Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anonymous Fallout 3 poll.

So, I....

• Torrented Fallout 3 but kept my money.

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Torrented Fallout 3 but paid for it later.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Paid for Fallout 3 and enjoyed it.

• Paid for Fallout 3 but thought it sucked.

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Fallout 3? Wouldn't have a bar of it!

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Paid for KingComrades anus and enjoyed it.

• Total voters

The Wizard

Educated
Torrented Fallout 3 but thought it sucked.

how much fucking jenkem do you need to inject right into your eyeball to even consider buying this shit.

Morkar Left

I informed myself on the internet about the many flaws and realized that it wouldn´t be a proper rpg. But I was in a strange mood for a shooter which I rarely play and I thought why not try a shooter with stats and exploration in it.
I torrented the game and downloaded some gameplaymods. It was enjoyable enough to buy the GotY edition.

Stabwound

Arcane
I honestly did not even play it.

I am honestly surprised that there are 14 other people that didn't play it either. Or just don't want to admit that they did.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Got it in a bargain bin (some random local offer) with all the DLCs. And didn't remove it physically from the inventory before.

And I must say, it's well worth the 15 € I invested. Not an RPG, not really Fallout. Enjoyable still.
Just.. don't play melee ;)
And don't play the alien DLC... wtf?

Robot

Scholar
Didn't play it. Intrigued enough by NV to most likely give it a torrent when I'm home for the holidays.

Klaz

Scholar
Torrented it, I hated this game. Hated hated hated hated hated this game. Hated it. Hated every simpering stupid vacant audience-insulting moment of it. Hated the sensibility that thought anyone would like it. Hated the implied insult to the audience by its belief that anyone would be entertained by it.

No redeeming features whatsoever, except maybe the editor (Though I haven't yet seen a decent Total Conversion mod). I was prepared to accept Fallout as a FPS/RPG hybrid, but this...

Fun exploration? That particular element was mediocre at best, not enough to save the rest of the game.

Quest design was half decent, if it weren't for the absolutely horrendous dialog and plotline the game would be salvageable. Also whoever thought the subway system was a good idea deserves to be shot.

Rhalle

Magister
'Acquired' a copy.

Played it through once, completing the main plot and hitting about half of the optional content.

Art direction good. Huge open world-- and the sheer scope of it all-- is great, although the emptiness and brown-ness detracted from it and killed much of the fun.

Story was serviceable and combat mechanics were so-so.

Couldn't compel myself to play through it again to finish the optional stuff I missed. Had fun with it once, didn't hate the overall experience it offered, but I can't say it was a great game, either.

Topher

Cipher
I torrented it but I've yet to actually play it so I'm unable to say if I will pay for it or not but when I decide I'll be sure to come vote.

* I thought you were talking about New Vegas. I bought Fallout 3 for my 360 at it's launch. I think the game itself can be fun but it has a great many mechanics that take away from it's overall appeal and since I don't really see it as having any connection with the previous games I suppose I would fall into the "decent for what it is" category because I found exploring the wasteland reasonably fun even though the quests were not.

Murk

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:
Never played it :rpgcodex:

Likewise, kept the path pure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom