Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anonymous Fallout 3 poll.

So, I....

• Torrented Fallout 3 but kept my money.

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Torrented Fallout 3 but paid for it later.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Paid for Fallout 3 and enjoyed it.

• Paid for Fallout 3 but thought it sucked.

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Fallout 3? Wouldn't have a bar of it!

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Paid for KingComrades anus and enjoyed it.

• Total voters
This poll is to assauge my curiosity in regards to those that liked Fallout 3, and whether they paid for the game. Those that didn't like Fallout 3 will also have options.

Achilles

Arcane
Shouldn't there be an option for "torrented Fallout 3 and liked it"?

relootz

Scholar
FO3 is not awful, its just not good.

You do know that mediocre exist also right?

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Torrented, played it for a while. Probably got my money's worth, I played for about 10+ hours and actually mostly enjoyed it for that time. Then the novelty wore off, I tried to work out what was good about it or what I actually liked about it in the first place, and I went full steam ahead to the endgame to see what happened before it got too much and I uninstalled. I made it, barely. It wasn't worth it.

Kept my money, funnily enough.

relootz said:

Yes, I know medicore exists. All I am asking is: did you enjoy it? And if so, how did you...procure it? and then, should you have done so by naugty means, did you then pay for that enjoyment.

Just for reference purposes, the poll is about Fallout 3. NOT Fallout 3 New Vegas. I wouldn't make a poll about a game that is a day or so old.

POOPOO MCBUMFACE said:
Torrented, played it for a while. Probably got my money's worth, I played for about 10+ hours and actually mostly enjoyed it for that time. Then the novelty wore off, I tried to work out what was good about it or what I actually liked about it in the first place, and I went full steam ahead to the endgame to see what happened before it got too much and I uninstalled. I made it, barely. It wasn't worth it.

Kept my money, funnily enough.

:lol:

You did indeed get your money's worth.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Didn't buy it or torrent it. Played it at a friend's instead (who went through the "paid and thought he liked it but then decided it sucked" thing). Was enough to tell me there was no point in me playing it, so I didn't.

madbringer

Arcane
Torrented, played for a few days, realized how empty, shallow, and devoid of challenge the game is and shift deleted it away. :| There were some fun aspects to the experience, but certainly not enough to warrant any expenditure on my end.

Thank fuck i avoided the pitfall of trying to mod it out, like i did with Oblivion.

relootz

Scholar
Blackadder said:
relootz said:

Yes, I know medicore exists. All I am asking is: did you enjoy it? And if so, how did you...procure it? and then, should you have done so by naugty means, did you then pay for that enjoyment.

Just for reference purposes, the poll is about Fallout 3. NOT Fallout 3 New Vegas. I wouldn't make a poll about a game that is a day or so old.

I preordered a CE of FO3. I just roamed around, discovering locations and i enjoyed that. However i did not like the combat at all and when i tried to do quests, i almost got a heartattack due to the fact that the quests are poorly done and the dialogue appears to have been written by a 10 year old.

The main quest is a disgrace and not even worth being mentioned as a main quest.

So i would describe my experience of FO3 as being moderately enjoyable if you like to run around just exploring, but after a while you get tired of doing that and the remaining aspects of the game are horrible. I guess you could say that i at least got my moneys worth in playtime.

So none of the options given in this poll suit my opinion. It's not good enough to warrant a must play let alone buy but it's not without any merit.

Project: Eternity
I bought it and played through the main quest, mostly enjoyed it, then had a moment of clarity and just couldn't play it for a moment longer. The thing is, the exact same thing happened to me with Oblivion.

It took quite a while before I got tired of Oblivion, but when it happened I wondered what the hell I enjoyed about the game in the first place and couldn't really offer an answer. I'd bought Fallout 3 in the hope that it would rekindle the same kind of slackjawed enjoyment I had with Oblivion at first, but I think the novelty of OMG I CAN GO ANYWARES had worn off nearly completely at that point.

Freelance Henchman said:
I bought it and played through the main quest, mostly enjoyed it, then had a moment of clarity and just couldn't play it for a moment longer. The thing is, the exact same thing happened to me with Oblivion.

It took quite a while before I got tired of Oblivion, but when it happened I wondered what the hell I enjoyed about the game in the first place and couldn't really offer an answer. I'd bought Fallout 3 in the hope that it would rekindle the same kind of slackjawed enjoyment I had with Oblivion at first, but I think the novelty of OMG I CAN GO ANYWARES had worn off nearly completely at that point.

I have heard this before, outside of the Codex. Initial buzz, followed by 'wtf am I playing?' in regards to these two games.

relootz said:
Blackadder said:
relootz said:

I preordered a CE of FO3. I just roamed around, discovering locations and i enjoyed that. However i did not like the combat at all and when i tried to do quests, i almost got a heartattack due to the fact that the quests are poorly done and the dialogue appears to have been written by a 10 year old.

The main quest is a disgrace and not even worth being mentioned as a main quest.

So i would describe my experience of FO3 as being moderately enjoyable if you like to run around just exploring, but after a while you get tired of doing that and the remaining aspects of the game are horrible. I guess you could say that i at least got my moneys worth in playtime.

So none of the options given in this poll suit my opinion. It's not good enough to warrant a must play let alone buy but it's not without any merit.

I think you basically chose: Paid for it but thought it sucks. The reason I say this is you actually say, right there "It's not good enough to warrant a must play let alone buy..."

Yet it has merit? For what? Just downloading from a torrent and playing? If so, it isn't worth buying, yes?

However, your answer gets confusing, because you say before this that you "got your money's worth".

relootz

Scholar
Blackadder said:
relootz said:
Blackadder said:
relootz said:

I think you basically chose: Paid for it but thought it sucks. The reason I say this is you actually say, right there "It's not good enough to warrant a must play let alone buy..."

Yet it has merit? For what? Just downloading from a torrent and playing? If so, it isn't worth buying, yes?

However, your answer gets confusing, because you say before this that you "got your money's worth".

I had fun exploring and roaming around. It is a big world so i played countless hours before that wore off. Seeing that recent games have like 10 hours of single player content and that i got vastly more hours out of this game i guess i got my moneys worth.

Silellak

Cipher
Blackadder said:
Freelance Henchman said:

I have heard this before, outside of the Codex. Initial buzz, followed by 'wtf am I playing?' in regards to these two games.
It's pretty much the same realization many people get after a few months of playing an MMO, I think. At least Bethesda games don't come with the dirty, dirty feeling of having paid $15 a month for that playtime.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Torrented, played for a few days, realized how empty, shallow, and devoid of challenge the game and its exploration aspects are and quickly finished the main quest. Which topped off a mediocre gaming experience with a big, smelly, runny turd.
The game showed some potential after leaving the vault, but gameplay, story and most design decisions just kept getting more aggravating.
But if I'd bought it at bargain price I wouldn't have felt cheated.

Needles

Scholar
Silellak said:
It's pretty much the same realization many people get after a few months of playing an MMO, I think. At least Bethesda games don't come with the dirty, dirty feeling of having paid $15 a month for that playtime.

Yeah well, there is a redeeming factor for MMOs though: at least you wasted time with some friends and had some laughs on vent, while popamoling away.
Most modern SP games don't even offer that meagre consolation.

Eyeball

Arcane
Torrented it, enjoyed it enough to buy it, enjoyed the hell out of it. Once modded.

FO3: Decent out of the box, very, very good considering modding capabilities, not really a Fallout game, though.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Torrented it and kept my money. Enjoyed it at times when I pretended it wasn't Fallout. At times I felt guilty enjoying it without paying, but feeling soon passed what with the constant shitty aspects of it popping up.

With NV I think I will buy it eventually unless it really starts t suck later in the game and of course only as a GOTY or whatever edition with all of the DLC/expansions. So far it has avoided Beth's shitty design decisions*as much as Shitbryo allows).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom