That's effing weird, it moving completely to the other side. Are you using some beta version of Chrome by any chance? Is anyone else seeing this?

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Version 25.0.1364.160
Google Chrome is up to date.

Dunno.. I'm giving up. Maybe it's more of a Mac issue. (Also: you cannot close that video window you know.. but I guess since it's technically not a pop-up, it's legit)

EDIt:
Ah FFS..

3MmmwPr.png

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Oh, Mac... that would explain why no one else is getting this. Try upgrading your Flash version to the latest. And see if the same thing happens in any other browsers.

Lancehead

Liturgist
I only see these when reading Content pages, but, uh, these are no good:

4zixJaB.jpg
2hjf9Yv.jpg
pt2XxUJ.jpg

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Heh, and I've been wondering why the skyscrapers are actually getting clicks all of a sudden...

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Over 40 Million players!
* Cozy up to an all-female cast of provocative playable characters
* Get down and dirty in titanic PvP battles against hundreds of players
* Repel invaders that have pushed humanity to the brink of extinction
* Control massive mechs to put your enemies in an early grave
* Explore a stunning world with a steamy nightlife

We should review it. You know, for the good of the Codex.

Syl

Cipher
Over 400 Million players!
* Cozy up to an all-female cast of provocative fuckable characters
* Get down and dirty in titanic PvP battles against thousands of players
* Repel invaders that have raped humanity to the brink of extinction
* Control massive multiheaded dicks to put your enemies in an early grave
* Explore a stunning world with a horny nightlife

Scarlet Blade NSFW Trailer (NSFW: Not Safe For WoW)
We should review it. You know, for the good of the Codex.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I got this ad for 2-3 days already and it's freaking annoying:

untitled15ep3y.png

It plays sound on its own everytime, even though I disabled it before. I can't copy the URL of it nor go to the URL since it's a flash video. Wish I could provide more infos about it, but can't :/

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Well click it and paste where you land...

Thats what I meant with "no more infos", when I click on it it only pauses the video or starts another related video. Right click on it to view Url doesnt work either. :/

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Well click it and paste where you land...

Thats what I meant with "no more infos", when I click on it it only pauses the video or starts another related video. Right click on it to view Url doesnt work either. :/

Hm... what's the video about, there must be something it's trying to sell/promote or a website it talks about? I need concrete keywords to search for. "Market news" yields nothing.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
I had the same one remember.. the reason it was improperly placed was probably because of the Mac OS (in my case) because it never happens on my other OS's.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Yea, only he's complaining about the ad itself, not the placement.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom