Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate II autopause

Lesifoere

Liturgist
To be sure, I do prefer Kelsey over Anomen and, say, Solaufein. The mod, of course. Oh, god, fucking copy-pasted poetry, emotasticness, Drizzt-esque character and all.

elander_

Arbiter
aboyd said:
I have experience with Fallout 1 & 2, Arcanum, ToEE, Dark Sun 1, Eschalon: Book 1, and a handful of JRPGs. I also played some war RPG -- Nazis, I think? -- from a couple of years ago. None of them have made me prefer the level of detail that you like.

TB systems give maximum precision and control to the player. If the game balance is adequate we really need a TB system. I noticed this in Jagged Alliance and Fallout Tactics (without using exploits and taking advantage of bugs of course).

Fallout has lots of situations in combat that can be enjoyed in TB, like the messages when we score a critical or when we hit two enemies with one shot. It all makes the game feel a lot more personal with all the taunts and provocations they say to each other. In a RTwP game this all happens to fast to properly enjoyed. Unfortunately Fallout misses a lot of startegic detail we see in games like JA2 and Fallout Tactics so TB is a bit wasted in that area.

Saxon1974

Prophet
Any risk to adding mods to my current game? Will it mess up my save games?

I might not do it for BGII and just mod BG1 when I go back and replay that one.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
" In a RTwP game this all happens to fast to properly enjoyed."

Simply not true. Taunts and provcations in RT w/pause (or hell, even RT) games are highly enjoybale 'properly'. Whatever 'proeprly' is supposed to mean in this conxtext. Is that the best defense you ahve for TB combat? One can enjoy taunts 'properly'? L0L I can think of better defenses than that despite thinking that TB and RT w/pause are pretty much equal in terms of what you can and cannot do with them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom