Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alpha Protocol gameplay video at IGN

Qwinn

Scholar
"Hawt Mercenary" = "OMG someone put Denise Crosby in the body of Sonya from Street Fighter, Aiiiiiigigggghhhhhh..."

Qwinn

Qwinn

Scholar
Otherwise, I think it looks pretty good, actually. Looking forward.

Qwinn

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Major_Boobage said:
i think it looks like shit. I hate the console targeting system for retards who have to use a gamepad.

Seems like Mass Effect in another setting..

Hmmm? There isn't any sort of auto targeting in AP.

Unless you're just complaining about shooters on a console in general?

Andhaira

Arcane
Anthony, why doesn't Alpha Protokol have martial arts and different martial art styles? That would be a huge help in selling the game.

Qwinn

Scholar
Doh! Yeah. I meant Mortal Kombat.

(But seriously, is my confusing those two something I'm actually supposed to be embarassed about now? Cause I'm really not.)

Qwinn

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Qwinn said:
is my confusing those two something I'm actually supposed to be embarassed about now?

yes

Anyway, it looks promising except for one thing that annoyed the shit out of me in FEAR2, and that is - EVERYTHING seems to have a fucking tag on top of it notifying you that 'O HAI, I AM A THINGY YOU CAN INTERACT WITH!', same with the 'shoot me!' icons on enemies.

However, notice around 4:00 how two shots by the mercenary-behind-a-corner reduce the player to half of his hp. me likes.

I just hope the enemy damage later on is adequate to the 400 hp the guy has...

Qwinn

Scholar

Yeah. You're right. I confused which one of two almost identical fighting games the blond mercenary chick came from. No way I'll ever get another date again now.

Qwinn

Major_Boobage

Scholar
Anthony Davis said:
Major_Boobage said:
i think it looks like shit. I hate the console targeting system for retards who have to use a gamepad.

This is just going to ported to PC isnt it? The same targeting system for people who use gamepads.

Qwinn said:
Yeah. You're right. I confused which one of two almost identical fighting games the blond mercenary chick came from.

No way I'll ever get another date again now.

Well your chances with everyone but the mythical gamer girls just went up at the cost of the almighty e-cred. Was it worth it? WAS IT WORTH IT?!

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
AndhairaX said:
Anthony, why doesn't Alpha Protokol have martial arts and different martial art styles? That would be a huge help in selling the game.

The bottom line is that animations cost a lot of memory. So we took one style and ran with it.

I don't know the specifics on the martial arts style that MT uses, except that it is real. We brought in this super sensei guy and his assitant (aka punching bag) and we mo-capped him doing all of these crazy things.

MT starts off only being able to punch and block, but sink enough points into martial arts and he turns into Tony Ja running around crushing everyone's face.

I'll see if I can find out who the guy was and what he martial arts style is.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Major_Boobage said:
Anthony Davis said:
Major_Boobage said:

This is just going to ported to PC isnt it? The same targeting system for people who use gamepads.

On the PC you use the mouse, though you can use an xbox controller too, just like crysis and other modern windows games.

I'm not really sure what you are asking or getting at though.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Anthony Davis said:
We brought in this super sensei guy

12jew-jitsu.jpg

:?:

Major_Boobage

Scholar
Anthony Davis said:
On the PC you use the mouse, though you can use an xbox controller too, just like crysis and other modern windows games.

I'm not really sure what you are asking or getting at though.

The game is dumbed down, console style. Extra big crosshair, view over the right shoulder, sluggish slow aim movement. Its not anything like the way it should cfr for example Counter-Strike.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom