Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News ATOM Team's next game is Swordhaven: Iron Conspiracy, a fantasy RPG inspired by Baldur's Gate 1

std::namespace

mentally ill rupig

std::namespace

The hell? "Президент России Владимир Путин назвал «полной чушью» заявления президента США Джо Байдена, что российские войска могут напасть на НАТО." -- TACC, little more than a few weeks ago. You calling your democratically elected leader a liar? What, he'll just back out of his words like a little bitch when Operation Rīga in 2 days begins? Is that it? I think I found the real rusophobe, and it wasn't the deplorable Twitter Smiley Face Offender.
Can someone retardo this guy? This is derailment & politics, no place in a gaming forum, as we all know. Infinitron ?
mentally ill пидорашка

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Can someone retardo this guy? This is derailment & politics, no place in a gaming forum, as we all know. Infinitron ?
He's the game's developer, you idiot.

That being said, I've had to Retardo several posts ITT due to unnecessary political shit. We're not going to put up with that in any of our gaming threads, even from the developers themselves. That means you, Atomboy.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.

That being said, I've had to Retardo several posts ITT due to unnecessary political shit. We're not going to put up with that in any of our gaming threads, even from the developers themselves. That means you, Atomboy.
Can you do your shitty job once without some retarded snarky comment, even when the claim being made is entirely reasonable? What a sad sack of shit you are

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Option 3 = 4 = 6, therefore they're redundant
Option 2 = 5 (but option 2 is retarded, because nobility doesn't speak like filth)
Option 1 is autistic.
No way to answer truthfully.
No way to bail.
A ton of useless descriptions.

Yup, that's a nu-RPG alright.

5fe6fdc174296eaf64dfc8792298f904.png
Have you played BG1? This dialogue box is very very much in the style of it.

Probably I am not the only one to think that BG1 was not actually that good. Especially in it's writing.

If I were Atomboy I would be really worried that this vastly different artstyle will not appeal to as many people as a post-apoc one would. I think of Cavedog Entertainment, who released a high fantasy sequel to a smash hit sci-fi RTS in the late 90s. Even though the sequel was good, people did not buy it, and they folded. I bought ATOM and Trudograd and loved them but I also would not buy this.
Nothing you say here means the writing isn't shit and shouldn't be changed. Unless your entire point, judging by those last few sentences, is to give tips on how they can make such a mind numbing game that'll sell to more people?
Option 3 = 4 = 6, therefore they're redundant
Option 2 = 5 (but option 2 is retarded, because nobility doesn't speak like filth)
Option 1 is autistic.
No way to answer truthfully.
No way to bail.
A ton of useless descriptions.

Yup, that's a nu-RPG alright.

5fe6fdc174296eaf64dfc8792298f904.png
If such a small encounter is written like this, I shudder at the result of anything more important. It reeks of someone uncomfortable with their writing prowess and throws in any ol' thing, the more that's written the more it looks like they know what they're doing. Like a highschooler doing a last minute essay.

I don't know why more games don't treat their dialogue like Gothic does. It's not going to revolutionize writing in gaming but gives you exactly what you need to connect the events. Reading someone's creative writing drafts just leads to me skipping all dialogue and pushing through to the end.

Oh no you don't, you're gonna like the dialogues much more in this one. You have 1, I read like 10 this morning, the writing has truly improved!
If it has improved, what was the play showcasing a terrible example, instead of maybe, the best example or something more in the middle that's supposedly going to be the baseline for the quality of writing?

jackofshadows

Magister
They even call it "Iron conspiracy" lol

Is this a sarcastic clone of BG?
They could as well name it Galdur's Bate or something. Sword's shore fairytales. Real parody level, yeah.

Overall I expect it to be tech competent and pretty enough but since they've allegedly changed the tone utterly boring (instead of cringe). Then again, the title dude.

Imagine if these guys who want to make games and know how to code would work under some truly talented lead with a strong vision. That would be a whole different story. Then again, allegedly this is what they actually want to make and to play.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I dont think their games are great...
You dare to bear the symbol of Vatnik openly and proudly, yet think the ATOM RPG games, which genuinely feel fucking fantastic, are not great.

Go back to your shitty dacha you Vodka soaked yokel! Maybe your babushka will make you realize that voting with us is the winning way.

Inspired or not does it really matter that much? Trudograd is a really good RPG, why cant Swordhaven be the same?
I would say its good, as in good enough to play. Yet it wasnt good enough for me to finish it. At some point I just got a bit bored of all of its half baked off the cuff quirky "charm".

ArchAngel

Arcane

Can you do your shitty job once without some retarded snarky comment, even when the claim being made is entirely reasonable? What a sad sack of shit you are
But his snarky comments make him human unlike that bot Infinitron.

Lhynn

Arcane
Atom was good, its just that, as customary for classic rpgs, there was a lot of not good mixed in with the good, hard rpg to get into at the start. Trudograd improves on pretty much every aspect and is very much a perfect sequel to Atom.

I recommend both games, but if you have little patience, just skip straight to Trudograd.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom