Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Compilation - Extras?

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
So basically, a 15-year old pseudo-Asian female Paladin of Tyr from the Outer Planes, and a semi-divine 25-dexterity super-Kensai Hercules-in-Space orphan that is also a dyke, both of them available for imaginary plowing under the guise of romancing.

Did these people get scouted and assigned to work on Dragon Age 2?

zool

Arcane
No Saerileth discussion is complete without this guy's hilarious review of the worst NPC mods for BGII, including Choe and Saerileth.

Chloe: Chloe is a lesbian, which I have a bizarre boner for. Lesbians are God's way of saying "You messed up, but I still love you" Chloe is God's way of saying "You messed up too many times, I hate you" This is Old Testament God coming back to modern times, which is the only explanation I can think of for this mod that doesn't make me hate everyone

Chloe cannot shut up. She has something to say about EVERYTHING. Her romance involves her telling you her life story and then suddenly you're doing the cooch mooch. She looks like a clown that was rejected from the circus for being too ridiculous. Her talks with other characters are nauseating, involving her pushing down our throats how amazing she is and how terrible everyone else is comparison to her. She's a kensai with 13 strength which is the second worst use of a kensai stats ever (I'll be getting to the first in a bit)

If Chloe was a video game sound she would be Baby Mario from Yoshi's Island after you've been hit by an enemy put on an infinite loop

Saerileth: There is no doubt in anyone's mind that this is the worst thing in human existance. I could spend hours sitting here typing out the various ways this mod has stoked the fire of hatred within me. How the makers are some of the most self centred useless people on the internet who should be sued by everyone who has witnissed their mod for mental trauma. How their terrible mod has brought me frustration and anger at it's mere existance far more than it really should

I'm not sure why they thought "I know! Let's make an underage paladin mod for Baldur's Gate II! There's a massive paedophile market out there we could be filling!" but I do know that I despise them far more than I should for this. I just can't help it. Between the pretentious olde englishe which she pulls out roughly half the time, the voice acting that sounds like she's from Eastern Europe, the not so subtle paedophilic overtones and the incredibly creepy romance talks, this mod has taught me to hate in ways I never thought I could. I never have to play this ever again, but the fact that someone out there not only likes this mod but has jerked off to it is one of the most disgusting things the internet has ever shown me

If I knew where the makers of Saerileth mod lived, I would set a litter of puppies on fire and throw them through the windows of their house until everyone was dead

If Saerileth was an ice cream she would cause birth defects

:salute:

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Do you really need to ask that after the romances in newer Bioware-games?

Barghest

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Actually guys, I could do with some help here.

The BWP install worked fine, but I want to reinstall the 'BG2 tweaks' installer 'romance cheats' so I can play a flaming lesbian. I've manually re-run the tweak, but it breaks the game. If I head into the barracks in Candlekeep the game will CTD.

I've asked on the shsforums, but I'm sure someone here knows of an workaround?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Barghest said:
Actually guys, I could do with some help here.

The BWP install worked fine, but I want to reinstall the 'BG2 tweaks' installer 'romance cheats' so I can play a flaming lesbian. I've manually re-run the tweak, but it breaks the game. If I head into the barracks in Candlekeep the game will CTD.

I've asked on the shsforums, but I'm sure someone here knows of an workaround?

I spent yesterday messing with the BWP so I can actually answer this.

I know some of the romance cheats conflict with the flirt pack because I've had that problem in the past. It might conflict with other mods, but I don't know why you would CTD in candlekeep. Did installing the tweak cause weidu to uninstall a bunch of stuff first and then reinstall it? Because if so your BG2 installation is probably broken. Otherwise, I'm not sure.

In any case, to get the romance cheats installed properly, you'd have to use the BWP installer again to clean your BG2 directory, select the mods you want installed (I hope you didn't delete anything), and then manually edit the batch file it produces. It's really not hard, and there are instructions for it somewhere in the BWP install folder.

Alternatively you could try to force the romance to start with the console, but I'm not sure that would work (I'm pretty sure the flirt pack changes the romance variables).

Also,
Hegel said:
The cow milking mod is an optional content of CtB, maybe you could have read the ingame dialogues, especially when Gorion tells you CAN SKIP THE BORING TASKS. FFS.

I looked up the mod. It specifically says the chores are required. There's another mod that allows you to skip the chores, which probably didn't exist when I tried the BWP a few years ago. That was back when it was still called Big Picture, and you had to download and install all the mods by hand.

In any case, this thread inspired me to try it again. I'm using the tactical install, although I took the option to choose which mods to download so I don't have them all. It took me all day to look up all the mods and get everything installed (although the actual installation only took about 2 hours, I had to do it 3 times because of problems).

One thing that really pissed me off is that BWP doesn't come with Ascension. You have to download Big Picture as part of your installation to get it. I didn't realize that at first so I had to reinstall the entire goddamn game and wait another few hours to add it.

Barghest

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Xor said:
One thing that really pissed me off is that BWP doesn't come with Ascension. You have to download Big Picture as part of your installation to get it. I didn't realize that at first so I had to reinstall the entire goddamn game and wait another few hours to add it.

Yeah, that's confusing.

Karmapowered

Augur
Get this (or rather this for the visually impaired).

Download whatever mod has your fancy from here, if the automatic updater can't fetch it.

RTFM :
Don't complain later, if you have the attention span of a mite, or cannot into reading.

:x

Thank the people that work slave over this project, and enjoy!

EDIT : Just because people sometimes :M

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
aurora and shoes is good, though it looks fluffy.

The item randomizer is excellent (only if you're bored of finding things in the same place though).

PnP fiends is good.

IA animations is interesting - i'm using it, but it has some problems yet, like hive PS:T thugs as black talon archers throwing daggers (this is the most egregious i've noticed however).

Avoid all "chosen of mystra" mods. They're overpowered to hell, even after the BP-Balancer and it's all just combat, recycled areas and loot anyway. +3 weapons in BG? Vorpal effects? Fuck you.
CoM mods also add "uber" spells scrolls (that you can memorize - don't do this).

Secret of UnderHill was ok, because of the good second part (after candlekeep catacomb), but it's easy to see some problems (scripts etc), area recycling etc.

Although it's a good idea, i'm not going to install BGSpawn again in my next run - i suspect it is causing hangs, but then again, i'm in linux - they may be caused by the scheduler freaking out about a hidden bug in the BG thread code that didn't express because Linux is faster spawning threads - there's a similar problem in MoO2 windows version on wine).

Although some original npc mods look interesting (BG1NPC is ok) there is the disadvantage that some put "opportunities" to start the derpy romances in the NPC initiated banters, leading you to read something awful occasionally.

Haven't got to BG2 yet.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Barghest said:
Any updates for this? The links are now broken...

The guy that made that utility gave up.

:lol:

Anyway, your best bet is doing it manually.

Go here:
http://kerzenburg.baldurs-gate.eu/bwpmods.php

Click on the download links that you want (6th column, occasionally 9th - english version), then install everything on your bg 2 folder (keep bg1 installed side by side with bg2, full installs - read the manual - for both).

Then do the BWP Install bat.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Oh also The Darkest Day is complete shit. Avoid it at all costs.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Now...Tutu certainly was a great project, but other then that, what is there content wise?

Well..other then shitty NPC mods that is.

Have anyone tried to make a completely new module out of the already existing maps?

On the IWD2 engine also maybe?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
deus101 said:
On the IWD2 engine also maybe?

There was a project called IcewindGate that put BGII in the IWDII engine, however a number of the function that are hard-coded into the BGII engine (like checking if you are casting magic in Athkatla without permission would summon the Mages). That function and more do not exists in the IWDII engine so the project was abandoned.

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
SCO said:

"403 FORBIDDEN!

Either the address you are accessing this site from has been banned for previous malicious behavior or the action you attempted is considered to be hostile to the proper functioning of this system.

The detected reason(s) you were blocked are:
Bothost and/or Server Farm. -> rmatch("veloxzone.com.br")"

So this is what you get for living in third worldia. :x

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom