Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum vs Planescape: Torment

Which is the better RPG?

• Arcanum: Of Steamworks And Magick Obscura

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Planescape: Torment

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Voted for Torment simply because I didn't play Arcanum, because I didn't like the graphixxx :declineofthecodex:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
PS:T because it is my all-time favourite. But... well, Arcanum is actually more replayable for me. I played it 5 times and could still replay it a sixth time. Still, I vote for PST.

x4nti

Educated
This is really apples and oranges, and i don't particular like oranges.

I voted Arcanum. It offers more freedom in character development, has a much richer game world, is purely turn-based, HAS ARMOR etc.

Raapys

Arcane
PS:T, it was just a better and more memorable experience, at least on the first playthrough.

Erebus

Arcane
Arcanum versus Torment ? Are you kidding or are you really bereft of any taste whatsoever ?

ixg

Erudite
Oh hey it's Cloaked Figure, the newest attention whore to hit the codex

RainSong

Scholar
geeee can you tell me what is better, deus ex or painkiller?

wiiiiiiiii, I've made another pointless thread.

16i8ln9.gif

Cogar

Novice
Actually, I would not call combat in Arcanum lackluster. Some interesting things happen when you have a mixture of technological and magickal characters--not to mention different combat styles, weaponry, and stats of your questing party.

Sirus

Liturgist
cloaked figure vs larping dude who is more annoying?

Cogar

Novice
Cloaked Figure said:
and i actually loved the RT combat in arcanum but did not want to share that becos of the flaemz i would get for it
The RT combat is OK when playing on "Easy," but it is inadequate for the higher difficulties IMO. Anyway, I have pretty much played Arcanum turn-based and have never tried their "Quick Turn Based" version, whatever that is. :?

Melcar

Arcane
Arcanum bitches. I actually replayed that one. PT:S, for all its greatness, only captivated me twice (second time didn't even bother to finish it).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom